One would think that life as a bookstore employee would be highly boring. That is not the case with a skeleton employee named Honda. Each day he faces all kinds of colorful customers and his job is far from boring
It’s a series that seems silly on the surface but does give a good amount of laughs and clear care for the concept. Clearly, the whole masks and skeleton thing is a matter for visuals and it does do well in giving the anime a unique look along with its general style. In addition, the general tone of the anime is something different and really draws in the viewer. Personally, the whole idea of the anime being something that features the passion of reading and the colorfulness of different characters makes for an anime with great potential for enjoyment.
As a mostly comedic anime, there isn’t any prominent flaws but rather certain points that miss the mark. The first thing that stood out was that it got a little heavy-handed with the enthusiasm of the customers and Honda panicking in trying to assist them. The way it happened more than once could turn in a repetitive point for the series. Other than this, there isn’t any real issue to be found with the first episode given the simplicity of its presentation for the most part.
Reading the premise, you would think that the series is simply a comedic work that focuses on the life of a bookstore employee with unique looks. It’s a fun little work that brings out its concept with colorful characters and a solid comedic delivery. It’s unique in that there are no tropes or cliches to be found with the story of characters. In addition, it seems to use Honda more as a character that informs the viewer and brings up the other characters rather than being the main protagonist. Basically, he’s not necessarily the main focus of the series but rather a figure on whose perspective the viewer is seeing through. It’s a different sort of series that so far has a minor miss point and a large potential for an enjoyably different comedy.
3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"Nov 4, 11amSynopsis A shoujo loving girl named Yuu awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes. However, upon being confessed to by a junior high classmate, she finds herself feeling nothing.
First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"Nov 5, 12pmSynopsis This is a tale that takes on the combat sport of sumo and stars a "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru. He has entered into Oodachi High School and aims to join the sumo club though it has gained a weak reputation.
A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"Nov 4, 6amSynopsis Hinata, a young boy who likes drawing, finds himself falling in love with his classmate Shigure. The problem, however, is that Hinata has trouble talking to other people and resigns himself to his drawings and imagination.
- Marvel Co-Creator and Comic Book Icon Stan Lee Passes Away
- Winnie-the-Pooh World to Return in ‘Kingdom Hearts III’!
- New Anime Adaptation for ‘Fruits Basket’ Manga is Confirmed!
- New ‘Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!’ Video Features Elite Four and Gym Leaders!
- ‘Lu Over the Wall’ Anime Film to Release on Home Video
- Naruto/Boruto Attraction to Open in ‘Nijigen no Mori’ Theme Park In April!
- More Photos Emerged on the Filming of Upcoming ‘Monster Hunter’ Live-Action Film
- First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"
- Umamusume: Pretty Derby TV Anime Returns with a Special Home Video
- ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Releases New Video Featuring ‘Tangled’ Movie’s ‘Kingdom of Corona’ World
- Ryoko Gi and Takeshi Kusao will be Part of the ‘Black Clover’ Anime Cast!
- Gunjō no Magmell Cast Kengo Kawanishia and M.A.O as Main Characters
- 3 Episode Impression: "Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken"
- 3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"
- A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"
- Tatsunoko's The Price of Smiles Anime is Listed for 12 Episodes
- A New PV Reveals More Details for Kunihiko Ikuhara's Sarazanmai Anime
- An Okay but Cute Family Romance Story: "Mikakunin de Shinkoukei"