It’s been confirmed, the “Eiga no Osomatsu-san” anime film will be premiering on March 15. Announced via the official website for the film, new teasers were also released along with the trailer confirming the release date.
The film will be worked on by returning staff members including director Yoichi Fujita, scriptwriter Shū Matsubara, character designer Naoyuki Asano. Studio Pierrot will once again produce for the “Osomatsu-san” work and the film will be distributed by Shochiku.
The story of the film takes focus on the sextuplets at a high school class reunion. With the thought of seeing ee all their former classmates who have become “proper” adults with company jobs, the sextuplets sulk about this and go home and drink until they fall asleep. When they wake up, however, a certain scene awaits them,
Like with the staff, there will be returning cast members. The cast of the series include:
Takahiro Sakurai as Osomatsu
Yūichi Nakamura as Karamatsu
Hiroshi Kamiya as Choromatsu
Jun Fukuyama as Ichimatsu
Daisuke Ono as Jūshimatsu
Miyu Irino as Todomatsu
Aya Endo as Totoko
Kazuhiko Inoue as Matsuzō Matsuno
Kenichi Suzumura as Iyami
Kujira as Matsuyo Matsuno
Momoko Saito as Hatabō
Nobuo Tobita as Dayōn
Sachi Kokuryu as Chibita
Yōji Ueda as Dekapan
“Osomatsu-san” is a comedy anime based on Fujio Akatsuka’s 1962 manga series, “Osomatsu-kun” and was released in 2015. The series was in celebration of Akatsuka’s eightieth birthday and spanned a total of two seasons. The first season made its debut between October 2015 and March 2016 and had a total of 25 episodes with a special episode having aired in December 2016. The second season of the series ran between October 2017 and March 2018 and also had a total of 25 episodes. In comparison to the original series, it features more adult-oriented humor.
With the “Osomatsu-kun” series, it told of the daily adventures of the Matsuno brothers; Osomatsu, Karamatsu, Choromatsu, Ichimatsu, Jyushimatsu, and Todomatsu, who are all identical sextuplets who cause mischief as children. The “Osomatsu-san” series jumps years later with the sextuplets having grown up into lazy NEETs and each having a distinct personality as they go through their daily lives with different crazy adventures.
- U.S. Screening for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Earns Estimated USD$ 7 Million on Opening Day
- VIZ Media to Release ‘Dragon Ball: A Visual History’ Art Book in Fall 2019
- 2-Minute Ad Released for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’
- New ‘Fruits Basket’ Anime Adaptation to Release in April!
- ‘Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II. lost butterfly’ to Screen in U.S. Theaters on March 14!
- Visuals for Upcoming 23rd ‘Detective Conan’ Film Revealed!
- Season 2 of ‘Kakegurui’ to have a Total of 12 Episodes
- Five Anime Movies Nominated for the 42nd Japan Academy Prize
- Pre-order Bonuses Revealed in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Preview Videos!
- Latest ‘Love Live! Sunshine!!’ Movie Earns Almost 100 Million Yen in its First Three Days of Screening!
- Film Trailer for ‘Precure Miracle Universe’ Anime Film Released
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for a Month
- ‘Hunter X Hunter: The Last Mission’ Anime Film to Screen in U.S. Theaters on January 30
- Real Train Accident Footage Used in Live-Action ‘Death Note’ Netflix Film was Used Without Permission
- Creator of ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Teases a Character from His Mystery Project
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Dominates the U.S. Monthly Bookscan December List!
- ‘Naruto Shinden’ Novel Confirmed for Anime Adaptation to Air in February!
- Netflix to Stream ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ and ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Anime Films!