The hype is indeed very real! It was revealed on Tuesday in the official Twitter account of the My Hero Academia anime that the first anime film in the franchise My Hero Academia: Two Heroes has sold around 1.296 million tickets in the Japanese box office as of Monday earning it more than 1.6 billion yen (around US$14.1 million). In the tweet, it was also noted that the number “16” can also be read in Japanese as “hero”.
A report in Box Office Mojo confirms that the movie has earned a cumulative total of US$5,721,371 in North America making the 10th highest grossing anime film of all time in the region. As of October 2, the film had earned $5,117,633 after a week of screening the United States alone.
The first My Hero Academia film takes place after the Final Exam Arc during the “Forest Training Training Arc” set on “I Island”, a floating manmade movable city. It will be revealing a certain character’s unrevealed past as well as featuring the characters of Class A.
Original manga creator Kohei Horikoshi is chief supervisor of the film. He is also credited for the original story and character designs. The director of the anime at BONES Kenji Nagasaki is also the director of the film along with some returning staff like composer Yuuki Hayashi, character designer Yoshihiko Umakoshi, and scriptwriter Yousuke Kuroda. TOHO is officially distributing the film.
It was announced previously that Funimation will be screening the film in over 400 theaters in the United States and Canada on September 25, 26, 27, 29 and October 2. September 25, 27, and 29 screening will be in Japanese with English subtitles, while the September 26 and October 2 screenings will be English-dubbed.
Ingress Anime Reveals Kizuna Ai as a Guest StarOct 18, 11amAn unexpected collaborative video is released featuring Virtual YouTuber Kizuna Ai communicating with ADA, the AI entity from smartphone game turned anime “Ingress.” It has been confirmed that the AI will be making an appearance in the 9th episode of the anime.
A Second Look: "Isekai Yakkyoku"Oct 14, 3amSynopsis A young pharmacologist and researcher who entered into the world of medicine for the sake of his sister who had passed away from cancer end up passing away himself due to overworking. Rather than ending up in the afterlife, however, he finds himself reincarnated as a 10-year-old boy named Falma in Medieval Parallel Europe.
First Episode Impression: "Anima Yell!"Oct 14, 9amSynopsis Kohane Hatoya is a cheerful girl who loves helping others. During her move from middle school to high school, she one day comes across a cheerleading squad and becomes inspired by it. Now upon entering high school, Kohane makes the decision to start a cheerleading club.
First Episode Impression: "Himote House"Oct 14, 6amSynopsis This is a tale that involves five girls and one cat living together in Nakano, Tokyo. First, there are Tokiyo, Kinami, and Kokoro Himote, three sisters whose family manages the "Himote House.
- The Character Designs for "Stand My Heroes" are Revealed
- Ingress Anime Reveals Kizuna Ai as a Guest Star
- Tatsunoko Celebrates its 55th Anniversary with an Original Anime
- This High-End Statue of Alphonse Elric is a Must-Have for any Fullmetal Alchemist Fan!
- New Details Revealed for Upcoming 2019 Doraemon Film, Movie to Premiere on March 1
- Production IMS, creator of ‘Date A Live II’ and ‘Haifuri’ Anime Series is Now Bankrupt
- Ending in November is the Chihayafuru Chūgakusei-hen Spinoff Manga
- Strike The Blood III OVA Confirmed to Have 10 Episodes
- First Episode Impression: "Anima Yell!"
- First Episode Impression: "Himote House"
- First Episode Impression: "Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san"
- A Second Look: "Isekai Yakkyoku"
- A Call for Cute Cat Pics is Made by "Dokyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki Atama no Ue"
- A Condition is Set for the Dropkick on My Devil! 2nd Season Green Light
- What We See so Far - "Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya"
- A Supernatural Story that Could Have Been Better: "Miyori no Mori"
- Final Thoughts on: "First Episode Impression: Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjo"
- Final Thoughts on: "Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight"