It was back in April 2017 that the “Girlish Number Shura” anime adaptation was confirmed. However, as of today, TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System), animation studio Diomedéa, and the Girlish Number production committee has announced the plans for the series canceled.
According to the announcement made on the official homepage for the “Girlish Number” TV anime, this was due to an inability to secure production staff and concerns about scheduling and quality. In addition to the announcement, an apology was also posted for the fans that have been waiting for the anime.
It was meant to be an adaptation of the spinoff manga of the same name based on Wataru Watari and artist QP:flapper’s “Girlish Number” work. The “Girlish Number Shura” manga was released in August 2016 and is serialized on the Dengeki G’s Magazine.com website. It is a 4-panel spin-off work that features artwork by Shin Ikezawa and Yuu Tsurusaki. In addition to the online serialization, the series also has a printed form from Dengeki Comics, a division of ASCII Media Works.
“Girlish Number” is a Japanese multimedia project that began with a serial novel written by Wataru Watari, with illustrations by QP:flapper and Yamcha which was launched in the March 2016 issue of ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki G’s Magazine. Following after this was a manga adaptation in April 2016 then came the anime adaptation in October 2016.
The story of the series tells of Chitose Karasuma, a college student who is determined not to do boring things as she enters the adult world. Because of this, she takes a chance by entering a facility that trains would-be voice actors and actresses and ends up landing a job at “Number One Produce,” a seiyuu agency managed by her older brother, Gojo.
While she initially believes that this is her big break, she soon finds that is not the case given how she’s only gotten minor roles so far. In the midst of her clashing with other girls in the agency though, Chitose is about to learn that there’s more to succeeding in this competitive industry than she imagined.
Source: Crunchyroll News
See also: Top 5 Manga to Check Out This Week
What We See so Far - "Heaven's Design Team"Dec 1, 10amSynopsis In this world, new and different animals are created by Heaven's Animal Design Department. Similar to working on commissions, these angels/designers spend their days coming up with new animal designs while contending with the unreasonable requests of their client: God.
General Impression: "Jingai-san no Yome"Nov 25, 9pmSynopsis High school student Tomari Hinowa was just a normal kid. That is until he is told one day that he is to become the wife of a mysterious creature called Kanenogi. Thus begins Tomari’s new life as a married student while trying to learn more about his mysterious partner.
- ‘Hypnosis Microphone’ is the Most Popular Voice Actor Account in Twitter Japan
- English Cast Announced for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Anime Film
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Wins in PlayStation Awards 2018
- Cardcaptor Sakura and The Girl in Twilight Enter a Collaboration
- A Kemono Friends Credit Card is Now Offered by VISA
- What We See so Far - "Heaven's Design Team"
- What We see so Far - "They Say I Was Born a King's Daughter"
- Ryōma Takeuchi Stars in the Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Live-Action Film's Japanese Dub
- Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! Receives a Collaboration Cafe
- A Light Novel Recommendation: "Tensei Shitanode Tsugi Koso wa Shiawasena Jinsei wo Tsukande Misemashou"
- Pop Team Epic Takes on Smart Phone Gacha Gaming
- Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File Reveals a New Visual and Cast Member
- Pastel Memories Gains a Manga Adaptation Coming December
- Netflix Announces Live-Action ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Series in the Works
- New ‘Jump Force’ Game Trailer Features Kenshin and Shishio from ‘Rurouni Kenshin’!
- Deku Midoriya’s Popularity Drops in Recent ‘My Hero Academia’ Poll
- ‘A Silent Voice’ Anime Film to Rescreen in January
- Crowdfunding for ‘Spice & Wolf’ VR Anime Hits Goal in just 2 Hours