The “Pastel Memories” smartphone game will be gaining a short mini-series manga adaptation by Kairaku Kano this December. Announced on the official website for Kadokawa’s Monthly Comic Alive magazine, the manga will be released in the magazine’s February 2019 issue on December 27.
No title has been confirmed yet for the work but it has been noted that the manga will have a color center page in the issue. Prior to the manga’s announcement it had been confirmed that the game would have an anime adaptation and it would make its debut on January 7.
Directing the anime is Yasuyuki Shinozaki, an episode director who worked on the “Sugar Sugar Rune” and “Shuffle!” series. He will be working at project No.9 with Tsuyoshi Tamai as the series composer. As for the character designs, it will be taken on by Shin’ya Segawa, who worked on “Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood” as a key animator.
The cast for the series includes:
Yumiri Hanamori as Nao Mejiro
Ai Yamamoto as Minami Senju
Chiaki Takahashi as Maya
Chitose Morinaga as Nejire-Usagi
Hiyori Nitta as Izumi Asagi
Kotori Koiwai as Saori Rokugou
Mariko Toribe as Ayaka Sakaki
Megumi Toda as Komachi Satonaka
Naomi Ōzora as Michi Edogawabashi
Rie Murakawa as Yuina Machiya
Yui Ogura as Chimari Maiko
Yukiyo Fujii as Kaoruko Nijouin
Yumi Uchiyama as Irina Leskova
Yurika Kubo as Rei Kurushima
An opening and ending theme has also been confirmed for the anime with Asami Imai performing the opening theme song “Believe in Sky,” and Iketeru Hearts performing the ending theme song “Sparkle☆Power.”
“Pastel Memories” is a role-playing video game developed by FuRyu. It was in Japan on October 23, 2017, for Android and iOS devices and is described as an “otaku girls” role-playing game. Set “a little bit in the future in 20XX”, the story tells of how the once “he otaku holy land” of Akihabara has reached a decline after otaku culture itself has declined.
The game sets the players as a manager who is in charge of the few remaining “otaku shops.” The goal of the game is “raise” various talented otaku girls, and together they battle a “virus” that is infecting the world of various works, while also retrieving people’s lost “memories.”
Sony to Stop PS Vita Production SoonFeb 19, 10amThis year would probably be the beginning of a slow end for the PlayStation Vita as the production of the following unit models PCH-2000 ZA11 (Black) and PCH-2000 ZA23 (Aqua Blue) are scheduled to end production soon as Sony’s PlayStation’s official website states.
- Kakegurui Live-Action Movie Releases New Trailer, Premiere Date
- New Fruits Basket Trailer Released in Japanese Dub, Justin Cook Returns as English VA of Hatsuharu
- Original animé Carole & Tuesday Reveals Full PV, Series to Stream Exclusively on Netflix
- New Trailer for 23rd 'Detective Conan' Film Features Theme Song by Hiroomi Tosaka
- Video Game 'SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy' is Heading to PC
- First Season Episodes of 'Attack on Titan' and 'My Hero Academia' are Removed from Crunchyroll
- Obito Uchiha is Featured in New 'Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker' Trailer
- Red Cross Japan Collaborates Anew with Cells at Work
- Princess Mononoke to Release a Collector’s Edition Set on May 14
- Aya Hirano is Coming to Quebec as Guest for Nadeshicon!
- The ‘Code Geass’ Recap Film Trilogy is Now Available for Digital Purchase!
- Sony to Stop PS Vita Production Soon
- Alita Creator Yukito Kishiro Praises Live-Action Adaptation of His Work as “The Greatest Movie in the World”
- FUNimation to Screen 1st Two Episodes of Fruits Basket Reboot in US Theaters
- Convention AnimeNEXT Announces MAPPA’s ‘Banana Fish’ Anime Staff as Guests
- Cardcaptor Sakura Launches Smartphone Game Based on Its Clear Card Arc
- Laura Bailey, Jerry Jewell Returns as Tohru & Kyo’s English Voice Actors for Fruits Basket Reboot
- ‘Attack on Titan’ Season 3, Part 2 to Premiere on April 28