This is a romantic comedy that follows the daily lives of high school couple Atsuhiro “Akkun” Kagari and Non “Nontan” Katagiri. Akkun is an extreme tsundere who is constantly harsh towards Nontan. This harsh behavior is but a mask as he is truly head over heels for her. In fact, he is so head over heels for her that he has stalker tendencies towards her. Nontan, in turn, is also head over heels for Akkun and doesn’t mind his harsh behavior, though she is unaware of his stalker ways.
The first highlight that stood out with the series is the dynamic between Akkun and Nontan. Nontan initially seemed like a typical cheerful and oblivious character, the way she’s so insightful of Akkun and his character adds something interesting to her character. As for Akkun, his whole stalker side is weird but the clear love he has for Nontan gives him an endearing point. Just this whole dynamic that the two have with one another is adorable and the fact that this series is about an established relationship rather than a love that drags out the tension gives it large plus points from this writer.
Other than the main couple and their dynamics, Masago, Akkun’s friend makes for an interesting character who was quirky in his own way. The only real issue is that it would be nice to have more regular characters to balance out all of the quirkiness of the main characters or at the very least have more heartfelt moments to give more dynamic to the series.
It’s a cute romance series, there is no doubt about that. While there were some doubts to the characters at the start, with the progression of the series, it was interesting to see how exactly the characters were shaped into what they were. From the way Akkun and Nontan understand each other to the general way they treat the other, it’s easy to believe that the two are a long-term couple with one of them being both gruff and shy. Personally, a couple like this always makes for an interesting story. That and the way they still have development going on between them and that they do have misunderstandings is a plus since it works in a way that doesn’t hinder the characters or the plot.
With the other couple “couples” of the series, it feels more like they were plopped into the plot to add some dynamic more than anything. Sure, Masago developed into an interesting character who helped in balancing things out and his development with Chiho had its moments, but it feels like the two were a little too conveniently paired. As for the student teacher pair, it’s weird and seems just a tad out of place, that’s pretty much the gist of it.
There’s nothing much else to be said other than it’s a cute romance series that does well in showing a quirky yet long-term couple who are still developing with one another. The other characters, mainly Masago did well in adding some dynamic but the whole development he has with Chiho feels inserted rather than part of the plot. If the series had featured more on Akkun and Nontan’s relationship being developed and lessened the other couple moments to give way to filter moments with friends and family it could have been better in this writer’s opinion.
Ingress Anime Reveals Kizuna Ai as a Guest StarOct 18, 11amAn unexpected collaborative video is released featuring Virtual YouTuber Kizuna Ai communicating with ADA, the AI entity from smartphone game turned anime “Ingress.” It has been confirmed that the AI will be making an appearance in the 9th episode of the anime.
A Second Look: "Isekai Yakkyoku"Oct 14, 3amSynopsis A young pharmacologist and researcher who entered into the world of medicine for the sake of his sister who had passed away from cancer end up passing away himself due to overworking. Rather than ending up in the afterlife, however, he finds himself reincarnated as a 10-year-old boy named Falma in Medieval Parallel Europe.
First Episode Impression: "Anima Yell!"Oct 14, 9amSynopsis Kohane Hatoya is a cheerful girl who loves helping others. During her move from middle school to high school, she one day comes across a cheerleading squad and becomes inspired by it. Now upon entering high school, Kohane makes the decision to start a cheerleading club.
First Episode Impression: "Himote House"Oct 14, 6amSynopsis This is a tale that involves five girls and one cat living together in Nakano, Tokyo. First, there are Tokiyo, Kinami, and Kokoro Himote, three sisters whose family manages the "Himote House.
- The Saint Seiya Spin-Off Saintia Shō Stream Begins on December 10
- The Character Designs for "Stand My Heroes" are Revealed
- Ingress Anime Reveals Kizuna Ai as a Guest Star
- Tatsunoko Celebrates its 55th Anniversary with an Original Anime
- This High-End Statue of Alphonse Elric is a Must-Have for any Fullmetal Alchemist Fan!
- New Details Revealed for Upcoming 2019 Doraemon Film, Movie to Premiere on March 1
- Production IMS, creator of ‘Date A Live II’ and ‘Haifuri’ Anime Series is Now Bankrupt
- Ending in November is the Chihayafuru Chūgakusei-hen Spinoff Manga
- Strike The Blood III OVA Confirmed to Have 10 Episodes
- First Episode Impression: "Anima Yell!"
- First Episode Impression: "Himote House"
- First Episode Impression: "Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san"
- A Second Look: "Isekai Yakkyoku"
- A Call for Cute Cat Pics is Made by "Dokyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki Atama no Ue"
- A Condition is Set for the Dropkick on My Devil! 2nd Season Green Light
- What We See so Far - "Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya"
- A Supernatural Story that Could Have Been Better: "Miyori no Mori"
- Final Thoughts on: "First Episode Impression: Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjo"