The second chapter of the “Kimi ni Todoke” spinoff manga has just been released in the November issue of Shueisha’s Bessatsu Margaret and already a third spinoff chapter is confirmed for the magazine’s April 2019 issue on March 13, 2019.
The first chapter of the spinoff was release in this year’s May issue of the magazine which was launched on April 13. The chapter spanned a total of 50-pages and told the story of Kazehaya and Sawako’s long-distance relationship while Kazehaya is at college.
“Kimi no Todoke” first began in 2005 as a shōjo romance manga by Karuho Shiina. Published by Shueisha in Bessatsu Margaret, the series had a total of 30 volumes released before ending in November 2017. During its run, the manga gained the Best Shōjo Manga award in the 32nd Annual Kodansha Manga Award which was held in 2008. During the same year, the series was nominated for the first Manga Taisho awards.
In the course of the series’ run, it has gained two light novel series and were released by Shueisha. The first is under their Cobalt imprint and has a total of 15 volumes released since its publication in August 2007 and is written by Kanae Shimokawa. As for the Mirai Bunko version, it was published in March 2011 and has 13 volumes released.
It was in October 2009 that the anime adaptation of the series made its debut. Produced by Production I.G., the series ran for a total of 25 episodes before ending in March 2010. The series was directed and written by Hiro Kaburagi, the director behind the “My Little Monster” anime.
“Kimi ni Todoke,” tells the story of a misunderstood high school girl named Kuronuma Sawako. While sweet with a timid demeanor, due to her resemblance to the ghost girl from “The Ring,” she is often mistaken for having malicious behavior. This results in her not only receiving the nickname “Sadako”, but also being isolated from her classmates.
Longing to make friends and live a normal life, she is naturally drawn to Kazehaya Shouta, the most popular guy in class. With his “100% refreshing” personality Sawako forms a great admiration for him. As such, when he begins talking to her, her wish for friends may not be far off; there may be even more for her in the future.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
- Sound! Euphonium Movie Releases New Highlight Trailer
- Fresh Details, Trailer Revealed for Persona 5 The Royal
- ‘Doraemon: Story of Seasons’ Video Game to be Released This Fall!
- Crunchyroll Adds ‘The Helpful Fox Senko-san’ Anime to Streaming Library
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Previews DLC Character ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’
- Hit Yuri Manga Series “Bloom Into You” to End with 8th Volume on November 2019
- Anime Film Adaptation of Mobile Game “The Alchemist Code” Releases New Trailer
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV