The Campfire crowdfunding campaign for the Spice & Wolf VR anime was launched on Sunday by independent development circle Spicy Tails. Although the kickstarter campaign runs until January 12, it has already reached its goal of 8,000,000 yen (around $70,700 USD) in just two hours! It has raised more than 14,385,900 yen so far.
It was announced on the official Twitter account of the anime on Sunday that the Kickstarter campaign for outside of Japan will start “next week”.
Last November, Spicy Tails announced that they will be developing a virtual reality anime based on the popular Spice & Wolf novels by Isuna Hasekura. The VR anime will have English subtitles and Hasekura is confirmed to be writing a new scenario for this unique anime adaptation.
It slated to be released on the Oculus Rift, HTC VIVE, and other VR platforms in early 2019. For those who don’t have a VR headset, you don’t need to worry as the anime will also be viewable for the PC.
Both Holo and Kraft Lawrence will still be voiced by Ami Koshimizu and Jun Fukuyama respectively. The concept art (seen above) was provided by Yo Shimizu while Masatoshi Sekai designed the logo.
Spicy Tails was also responsible for the development of Project Lux which the story is also written by Hasekura. Sekai Project released the PC game with VR support on February 2 on the PC via Steam. It was also announced by Sekai Project back in December that Limited Run Games will also be releasing a physical version of the game.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
Sony to Stop PS Vita Production SoonFeb 19, 10amThis year would probably be the beginning of a slow end for the PlayStation Vita as the production of the following unit models PCH-2000 ZA11 (Black) and PCH-2000 ZA23 (Aqua Blue) are scheduled to end production soon as Sony’s PlayStation’s official website states.
- Red Cross Japan Collaborates Anew with Cells at Work
- Princess Mononoke to Release a Collector’s Edition Set on May 14
- Aya Hirano is Coming to Quebec as Guest for Nadeshicon!
- The ‘Code Geass’ Recap Film Trilogy is Now Available for Digital Purchase!
- Sony to Stop PS Vita Production Soon
- Alita Creator Yukito Kishiro Praises Live-Action Adaptation of His Work as “The Greatest Movie in the World”
- FUNimation to Screen 1st Two Episodes of Fruits Basket Reboot in US Theaters
- Convention AnimeNEXT Announces MAPPA’s ‘Banana Fish’ Anime Staff as Guests
- Cardcaptor Sakura Launches Smartphone Game Based on Its Clear Card Arc
- Laura Bailey, Jerry Jewell Returns as Tohru & Kyo’s English Voice Actors for Fruits Basket Reboot
- ‘Attack on Titan’ Season 3, Part 2 to Premiere on April 28
- Madara Uchiha is 9th DLC Character for ‘Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker’ Video Game
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series