Real Train Accident Footage Used in Live-Action ‘Death Note’ Netflix Film was Used Without Permission
Just more than a year after the premiere of Netflix’s live-action movie adaptation of Death Note was released, another round of criticism is now being surfaced once again. According to Dutch news sources, the movie was actually using a real footage of a 2010 train accident in Belgium. The incident caused 310 injured and 19 people dead.
According to the National Railway Company of Belgium, Netflix did not approach and ask for permission to use the said footage. Spokesman Dimitri Temmerman said in the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper that “This shows little respect for the victims and surviving relatives, or for the staff of the railway and the emergency services. We are deciding whether to take steps to deal with this matter,"
Families of the deceased as well of the survivors of the incident were not even notified by Netflix on the usage of the said footage which got them very angry. One of the survivors Anita Mahy expressed angrily that, “You’ll just sit and watch a movie in the evening unsuspectingly, only to face the accident again."
The movie premiered in Netflix on August 25, 2017 starring Nat Wolff as Light Turner, Magaret Qualley as Mia Sutton, Keith Stanfield as L, Shia Whigham as James Turner, Paul Nakauchi as Watari, and Williem Dafoe as the voice of Ryuk. The movie was mostly criticized due to being completely different from the Death Note manga.
Source: Anime News Network
‘Non Non Biyori’ Anime is Getting a Third Season! May 12, 10pmIt was announced on Saturday during the “Nyanpasu Matsuri Vacation Nanon”. event that the anime series Non Non Biyori is getting a third season. A promotional video on the announcement of the anime’s third season was also uploaded on the series' official website.
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles
- 2nd ‘Made in Abyss’ Compilation Film to Premiere in the US on May 27!
- More Game Trailers Released for ‘Samurai Shodown’ Video Game
- Toonami Block Adds Attack on Titan Season 3, Airs Half an Hour Earlier Starting May 25
- Viz Media Announces English Dub Cast for Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars Blu-ray Release
- Jesus and Buddha Frolic Around Akihabara in New Saint Young Men Teaser
- New Fruits Basket Bonus Manga to be Bundled With 1st DVD/Blu-ray of the Series
- ‘Non Non Biyori’ Anime is Getting a Third Season!
- ‘The Promised Neverland’ Manga will Take a 1-Week Break