The “Saint Seiya: Saintia Shō” spin-off has now gained an official website for its upcoming anime adaptation. On it is an announcement of the series’ December debut on ANIMAX on PlayStation and the four main voice cast.
“Saint Seiya: Saintia Shō” is a spin-off of the classic “Saint Seiya” manga that was created, written and illustrated by Masami Kurumada. Created by Chimaka Kuori, who has also worked on the “Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: The Edge” manga, the series was serialized in Akita Shoten’s Champion Red magazine. It began its run in August 2013 and is currently running with a total of 11 volumes.
The story of the series is set after the original series, which is in the wake of a space-wide civil war instigated by Saga–the Gemini Gold Saint. Like with the main series, a team of Saints comes together with the goal of protecting their goddess, Athena. The difference in this tale is that it features an all-female team. Starring a young female Saint named Shō; she along with her team defend their worlds with their cunning, strength and power of the Zodiac while opposing their very destinies.
Playing the role of Shoko/Equuleus Sho is Aina Suzuki, the voice behind Mari Ohara in “Love Live! Sunshine!!.” M.A.O. who recently voiced Eosinophil in “Cells at Work!” will be voicing as Kyoko/Equuleus Kyoko. Taking on the role of Saori Kido is Inori Minase, a voice actress known for having played as Rem in “Re: Zero − Starting Life in Another World.” Last but not least, voicing as Alicia Mii Benethol/Dolphin Mii is Megumi Nakajima, who played a role in “Macross Frontier” as Ranka Lee.
No staff members have been listed but it has been confirmed that Toei Animation will be taking on the animation production having worked on previous “Saint Seiya” series.
“Saint Seiya” as stated is a creation of Masami Kurumada. It was released in 1986 and serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump until 1990 with a total of 28 volumes. The series featured five mystical warriors called the "Saints.”
Sworn to defend the reincarnation of Athena the group of warriors battle against Olympian gods who wish to take over the world with the use of sacred armors named "Cloths.” Holding designs derived from the various constellations, the characters have adopted as their destined guardian symbols and empowered by a mystical energy called “Cosmo”
- U.S. Screening for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Earns Estimated USD$ 7 Million on Opening Day
- VIZ Media to Release ‘Dragon Ball: A Visual History’ Art Book in Fall 2019
- 2-Minute Ad Released for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’
- New ‘Fruits Basket’ Anime Adaptation to Release in April!
- ‘Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II. lost butterfly’ to Screen in U.S. Theaters on March 14!
- Visuals for Upcoming 23rd ‘Detective Conan’ Film Revealed!
- Season 2 of ‘Kakegurui’ to have a Total of 12 Episodes
- Five Anime Movies Nominated for the 42nd Japan Academy Prize
- Pre-order Bonuses Revealed in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Preview Videos!
- Latest ‘Love Live! Sunshine!!’ Movie Earns Almost 100 Million Yen in its First Three Days of Screening!
- Film Trailer for ‘Precure Miracle Universe’ Anime Film Released
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for a Month
- ‘Hunter X Hunter: The Last Mission’ Anime Film to Screen in U.S. Theaters on January 30
- Real Train Accident Footage Used in Live-Action ‘Death Note’ Netflix Film was Used Without Permission
- Creator of ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Teases a Character from His Mystery Project
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Dominates the U.S. Monthly Bookscan December List!
- ‘Naruto Shinden’ Novel Confirmed for Anime Adaptation to Air in February!
- Netflix to Stream ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ and ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Anime Films!