The popular video game Monster Hunter: World has won the Quadruple Platinum Prize in the recent PlayStation Awards 2018 in Japan. The awards ceremony happened via live-stream on Monday by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia. This has been an annual awards event for the company since 1995.
Monster Hunter: World bagged the Quadruple Platinum prize for the game has sold more than 4 million units (including downloads) in Asia alone. The game has also won the PlayStation Network Award for being one of the top three best-selling games in the PlayStation Network, (from October 2017 to September 30, 2018 release period) as well as the User’s Choice Award (from October 2017 to September 30, 2018 release period).
Last February, CAPCOM announced that the game has sold out over more than six million copies (both in physical and in digital) formats worldwide. This is so far the first game in the company’s history to have that total amount of copies sold in just a few weeks.
The Monster Hunter franchise began in 2004 and as of February 2018, more than 46 million copies of the games were sold from its first game until the recent.
Monster Hunter: World officially released worldwide on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on January 26. In its first three days, around 5 million copies have been shipped worldwide which officially sets a new record for the franchise.
Sony to Stop PS Vita Production SoonFeb 19, 10amThis year would probably be the beginning of a slow end for the PlayStation Vita as the production of the following unit models PCH-2000 ZA11 (Black) and PCH-2000 ZA23 (Aqua Blue) are scheduled to end production soon as Sony’s PlayStation’s official website states.
- Square Enix Announces New Smartphone Game “Last Idea”
- Kakegurui Live-Action Movie Releases New Trailer, Premiere Date
- New Fruits Basket Trailer Released in Japanese Dub, Justin Cook Returns as English VA of Hatsuharu
- Original animé Carole & Tuesday Reveals Full PV, Series to Stream Exclusively on Netflix
- New Trailer for 23rd 'Detective Conan' Film Features Theme Song by Hiroomi Tosaka
- Video Game 'SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy' is Heading to PC
- First Season Episodes of 'Attack on Titan' and 'My Hero Academia' are Removed from Crunchyroll
- Obito Uchiha is Featured in New 'Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker' Trailer
- Red Cross Japan Collaborates Anew with Cells at Work
- Princess Mononoke to Release a Collector’s Edition Set on May 14
- Aya Hirano is Coming to Quebec as Guest for Nadeshicon!
- The ‘Code Geass’ Recap Film Trilogy is Now Available for Digital Purchase!
- Sony to Stop PS Vita Production Soon
- Alita Creator Yukito Kishiro Praises Live-Action Adaptation of His Work as “The Greatest Movie in the World”
- FUNimation to Screen 1st Two Episodes of Fruits Basket Reboot in US Theaters
- Convention AnimeNEXT Announces MAPPA’s ‘Banana Fish’ Anime Staff as Guests
- Cardcaptor Sakura Launches Smartphone Game Based on Its Clear Card Arc
- Laura Bailey, Jerry Jewell Returns as Tohru & Kyo’s English Voice Actors for Fruits Basket Reboot