The second chapter of the “Kimi ni Todoke” spinoff manga has just been released in the November issue of Shueisha’s Bessatsu Margaret and already a third spinoff chapter is confirmed for the magazine’s April 2019 issue on March 13, 2019.
The first chapter of the spinoff was release in this year’s May issue of the magazine which was launched on April 13. The chapter spanned a total of 50-pages and told the story of Kazehaya and Sawako’s long-distance relationship while Kazehaya is at college.
“Kimi no Todoke” first began in 2005 as a shōjo romance manga by Karuho Shiina. Published by Shueisha in Bessatsu Margaret, the series had a total of 30 volumes released before ending in November 2017. During its run, the manga gained the Best Shōjo Manga award in the 32nd Annual Kodansha Manga Award which was held in 2008. During the same year, the series was nominated for the first Manga Taisho awards.
In the course of the series’ run, it has gained two light novel series and were released by Shueisha. The first is under their Cobalt imprint and has a total of 15 volumes released since its publication in August 2007 and is written by Kanae Shimokawa. As for the Mirai Bunko version, it was published in March 2011 and has 13 volumes released.
It was in October 2009 that the anime adaptation of the series made its debut. Produced by Production I.G., the series ran for a total of 25 episodes before ending in March 2010. The series was directed and written by Hiro Kaburagi, the director behind the “My Little Monster” anime.
“Kimi ni Todoke,” tells the story of a misunderstood high school girl named Kuronuma Sawako. While sweet with a timid demeanor, due to her resemblance to the ghost girl from “The Ring,” she is often mistaken for having malicious behavior. This results in her not only receiving the nickname “Sadako”, but also being isolated from her classmates.
Longing to make friends and live a normal life, she is naturally drawn to Kazehaya Shouta, the most popular guy in class. With his “100% refreshing” personality Sawako forms a great admiration for him. As such, when he begins talking to her, her wish for friends may not be far off; there may be even more for her in the future.
3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"Nov 4, 11amSynopsis A shoujo loving girl named Yuu awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes. However, upon being confessed to by a junior high classmate, she finds herself feeling nothing.
First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"Nov 5, 12pmSynopsis This is a tale that takes on the combat sport of sumo and stars a "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru. He has entered into Oodachi High School and aims to join the sumo club though it has gained a weak reputation.
A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"Nov 4, 6amSynopsis Hinata, a young boy who likes drawing, finds himself falling in love with his classmate Shigure. The problem, however, is that Hinata has trouble talking to other people and resigns himself to his drawings and imagination.
- Marvel Co-Creator and Comic Book Icon Stan Lee Passes Away
- Winnie-the-Pooh World to Return in ‘Kingdom Hearts III’!
- New Anime Adaptation for ‘Fruits Basket’ Manga is Confirmed!
- New ‘Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!’ Video Features Elite Four and Gym Leaders!
- ‘Lu Over the Wall’ Anime Film to Release on Home Video
- Naruto/Boruto Attraction to Open in ‘Nijigen no Mori’ Theme Park In April!
- More Photos Emerged on the Filming of Upcoming ‘Monster Hunter’ Live-Action Film
- First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"
- Umamusume: Pretty Derby TV Anime Returns with a Special Home Video
- ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Releases New Video Featuring ‘Tangled’ Movie’s ‘Kingdom of Corona’ World
- Ryoko Gi and Takeshi Kusao will be Part of the ‘Black Clover’ Anime Cast!
- Gunjō no Magmell Cast Kengo Kawanishia and M.A.O as Main Characters
- 3 Episode Impression: "Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken"
- 3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"
- A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"
- Tatsunoko's The Price of Smiles Anime is Listed for 12 Episodes
- A New PV Reveals More Details for Kunihiko Ikuhara's Sarazanmai Anime
- An Okay but Cute Family Romance Story: "Mikakunin de Shinkoukei"