The “Steins; Gate 0” anime was meant to have 24 episodes but the supposed final episode did not air. Now it is announced that the 24th episode will be streamed on Crunchyroll. Titled as "Valentine’s of Crystal Polymorphism – Bittersweet Intermedio -” the episode is also a part of the sixth and final DVD and Blu-ray Disc release for the series that shipped on Friday.
“Steins; Gate 0” is a science fiction anime based on 5pb.’s 2015 video game of the same name, and is part of the Science Adventure franchise. Created by White Fox, the series is also a sequel to the 2011 anime series “Steins; Gate” and premiered in April 2018. The series ran for a total of 23 episodes plus an OVA before ending in September 2018.
It was directed by Kenichi Kawamura, who worked on the “Qualidea Code” anime and written by Jukki Hanada, the writer of the first Steins; Gate anime. Designing the characters was Tomoshige Inayoshi, the character designer behind the “Buddy Complex” anime. As for the music, there were three composers including Moe Hyūga, Nobuaki Nobusawa, and Takeshi Abo
The story of “Steins; Gate 0” takes place in the aftermath of Rintaro Okabe failing to save Kurisu Makise in the original “Steins; Gate” series. Though he managed to save the life of his best friend Mayuri, Kurisu’s trauma over the event pushes him to focus on forgetting the past and moving on with his life. However, he is constantly reminded by future freedom fighter Suzuha that their current world-line is set to be torn apart by a devastating Third World War, and all of the Future Gadget Lab members will be caught up in the struggle. Now Kurisu lies between the fork road of fighting once more or not.
The cast for the series included:
Asami Imai as Kurisu Makise
Kana Hanazawa as Mayuri Shiina
Mamoru Miyano as Rintarō Okabe
Ayano Yamamoto as Nae Tennōji
Halko Momoi as Faris Nyan-nyan
Hina Kino as Kaede Kurushima
Mariko Honda as Katsumi Nakase
Masaki Terasoma as Yûgo Tennôji
Maya Nishimura as Judy Reyes
Megumi Han as Kagari Shiina
Saori Goto as Moeka Kiryū
Sayuri Yahagi as Maho Hiyajō
Tomokazu Seki as Itaru Hashida
Yōji Ueda as Alexis Leskinen
Yu Kobayashi as Ruka Urushibara
Yukari Tamura as Suzuha Amane and Yuki Amane
Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation Mar 18, 9amMore yuri anime is on the way, it seems, as last Saturday it was announced that time-stopping yuri manga Fragtime will be getting an anime adaptation. The announcement was made in the website opened by publishing company Akira Shoten for the upcoming adaptation of the yuri series.
- Re:ZERO Releases New Visual for 2nd OVA “Frozen Bonds”, Fall Cinematic Release Set
- New Protagonist for Sega’s Yakuza Game Series Announced, New PS4 Game in the Works
- Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro Movie to Get a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Release
- 39th 'Doraemon' Anime Film Remains #1 at the Box Office!
- English Dub Trailer Released for 1st 'Made in Abyss' Compilation Film
- Black Clover and Osomatsu-San Announce Surprise Collaboration
- One Punch Man Season 2 Streams New PV, Previews New OP From JAM Project
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Announces 3rd Season
- Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation
- Fruits Basket Reboot Releases New Visual, Trailer for “1st Season”
- Jiyong to Join 2nd Live-Action ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Film Cast as Itori
- A Graphic Novel Adaptation of ‘Detective Pikachu’ will Also Be Released
- Universal Studios Japan Unveils New Chapter for the Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- Noitamina Block to Air Its First-Ever BL Anime, Given
- 'My Hero Academia' Manga Once Again Tops U.S. Monthly Bookscan List for February
- Visual Novel 'Clannad' is Heading to the Nintendo Switch on July 4
- Doraemon Remakes 1st TV Episode for Its 40th Anniversary
- Female Vocal Unit Kalafina Announces Disbandment