The upcoming “Detective Pokemon” film will be having a Japanese dub and playing the role of protagonist Tim Goodman is actor Ryōma Takeuchi. In addition to the announcement of the new cast member, it has been confirmed that the film would.
This will be Takeuchi’s first voice-acting role in a Japanese dub of a Western film. He is generally known as a Japanese actor and model who is affiliated with Horipro and began his career around 2013. In terms of voice acting, he has voiced Gou Asakura in “The Girl Who Leapt Through Time” and Hajime Mugino in “Kahogo no Kahoko.” Throughout his career though, he has become best known for playing Shinnosuke Tomari, the main character of the “Kamen Rider” series “Kamen Rider Drive.”
At the press event which revealed his new role, Justice Smith, who will play Tim, and Kathryn Newton, who will play Lucy, also appeared with the film’s director Rob Letterman. As for the release date of the film, it will open on May 10, 2019, in the United States while it has only been confirmed that it will be released in Japan in May 2019.
Based on the “Detective Pikachu” Nintendo 3DS game, the film started production in London in mid-January and will be distributed by Warner Bros. and TOHO in North America and Japan respectively.
Directing the film is Rob Letterman who will also be working on the screenplay along with Alex Hirsch and Nicole Perlman.
The cast of the film includes:
Justice Smith as Tim Goodman
Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu (voice)
Kathryn Newton as Lucy Stevens
Ken Watanabe as Detective Yoshida
Karan Soni as Jack
Omar Chaparro as Sebastian
Paul Kitson as Harry Goodman
Also included in the cast are Bill Nighy, Chris Geere, Suki Waterhouse, Rita Ora, and Omar Chaparro
The “Detective Pikachu” game was first released in Japan in 2016. It is an adventure game developed by Creatures Inc., published by The Pokémon Company, directed by Naoki Miyashita, and written by Tomokazu Ohara and Haruka Utsui. A spin-off game of the “Pokemon” franchise, the game features players taking control of Tim Goodman as he works together with Detective Pikachu to solve various mysteries. They mainly walk around scenes, find potential clues and question both people and Pokemon for new information.
Sony to Stop PS Vita Production SoonFeb 19, 10amThis year would probably be the beginning of a slow end for the PlayStation Vita as the production of the following unit models PCH-2000 ZA11 (Black) and PCH-2000 ZA23 (Aqua Blue) are scheduled to end production soon as Sony’s PlayStation’s official website states.
- New Fruits Basket Trailer Released in Japanese Dub, Justin Cook Returns as English VA of Hatsuharu
- Original animé Carole & Tuesday Reveals Full PV, Series to Stream Exclusively on Netflix
- New Trailer for 23rd 'Detective Conan' Film Features Theme Song by Hiroomi Tosaka
- Video Game 'SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy' is Heading to PC
- First Season Episodes of 'Attack on Titan' and 'My Hero Academia' are Removed from Crunchyroll
- Obito Uchiha is Featured in New 'Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker' Trailer
- Red Cross Japan Collaborates Anew with Cells at Work
- Princess Mononoke to Release a Collector’s Edition Set on May 14
- Aya Hirano is Coming to Quebec as Guest for Nadeshicon!
- The ‘Code Geass’ Recap Film Trilogy is Now Available for Digital Purchase!
- Sony to Stop PS Vita Production Soon
- Alita Creator Yukito Kishiro Praises Live-Action Adaptation of His Work as “The Greatest Movie in the World”
- FUNimation to Screen 1st Two Episodes of Fruits Basket Reboot in US Theaters
- Convention AnimeNEXT Announces MAPPA’s ‘Banana Fish’ Anime Staff as Guests
- Cardcaptor Sakura Launches Smartphone Game Based on Its Clear Card Arc
- Laura Bailey, Jerry Jewell Returns as Tohru & Kyo’s English Voice Actors for Fruits Basket Reboot
- ‘Attack on Titan’ Season 3, Part 2 to Premiere on April 28
- Madara Uchiha is 9th DLC Character for ‘Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker’ Video Game