The latest anime film of the Dragon Ball franchise titled Dragon Ball Super: Broly has conquered the Japanese box office earning 2 billion yen in just 11 days. This was confirmed by the newspaper Mainichi Shimbun on Tuesday.
The film opened on December 14 in Japan sold more than 820,000 tickets in just in the first three days of screening. It immediately earned more than 1,050,000,000 yen and immediately topped the Japanese box office charts.
Dragon Ball Super: Broly takes place after the Dragon Ball Super anime. The Dragon Ball Super manga will be skipping the story of the film but will have its own novel adaptation slated for release on December 14.
Its first world premiere event happened at Nippon Budokan last November 14 and will premiere in Japan on December 14 (in regular and 4DX screenings.) The English dub premiere will be at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood and will officially open in US and Canada theaters on January 16.
Source: Mantan Web
- SOS Brigade from “Haruhi Suzumiya” Finally Reunite After 12 Years
- John Cho Appears to be Preparing for Spike Spiegel Role With New Hairdo
- Japanese VAs of Attack on Titan’s Eren Jaeger & K-On’s Azusa Nakano Announce Marriage
- Shoko Nakagawa to Perform New Ending Theme Song for ‘Pokémon Sun & Moon’ Anime
- ‘Prison Break’ TV Drama Series Gets Manga Adaptation
- First “Devil May Cry” Game to be Available on Switch Next Week
- New Cyborg 009 Manga to be Launched this July
- Square Enix Explains Reason for Downsizing of Tifa’s Chest in FFVII Remake
- “Himouto! Umaru-chan” VA Aimi Tanaka Reveals That She Underwent Surgery, Has Already Recovered
- Assassin’s Pride Anime Announces Main Cast, Staff
- New Captain Harlock Manga Launched, French Artist Jérôme Alquié Credited for Manga’s Art
- Season 4 Confirmed for “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma”
- Square Enix Confirms That Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Playable in the Play Station 5
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set