The second chapter of the “Kimi ni Todoke” spinoff manga has just been released in the November issue of Shueisha’s Bessatsu Margaret and already a third spinoff chapter is confirmed for the magazine’s April 2019 issue on March 13, 2019.
The first chapter of the spinoff was release in this year’s May issue of the magazine which was launched on April 13. The chapter spanned a total of 50-pages and told the story of Kazehaya and Sawako’s long-distance relationship while Kazehaya is at college.
“Kimi no Todoke” first began in 2005 as a shōjo romance manga by Karuho Shiina. Published by Shueisha in Bessatsu Margaret, the series had a total of 30 volumes released before ending in November 2017. During its run, the manga gained the Best Shōjo Manga award in the 32nd Annual Kodansha Manga Award which was held in 2008. During the same year, the series was nominated for the first Manga Taisho awards.
In the course of the series’ run, it has gained two light novel series and were released by Shueisha. The first is under their Cobalt imprint and has a total of 15 volumes released since its publication in August 2007 and is written by Kanae Shimokawa. As for the Mirai Bunko version, it was published in March 2011 and has 13 volumes released.
It was in October 2009 that the anime adaptation of the series made its debut. Produced by Production I.G., the series ran for a total of 25 episodes before ending in March 2010. The series was directed and written by Hiro Kaburagi, the director behind the “My Little Monster” anime.
“Kimi ni Todoke,” tells the story of a misunderstood high school girl named Kuronuma Sawako. While sweet with a timid demeanor, due to her resemblance to the ghost girl from “The Ring,” she is often mistaken for having malicious behavior. This results in her not only receiving the nickname “Sadako”, but also being isolated from her classmates.
Longing to make friends and live a normal life, she is naturally drawn to Kazehaya Shouta, the most popular guy in class. With his “100% refreshing” personality Sawako forms a great admiration for him. As such, when he begins talking to her, her wish for friends may not be far off; there may be even more for her in the future.
- U.S. Screening for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Earns Estimated USD$ 7 Million on Opening Day
- VIZ Media to Release ‘Dragon Ball: A Visual History’ Art Book in Fall 2019
- 2-Minute Ad Released for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’
- New ‘Fruits Basket’ Anime Adaptation to Release in April!
- ‘Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II. lost butterfly’ to Screen in U.S. Theaters on March 14!
- Visuals for Upcoming 23rd ‘Detective Conan’ Film Revealed!
- Season 2 of ‘Kakegurui’ to have a Total of 12 Episodes
- Five Anime Movies Nominated for the 42nd Japan Academy Prize
- Pre-order Bonuses Revealed in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Preview Videos!
- Latest ‘Love Live! Sunshine!!’ Movie Earns Almost 100 Million Yen in its First Three Days of Screening!
- Film Trailer for ‘Precure Miracle Universe’ Anime Film Released
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for a Month
- ‘Hunter X Hunter: The Last Mission’ Anime Film to Screen in U.S. Theaters on January 30
- Real Train Accident Footage Used in Live-Action ‘Death Note’ Netflix Film was Used Without Permission
- Creator of ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Teases a Character from His Mystery Project
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Dominates the U.S. Monthly Bookscan December List!
- ‘Naruto Shinden’ Novel Confirmed for Anime Adaptation to Air in February!
- Netflix to Stream ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ and ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Anime Films!