In the latest February issue of Newtype magazine that was released in Japan on January 10, it was revealed that that the new anime adaptation of Fruits Basket is slated to premiere in Japan in April. Funimation will also be streaming the anime for the West via FunimationNow and have the rights to the release the anime on home video.
It was announced last year on the official website of Hana to Yume magazine confirming of a new anime adaptation of the popular Fruits Basket manga created by Natsuki Takaya. The text in the announcement image says “Zenpen”, meaning “the entire story”.
The Fruits Basket manga series was released in the magazine back in 1998 and ended in 2006. It was released in English by Tokyopop and was re-released in 12 omnibus volumes by Yen Press in 2016.
The story centers on an ordinary high school girl named Tohru Honda who was forced to move out after a tragedy in the family and had no choice but to live in a tent. Little did she know that she actually stepped into the land owned by the Sohma clan. After she was offered to stay at their residence, she found out the Sohma’s family secret of turning themselves into animals based on their Chinese Zodiac when touched by the opposite sex.
Source: Anime News Network
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch
- Veteran Voice Actress Maaya Sakamoto Joins All-New Fruits Basket Cast
- Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021
- Yuri Fair 2019’s Key Visual Features 'Bloom Into You'
- Square Enix Files Trademarks to ‘Secret of Mana’ and ‘Final Fantasy Adventure’ in the United States
- ‘Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid’ Season 2 is Confirmed!
- ‘Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions - Take on Me!’ to be Available for Streaming on HIDIVE
- Mobile Suit Gundam NT to Screen in US Theaters for One Day Only
- Manga Horror Master Junji Ito to Make First North American Appearance
- Square Enix Files Trademark for Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Earns US$32 Million in the United Kingdom and Selected Countries in Asia
- Rin Tohsaka VA Kana Ueda Hospitalized, Cancels US Appearances