Popular video streaming platform Netflix has added new anime films into their growing library namely Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You! and The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky. It is now available for streaming on the said platform for the United States.
The film’s world premiere happened at the Japan Expo 2017 on July 6. It officially premiered in Japan on July 15. It ranked #1 in the box office and earned 516 million yen in its first two days of screening.
As described by The Pokemon Company, Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! is an origin story highlighting Ash and Pikachu’s first meeting and their adventures as they search for the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh. The iconic pair encounter familiar faces along the way, new characters including Trainers Verity and Sorrel, and even a mysterious new Mythical Pokémon, Marshadow. Challenges and epic Pokémon battles abound in this unique new story about the beginning of one of the most beloved friendships in popular culture.
Gekijōban Nanatsu no Taizai: Tenkū no Torawarebito (The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky) premiered in Japan on August 18. A 16-page storybook drawn by the manga creator Nakaba Suzuki were given to those who bought advanced tickets and a copy of the original volume 33 from 7net. The storybook centers on the “day of that incident 10 years” which wasn’t mentioned in the first 17 volumes of the manga.
The movie has a completely new story created by manga creator Nakaba Suzuki. It features three new characters named Sorada (voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga) the “heavenly winged person” from Sky Palace, Ellatte (voiced by Haruka Tomatsu) whose appearance almost matches the character Elizabeth, Bellion (voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa) the leader of the Six Knights of Black of the Demon Clan army.
The Seven Deadly Sins anime adaptation was aired in 2014 and 2015 in a total of 24 episodes. A television anime special titled The Seven Deadly Sins –Signs of Holy War- premiered in August 2016 for four episodes. The second season anime titled as The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments premiered in January this year. The anime is available for steaming on Netflix.
- Season 4 Confirmed for “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma”
- Square Enix Confirms That Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Playable in the Play Station 5
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set
- My Hero Academia Season 4 Reveals Character Visuals for Big 3, Sir Nighteye & Bubble Girl
- Racehorse that Inspired One of “Uma Musume Pretty Derby” Characters Dies
- ‘No More Heroes III’ Game Slated to Release in 2020 for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Reveals Release Date for “Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening” Remake
- Nintendo Announces “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” Sequel
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Also Announced by Square Enix at E3
- Square Enix Debuts New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake That Includes Tifa
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Slated for a March 3, 2020 Worldwide Release
- Yuri Manga “Fragtime” Gets OVA Adaptation, Releases PV and Premiere Date
- “Pastel Memories” Mobile Game to End Service on August 6
- See New Persona 5 Character Kasumi Yoshizawa in Battle with Her Persona