It was confirmed on Tuesday by Bandai Namco Entertainment that the One Piece: World Seeker game is delayed to 2019. The release for the game was supposed to be slated for this year.
The game’s developers stated that they needed more time in order to meet fan’s expectations for this highly anticipated title.
In the 90th compiled volume of the One Piece manga, it was listed that the game will be released in 2019. The game was supposed to be released for the PlayStation 4 in Japan in 2018, while releases for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam was supposed to be released for Europe and the Americas this year.
The game will take place on “Prison Island” (“Jail Island”) which is located in the New World. The popular Japanese magazine Weekly Shonen Jump previously teased that the game will be a “truth of a tragic event”. Along with this teaser, it also features an image of a man in a shadow who is standing in front of the Holy Land Mariejois that is in flames.
Source: Anime News Network
- 4 Great Anime Films to Premiere in L.A.’s Animation is Film Festival in October!
- Smartphone Game ‘Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Happiness Memories’ to be Released In 2019!
- The Royal Tutor Returns with a Film Coming February 2019
- Sega Delays the Release of ‘Mega Drive Mini’ Console to 2019, Plans for Global Release
- The Detective Conan Manga Announces a 9 - Week Break
- Release of ‘One Piece: World Seeker’ Game Delayed to 2019
- Anime Series ‘Tsurune’ to Air on October 14!
- Former 'Morning Musume' Idol Hitomi Yoshizawa is Arrested for Suspected Hit-and-Run
- Nintendo Switch Dominates Japan with Over 5 Million Units Sold!
- Anime Film ‘I Want to Eat Your Pancreas’ Conquers Opening Week Earning 100 Million Yen!
- ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Manga Returns on September 22 After a 5-Month Hiatus
- New ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Smartphone Game Announced!
- Anime Adaptation for ‘Madoka Magica’s Magia Record’ RPG Game Confirmed for 2019!
- Anime Film ‘Night is Short, Walk on Girl’ Earns $350,000 at the U.S. Box Office!
- Wataru Yoshizumi’s ‘Marmalade Boy Little’ Manga to End Next Month
- Momoko Sakura, Creator of ‘Chibi Maruko-chan’ Passes Away at 53
- Netflix Announces a Sequel for the U.S Death Note Film
- The Latest One Piece Film is Set for Summer 2019