New cast members and the official theme songs for the “Dōkyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue”(My Housemate Is on My Lap, But Sometimes on My Head) anime have been revealed.
The additional cast members include:
Hiro Shimono as Atsushi Kawase
Shun Horie as Hiroto Yasaka
Chika Anzai as Nana Ōkami
Yoshiki Nakajima as Yūgo Ōkami
Ayumu Murase as Hachi
Kenjiro Tsuda as Roku
Prior to this the cast comprised of the main leads. Voicing the reclusive novelist Subaru Mikazuki is Kensho Ono, a voice actor known for playing the role of Kuroko Tetsuya in “Kuroko’s Basketball.”
Haruka Yamazaki, the voice actress of Tomoyo Kanzaki in “When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace,” will be playing the role of the former street cat Haru.
With the theme songs, the opening is titled “Unknown World,” and will be performed by Iori Kanzaki’s musical unit Schrödinger’s Cat adding kotringo. And performing the ending theme song “Kimi no Tonari Watashi no Basho” (My Place Next to You) is Yoshino Nanjō.
“Dōkyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue” takes focus on a socially awkward novelist named Subaru Mikazuki. One day he finds a stray cat and decides that he has found his next inspiration and takes them home. Thus begins the tale of a reclusive young man who finds the joys of being a cat owner. As with the manga, each episode of the anime will have both a “Subaru” and “Haru” chapter that will tackle the story from the point of view of both characters.
The series is set for January and will be aired on Tokyo MX, AT-X, ABC TV, and BS11. Directing the anime is Kaoru Suzuki, an episode director of the “Hellsing” series. He will be working at Zero-G with Deko Akao, the writer behind the “Flying Witch” anime as the series composer. Working on the character designs of the series is Masaru Kitao, an artist known for having worked on the “Death Note” series. As for the music, it will be composed by Kotoringo.
The manga which the series is based on was written by Minatsuki and illustrated by As Futatsuya. It was first published a one-shot manga Comic Polaris in October 2014, before turning into a serialized manga in June 2015. Currently, it will be having its fourth volume released on January 24.
- U.S. Screening for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Earns Estimated USD$ 7 Million on Opening Day
- VIZ Media to Release ‘Dragon Ball: A Visual History’ Art Book in Fall 2019
- 2-Minute Ad Released for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’
- New ‘Fruits Basket’ Anime Adaptation to Release in April!
- ‘Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II. lost butterfly’ to Screen in U.S. Theaters on March 14!
- Visuals for Upcoming 23rd ‘Detective Conan’ Film Revealed!
- Season 2 of ‘Kakegurui’ to have a Total of 12 Episodes
- Five Anime Movies Nominated for the 42nd Japan Academy Prize
- Pre-order Bonuses Revealed in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Preview Videos!
- Latest ‘Love Live! Sunshine!!’ Movie Earns Almost 100 Million Yen in its First Three Days of Screening!
- Film Trailer for ‘Precure Miracle Universe’ Anime Film Released
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for a Month
- ‘Hunter X Hunter: The Last Mission’ Anime Film to Screen in U.S. Theaters on January 30
- Real Train Accident Footage Used in Live-Action ‘Death Note’ Netflix Film was Used Without Permission
- Creator of ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Teases a Character from His Mystery Project
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Dominates the U.S. Monthly Bookscan December List!
- ‘Naruto Shinden’ Novel Confirmed for Anime Adaptation to Air in February!
- Netflix to Stream ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ and ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Anime Films!