Popular video streaming platform Netflix has added new anime films into their growing library namely Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You! and The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky. It is now available for streaming on the said platform for the United States.
The film’s world premiere happened at the Japan Expo 2017 on July 6. It officially premiered in Japan on July 15. It ranked #1 in the box office and earned 516 million yen in its first two days of screening.
As described by The Pokemon Company, Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! is an origin story highlighting Ash and Pikachu’s first meeting and their adventures as they search for the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh. The iconic pair encounter familiar faces along the way, new characters including Trainers Verity and Sorrel, and even a mysterious new Mythical Pokémon, Marshadow. Challenges and epic Pokémon battles abound in this unique new story about the beginning of one of the most beloved friendships in popular culture.
Gekijōban Nanatsu no Taizai: Tenkū no Torawarebito (The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky) premiered in Japan on August 18. A 16-page storybook drawn by the manga creator Nakaba Suzuki were given to those who bought advanced tickets and a copy of the original volume 33 from 7net. The storybook centers on the “day of that incident 10 years” which wasn’t mentioned in the first 17 volumes of the manga.
The movie has a completely new story created by manga creator Nakaba Suzuki. It features three new characters named Sorada (voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga) the “heavenly winged person” from Sky Palace, Ellatte (voiced by Haruka Tomatsu) whose appearance almost matches the character Elizabeth, Bellion (voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa) the leader of the Six Knights of Black of the Demon Clan army.
The Seven Deadly Sins anime adaptation was aired in 2014 and 2015 in a total of 24 episodes. A television anime special titled The Seven Deadly Sins –Signs of Holy War- premiered in August 2016 for four episodes. The second season anime titled as The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments premiered in January this year. The anime is available for steaming on Netflix.
- 13 Manga Titles Nominated for 12th Manga Taisho Awards
- ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Makes it to #3 in the U.S. Weekend Box Office Earning $10.7 Million!
- U.S. Screening for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Earns Estimated USD$ 7 Million on Opening Day
- VIZ Media to Release ‘Dragon Ball: A Visual History’ Art Book in Fall 2019
- 2-Minute Ad Released for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’
- New ‘Fruits Basket’ Anime Adaptation to Release in April!
- ‘Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II. lost butterfly’ to Screen in U.S. Theaters on March 14!
- Visuals for Upcoming 23rd ‘Detective Conan’ Film Revealed!
- Season 2 of ‘Kakegurui’ to have a Total of 12 Episodes
- Five Anime Movies Nominated for the 42nd Japan Academy Prize
- Pre-order Bonuses Revealed in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Preview Videos!
- Latest ‘Love Live! Sunshine!!’ Movie Earns Almost 100 Million Yen in its First Three Days of Screening!
- Film Trailer for ‘Precure Miracle Universe’ Anime Film Released
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for a Month
- ‘Hunter X Hunter: The Last Mission’ Anime Film to Screen in U.S. Theaters on January 30
- Real Train Accident Footage Used in Live-Action ‘Death Note’ Netflix Film was Used Without Permission
- Creator of ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Teases a Character from His Mystery Project
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Dominates the U.S. Monthly Bookscan December List!