The “Pastel Memories” smartphone game will be gaining a short mini-series manga adaptation by Kairaku Kano this December. Announced on the official website for Kadokawa’s Monthly Comic Alive magazine, the manga will be released in the magazine’s February 2019 issue on December 27.
No title has been confirmed yet for the work but it has been noted that the manga will have a color center page in the issue. Prior to the manga’s announcement it had been confirmed that the game would have an anime adaptation and it would make its debut on January 7.
Directing the anime is Yasuyuki Shinozaki, an episode director who worked on the “Sugar Sugar Rune” and “Shuffle!” series. He will be working at project No.9 with Tsuyoshi Tamai as the series composer. As for the character designs, it will be taken on by Shin’ya Segawa, who worked on “Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood” as a key animator.
The cast for the series includes:
Yumiri Hanamori as Nao Mejiro
Ai Yamamoto as Minami Senju
Chiaki Takahashi as Maya
Chitose Morinaga as Nejire-Usagi
Hiyori Nitta as Izumi Asagi
Kotori Koiwai as Saori Rokugou
Mariko Toribe as Ayaka Sakaki
Megumi Toda as Komachi Satonaka
Naomi Ōzora as Michi Edogawabashi
Rie Murakawa as Yuina Machiya
Yui Ogura as Chimari Maiko
Yukiyo Fujii as Kaoruko Nijouin
Yumi Uchiyama as Irina Leskova
Yurika Kubo as Rei Kurushima
An opening and ending theme has also been confirmed for the anime with Asami Imai performing the opening theme song “Believe in Sky,” and Iketeru Hearts performing the ending theme song “Sparkle☆Power.”
“Pastel Memories” is a role-playing video game developed by FuRyu. It was in Japan on October 23, 2017, for Android and iOS devices and is described as an “otaku girls” role-playing game. Set “a little bit in the future in 20XX”, the story tells of how the once “he otaku holy land” of Akihabara has reached a decline after otaku culture itself has declined.
The game sets the players as a manager who is in charge of the few remaining “otaku shops.” The goal of the game is “raise” various talented otaku girls, and together they battle a “virus” that is infecting the world of various works, while also retrieving people’s lost “memories.”
- Second of Four Teasers for Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Released
- GKIDS Acquires License for N. American Distribution of Makoto Shinkai’s “Weathering With You”
- You Can Now Stream These Awesome Anime Movies on FunimationNOW!
- Former Member of Idol Group KAT-TUN Junnosuke Taguchi Detained Over Marijuana Possession
- One Piece’s Zoro is a High Schooler in New “Hungry Days” Nissin Cup Noodles Ad
- Psychological Thriller Manga Happy Sugar Life to End in June
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles