Coming January is a new original anime by Gaina titled “Hulaing Babies” and staff and cast details have been confirmed for the series.
The anime will be featuring a group of young girls as they take part in a hulaing club in their high school located in a sleepy hot springs town near Iwaki City in Fukushima Prefecture. While the club was initially formed on a whim by the girls, their idea takes a turn for the serious upon the arrival of a foreign exchange student from Finland.
The main cast for “Hulaing Babies” includes:
Haruka Yoshimura as Suzu.
Rikako Yamaguchi as Shina.
Suzuko Mimori as Mona.
Mikoi Sasaki as Fumi.
Sarah Emi Bridcutt as Nagisa.
Moe Toyota as Moe.
Miku Itō as Miku.
In addition to the main cast, the cast for the rival group, Hula Lion Girls were also introduced and includes from left to right:
Amami Kokumai as Rei
Non Harusaki as Natsu
Izumi Nanase as Saya
Maho Taiga as Emi
Arisa Hirose as Momo
Yukine Yaehata as Kii
Additional characters include Saeko Ueda as Chizu-sensei, Momoko Soyama as Migiwa, and Yurie Kobori as Ohara-sensei.
Directing the upcoming anime is Yoshinori Asao, the producer of “Magica Wars.” Ikoma will be working on the scripts and Ryōzō Ōminato, who worked on the in-between animation of the “Omoi no Kakera” special will be working on the character design. As for the music, it will be composed by F.M.F, a music producer of the “Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara” series.
Other staff members include:
Editor, director of photography: Takao Satou
3DCG: Akihiro Murase
Sound direction: Kisuke Koizumi
Sound production: JTB Next Creation
Animation production: Fukushima Gaina
Production: Hulaing Babies Production Committee
The schedule for the series debut is on January 10 and it will be premiering on TV Tokyo at 27:05 (effectively January 11 at 3:05 a.m.).
It was in 2016 that the anime was first announced by Fukushima Gainax at the “Magical Hawaiians” event in Iwaki in Fukushima prefecture. At the time, Fukushima Gainax president Yoshinori Asao said the goal was to revitalize Iwaki and its surrounding areas with the anime.
Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation Mar 18, 9amMore yuri anime is on the way, it seems, as last Saturday it was announced that time-stopping yuri manga Fragtime will be getting an anime adaptation. The announcement was made in the website opened by publishing company Akira Shoten for the upcoming adaptation of the yuri series.
- Re:ZERO Releases New Visual for 2nd OVA “Frozen Bonds”, Fall Cinematic Release Set
- New Protagonist for Sega’s Yakuza Game Series Announced, New PS4 Game in the Works
- Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro Movie to Get a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Release
- 39th 'Doraemon' Anime Film Remains #1 at the Box Office!
- English Dub Trailer Released for 1st 'Made in Abyss' Compilation Film
- Black Clover and Osomatsu-San Announce Surprise Collaboration
- One Punch Man Season 2 Streams New PV, Previews New OP From JAM Project
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Announces 3rd Season
- Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation
- Fruits Basket Reboot Releases New Visual, Trailer for “1st Season”
- Jiyong to Join 2nd Live-Action ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Film Cast as Itori
- A Graphic Novel Adaptation of ‘Detective Pikachu’ will Also Be Released
- Universal Studios Japan Unveils New Chapter for the Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- Noitamina Block to Air Its First-Ever BL Anime, Given
- 'My Hero Academia' Manga Once Again Tops U.S. Monthly Bookscan List for February
- Visual Novel 'Clannad' is Heading to the Nintendo Switch on July 4
- Doraemon Remakes 1st TV Episode for Its 40th Anniversary
- Female Vocal Unit Kalafina Announces Disbandment