Coming January is a new original anime by Gaina titled “Hulaing Babies” and staff and cast details have been confirmed for the series.
The anime will be featuring a group of young girls as they take part in a hulaing club in their high school located in a sleepy hot springs town near Iwaki City in Fukushima Prefecture. While the club was initially formed on a whim by the girls, their idea takes a turn for the serious upon the arrival of a foreign exchange student from Finland.
The main cast for “Hulaing Babies” includes:
Haruka Yoshimura as Suzu.
Rikako Yamaguchi as Shina.
Suzuko Mimori as Mona.
Mikoi Sasaki as Fumi.
Sarah Emi Bridcutt as Nagisa.
Moe Toyota as Moe.
Miku Itō as Miku.
In addition to the main cast, the cast for the rival group, Hula Lion Girls were also introduced and includes from left to right:
Amami Kokumai as Rei
Non Harusaki as Natsu
Izumi Nanase as Saya
Maho Taiga as Emi
Arisa Hirose as Momo
Yukine Yaehata as Kii
Additional characters include Saeko Ueda as Chizu-sensei, Momoko Soyama as Migiwa, and Yurie Kobori as Ohara-sensei.
Directing the upcoming anime is Yoshinori Asao, the producer of “Magica Wars.” Ikoma will be working on the scripts and Ryōzō Ōminato, who worked on the in-between animation of the “Omoi no Kakera” special will be working on the character design. As for the music, it will be composed by F.M.F, a music producer of the “Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara” series.
Other staff members include:
Editor, director of photography: Takao Satou
3DCG: Akihiro Murase
Sound direction: Kisuke Koizumi
Sound production: JTB Next Creation
Animation production: Fukushima Gaina
Production: Hulaing Babies Production Committee
The schedule for the series debut is on January 10 and it will be premiering on TV Tokyo at 27:05 (effectively January 11 at 3:05 a.m.).
It was in 2016 that the anime was first announced by Fukushima Gainax at the “Magical Hawaiians” event in Iwaki in Fukushima prefecture. At the time, Fukushima Gainax president Yoshinori Asao said the goal was to revitalize Iwaki and its surrounding areas with the anime.
- SOS Brigade from “Haruhi Suzumiya” Finally Reunite After 12 Years
- John Cho Appears to be Preparing for Spike Spiegel Role With New Hairdo
- Japanese VAs of Attack on Titan’s Eren Jaeger & K-On’s Azusa Nakano Announce Marriage
- Shoko Nakagawa to Perform New Ending Theme Song for ‘Pokémon Sun & Moon’ Anime
- ‘Prison Break’ TV Drama Series Gets Manga Adaptation
- First “Devil May Cry” Game to be Available on Switch Next Week
- New Cyborg 009 Manga to be Launched this July
- Square Enix Explains Reason for Downsizing of Tifa’s Chest in FFVII Remake
- “Himouto! Umaru-chan” VA Aimi Tanaka Reveals That She Underwent Surgery, Has Already Recovered
- Assassin’s Pride Anime Announces Main Cast, Staff
- New Captain Harlock Manga Launched, French Artist Jérôme Alquié Credited for Manga’s Art
- Season 4 Confirmed for “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma”
- Square Enix Confirms That Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Playable in the Play Station 5
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set