It was last month that the first PV for the second season of “Fukigen na Mononokean/The Morose Mononokean” was shown and now the official website of the series has confirmed a January 2019 premiere for the new season along with the new title “Fukigen na Mononokean: Tsuzuki.”
For the second season, Itsuro Kawasaki, a director who worked on the “Magical Girl Ore” series will be replacing Akira Iwanaga as director. Another staff member being replaced is character designer Atsuko Kageyama. Taking his place is Mizuki Aoba, the artist behind the “Sōryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni…” characters. Returning as the series composer is Takao Yoshioka.
Also returning for the new season are cast members Yuki Kaji and Tomoaki Maeno as Hanae Ashiya and Haruitsuki Abeno respectively. While the old cast is confirmed, new cast members have been confirmed as well. Playing the roles of Shihou and Gyousei are Hiro Shimono and Kouji Yusa.
It was in September 2013 that “The Morose Mononokean” made its debut as a manga series written and illustrated by Kiri Wazawa. Serialized in Gangan Online, the series currently runs with 11 volumes released. The anime adaptation of the series came about in June 2016 under the production of Pierrot+. It ran for a total of 13 episodes before ending in September 2016.
The story of the series tells of a high school boy named Hanae Ashiya. He had been about to start his high school career, but instead, he ends up spending his first week in the infirmary. Even after leaving the infirmary, his condition seems to continue to worsen. What he’s unaware of is that his condition is in fact due to a youkai having attached to him. One day he comes across a flyer advertising an exorcist who expels youkai. Desperate and with nothing left to lose, he calls the number and is led to the Mononokean, a tea room which suddenly appears next to the infirmary.
It is there that he meets the morose-sounding man, Haruitsuki Abeno. While initially reluctant to help Ashiya, Abeno agrees on the condition of receiving payment afterward. However, Hanae discovers to his dismay that he is unable to afford the fee. As such he not only ends up becoming an employee at the Mononokean but he discovers that his new boss is, in fact, one of his classmates. Now of Hanae ever hopes to settle his debt, he must work together with Abeno to guide a variety of dangerous, strange, and interesting youkai back to the Underworld.
Source: Crunchyroll News
3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"Nov 4, 11amSynopsis A shoujo loving girl named Yuu awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes. However, upon being confessed to by a junior high classmate, she finds herself feeling nothing.
First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"Nov 5, 12pmSynopsis This is a tale that takes on the combat sport of sumo and stars a "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru. He has entered into Oodachi High School and aims to join the sumo club though it has gained a weak reputation.
A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"Nov 4, 6amSynopsis Hinata, a young boy who likes drawing, finds himself falling in love with his classmate Shigure. The problem, however, is that Hinata has trouble talking to other people and resigns himself to his drawings and imagination.
- Marvel Co-Creator and Comic Book Icon Stan Lee Passes Away
- Winnie-the-Pooh World to Return in ‘Kingdom Hearts III’!
- New Anime Adaptation for ‘Fruits Basket’ Manga is Confirmed!
- New ‘Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!’ Video Features Elite Four and Gym Leaders!
- ‘Lu Over the Wall’ Anime Film to Release on Home Video
- Naruto/Boruto Attraction to Open in ‘Nijigen no Mori’ Theme Park In April!
- More Photos Emerged on the Filming of Upcoming ‘Monster Hunter’ Live-Action Film
- First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"
- Umamusume: Pretty Derby TV Anime Returns with a Special Home Video
- ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Releases New Video Featuring ‘Tangled’ Movie’s ‘Kingdom of Corona’ World
- Ryoko Gi and Takeshi Kusao will be Part of the ‘Black Clover’ Anime Cast!
- Gunjō no Magmell Cast Kengo Kawanishia and M.A.O as Main Characters
- 3 Episode Impression: "Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken"
- 3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"
- A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"
- Tatsunoko's The Price of Smiles Anime is Listed for 12 Episodes
- A New PV Reveals More Details for Kunihiko Ikuhara's Sarazanmai Anime
- An Okay but Cute Family Romance Story: "Mikakunin de Shinkoukei"