The Campfire crowdfunding campaign for the Spice & Wolf VR anime was launched on Sunday by independent development circle Spicy Tails. Although the kickstarter campaign runs until January 12, it has already reached its goal of 8,000,000 yen (around $70,700 USD) in just two hours! It has raised more than 14,385,900 yen so far.
It was announced on the official Twitter account of the anime on Sunday that the Kickstarter campaign for outside of Japan will start “next week”.
Last November, Spicy Tails announced that they will be developing a virtual reality anime based on the popular Spice & Wolf novels by Isuna Hasekura. The VR anime will have English subtitles and Hasekura is confirmed to be writing a new scenario for this unique anime adaptation.
It slated to be released on the Oculus Rift, HTC VIVE, and other VR platforms in early 2019. For those who don’t have a VR headset, you don’t need to worry as the anime will also be viewable for the PC.
Both Holo and Kraft Lawrence will still be voiced by Ami Koshimizu and Jun Fukuyama respectively. The concept art (seen above) was provided by Yo Shimizu while Masatoshi Sekai designed the logo.
Spicy Tails was also responsible for the development of Project Lux which the story is also written by Hasekura. Sekai Project released the PC game with VR support on February 2 on the PC via Steam. It was also announced by Sekai Project back in December that Limited Run Games will also be releasing a physical version of the game.
- Second of Four Teasers for Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Released
- GKIDS Acquires License for N. American Distribution of Makoto Shinkai’s “Weathering With You”
- You Can Now Stream These Awesome Anime Movies on FunimationNOW!
- Former Member of Idol Group KAT-TUN Junnosuke Taguchi Detained Over Marijuana Possession
- One Piece’s Zoro is a High Schooler in New “Hungry Days” Nissin Cup Noodles Ad
- Psychological Thriller Manga Happy Sugar Life to End in June
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles