It was last month that the first PV for the second season of “Fukigen na Mononokean/The Morose Mononokean” was shown and now the official website of the series has confirmed a January 2019 premiere for the new season along with the new title “Fukigen na Mononokean: Tsuzuki.”
For the second season, Itsuro Kawasaki, a director who worked on the “Magical Girl Ore” series will be replacing Akira Iwanaga as director. Another staff member being replaced is character designer Atsuko Kageyama. Taking his place is Mizuki Aoba, the artist behind the “Sōryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni…” characters. Returning as the series composer is Takao Yoshioka.
Also returning for the new season are cast members Yuki Kaji and Tomoaki Maeno as Hanae Ashiya and Haruitsuki Abeno respectively. While the old cast is confirmed, new cast members have been confirmed as well. Playing the roles of Shihou and Gyousei are Hiro Shimono and Kouji Yusa.
It was in September 2013 that “The Morose Mononokean” made its debut as a manga series written and illustrated by Kiri Wazawa. Serialized in Gangan Online, the series currently runs with 11 volumes released. The anime adaptation of the series came about in June 2016 under the production of Pierrot+. It ran for a total of 13 episodes before ending in September 2016.
The story of the series tells of a high school boy named Hanae Ashiya. He had been about to start his high school career, but instead, he ends up spending his first week in the infirmary. Even after leaving the infirmary, his condition seems to continue to worsen. What he’s unaware of is that his condition is in fact due to a youkai having attached to him. One day he comes across a flyer advertising an exorcist who expels youkai. Desperate and with nothing left to lose, he calls the number and is led to the Mononokean, a tea room which suddenly appears next to the infirmary.
It is there that he meets the morose-sounding man, Haruitsuki Abeno. While initially reluctant to help Ashiya, Abeno agrees on the condition of receiving payment afterward. However, Hanae discovers to his dismay that he is unable to afford the fee. As such he not only ends up becoming an employee at the Mononokean but he discovers that his new boss is, in fact, one of his classmates. Now of Hanae ever hopes to settle his debt, he must work together with Abeno to guide a variety of dangerous, strange, and interesting youkai back to the Underworld.
Source: Crunchyroll News
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
- Sound! Euphonium Movie Releases New Highlight Trailer
- Fresh Details, Trailer Revealed for Persona 5 The Royal
- ‘Doraemon: Story of Seasons’ Video Game to be Released This Fall!
- Crunchyroll Adds ‘The Helpful Fox Senko-san’ Anime to Streaming Library
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Previews DLC Character ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’
- Hit Yuri Manga Series “Bloom Into You” to End with 8th Volume on November 2019
- Anime Film Adaptation of Mobile Game “The Alchemist Code” Releases New Trailer
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV