Coming January is a new original anime by Gaina titled “Hulaing Babies” and staff and cast details have been confirmed for the series.
The anime will be featuring a group of young girls as they take part in a hulaing club in their high school located in a sleepy hot springs town near Iwaki City in Fukushima Prefecture. While the club was initially formed on a whim by the girls, their idea takes a turn for the serious upon the arrival of a foreign exchange student from Finland.
The main cast for “Hulaing Babies” includes:
Haruka Yoshimura as Suzu.
Rikako Yamaguchi as Shina.
Suzuko Mimori as Mona.
Mikoi Sasaki as Fumi.
Sarah Emi Bridcutt as Nagisa.
Moe Toyota as Moe.
Miku Itō as Miku.
In addition to the main cast, the cast for the rival group, Hula Lion Girls were also introduced and includes from left to right:
Amami Kokumai as Rei
Non Harusaki as Natsu
Izumi Nanase as Saya
Maho Taiga as Emi
Arisa Hirose as Momo
Yukine Yaehata as Kii
Additional characters include Saeko Ueda as Chizu-sensei, Momoko Soyama as Migiwa, and Yurie Kobori as Ohara-sensei.
Directing the upcoming anime is Yoshinori Asao, the producer of “Magica Wars.” Ikoma will be working on the scripts and Ryōzō Ōminato, who worked on the in-between animation of the “Omoi no Kakera” special will be working on the character design. As for the music, it will be composed by F.M.F, a music producer of the “Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara” series.
Other staff members include:
Editor, director of photography: Takao Satou
3DCG: Akihiro Murase
Sound direction: Kisuke Koizumi
Sound production: JTB Next Creation
Animation production: Fukushima Gaina
Production: Hulaing Babies Production Committee
The schedule for the series debut is on January 10 and it will be premiering on TV Tokyo at 27:05 (effectively January 11 at 3:05 a.m.).
It was in 2016 that the anime was first announced by Fukushima Gainax at the “Magical Hawaiians” event in Iwaki in Fukushima prefecture. At the time, Fukushima Gainax president Yoshinori Asao said the goal was to revitalize Iwaki and its surrounding areas with the anime.
- 13 Manga Titles Nominated for 12th Manga Taisho Awards
- ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Makes it to #3 in the U.S. Weekend Box Office Earning $10.7 Million!
- U.S. Screening for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Earns Estimated USD$ 7 Million on Opening Day
- VIZ Media to Release ‘Dragon Ball: A Visual History’ Art Book in Fall 2019
- 2-Minute Ad Released for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’
- New ‘Fruits Basket’ Anime Adaptation to Release in April!
- ‘Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II. lost butterfly’ to Screen in U.S. Theaters on March 14!
- Visuals for Upcoming 23rd ‘Detective Conan’ Film Revealed!
- Season 2 of ‘Kakegurui’ to have a Total of 12 Episodes
- Five Anime Movies Nominated for the 42nd Japan Academy Prize
- Pre-order Bonuses Revealed in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Preview Videos!
- Latest ‘Love Live! Sunshine!!’ Movie Earns Almost 100 Million Yen in its First Three Days of Screening!
- Film Trailer for ‘Precure Miracle Universe’ Anime Film Released
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for a Month
- ‘Hunter X Hunter: The Last Mission’ Anime Film to Screen in U.S. Theaters on January 30
- Real Train Accident Footage Used in Live-Action ‘Death Note’ Netflix Film was Used Without Permission
- Creator of ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Teases a Character from His Mystery Project
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Dominates the U.S. Monthly Bookscan December List!