The upcoming “Detective Pokemon” film will be having a Japanese dub and playing the role of protagonist Tim Goodman is actor Ryōma Takeuchi. In addition to the announcement of the new cast member, it has been confirmed that the film would.
This will be Takeuchi’s first voice-acting role in a Japanese dub of a Western film. He is generally known as a Japanese actor and model who is affiliated with Horipro and began his career around 2013. In terms of voice acting, he has voiced Gou Asakura in “The Girl Who Leapt Through Time” and Hajime Mugino in “Kahogo no Kahoko.” Throughout his career though, he has become best known for playing Shinnosuke Tomari, the main character of the “Kamen Rider” series “Kamen Rider Drive.”
At the press event which revealed his new role, Justice Smith, who will play Tim, and Kathryn Newton, who will play Lucy, also appeared with the film’s director Rob Letterman. As for the release date of the film, it will open on May 10, 2019, in the United States while it has only been confirmed that it will be released in Japan in May 2019.
Based on the “Detective Pikachu” Nintendo 3DS game, the film started production in London in mid-January and will be distributed by Warner Bros. and TOHO in North America and Japan respectively.
Directing the film is Rob Letterman who will also be working on the screenplay along with Alex Hirsch and Nicole Perlman.
The cast of the film includes:
Justice Smith as Tim Goodman
Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu (voice)
Kathryn Newton as Lucy Stevens
Ken Watanabe as Detective Yoshida
Karan Soni as Jack
Omar Chaparro as Sebastian
Paul Kitson as Harry Goodman
Also included in the cast are Bill Nighy, Chris Geere, Suki Waterhouse, Rita Ora, and Omar Chaparro
The “Detective Pikachu” game was first released in Japan in 2016. It is an adventure game developed by Creatures Inc., published by The Pokémon Company, directed by Naoki Miyashita, and written by Tomokazu Ohara and Haruka Utsui. A spin-off game of the “Pokemon” franchise, the game features players taking control of Tim Goodman as he works together with Detective Pikachu to solve various mysteries. They mainly walk around scenes, find potential clues and question both people and Pokemon for new information.
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation