It was back in April 2017 that the “Girlish Number Shura” anime adaptation was confirmed. However, as of today, TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System), animation studio Diomedéa, and the Girlish Number production committee has announced the plans for the series canceled.
According to the announcement made on the official homepage for the “Girlish Number” TV anime, this was due to an inability to secure production staff and concerns about scheduling and quality. In addition to the announcement, an apology was also posted for the fans that have been waiting for the anime.
It was meant to be an adaptation of the spinoff manga of the same name based on Wataru Watari and artist QP:flapper’s “Girlish Number” work. The “Girlish Number Shura” manga was released in August 2016 and is serialized on the Dengeki G’s Magazine.com website. It is a 4-panel spin-off work that features artwork by Shin Ikezawa and Yuu Tsurusaki. In addition to the online serialization, the series also has a printed form from Dengeki Comics, a division of ASCII Media Works.
“Girlish Number” is a Japanese multimedia project that began with a serial novel written by Wataru Watari, with illustrations by QP:flapper and Yamcha which was launched in the March 2016 issue of ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki G’s Magazine. Following after this was a manga adaptation in April 2016 then came the anime adaptation in October 2016.
The story of the series tells of Chitose Karasuma, a college student who is determined not to do boring things as she enters the adult world. Because of this, she takes a chance by entering a facility that trains would-be voice actors and actresses and ends up landing a job at “Number One Produce,” a seiyuu agency managed by her older brother, Gojo.
While she initially believes that this is her big break, she soon finds that is not the case given how she’s only gotten minor roles so far. In the midst of her clashing with other girls in the agency though, Chitose is about to learn that there’s more to succeeding in this competitive industry than she imagined.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- Second of Four Teasers for Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Released
- GKIDS Acquires License for N. American Distribution of Makoto Shinkai’s “Weathering With You”
- You Can Now Stream These Awesome Anime Movies on FunimationNOW!
- Former Member of Idol Group KAT-TUN Junnosuke Taguchi Detained Over Marijuana Possession
- One Piece’s Zoro is a High Schooler in New “Hungry Days” Nissin Cup Noodles Ad
- Psychological Thriller Manga Happy Sugar Life to End in June
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles