The “Saint Seiya: Saintia Shō” spin-off has now gained an official website for its upcoming anime adaptation. On it is an announcement of the series’ December debut on ANIMAX on PlayStation and the four main voice cast.
“Saint Seiya: Saintia Shō” is a spin-off of the classic “Saint Seiya” manga that was created, written and illustrated by Masami Kurumada. Created by Chimaka Kuori, who has also worked on the “Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: The Edge” manga, the series was serialized in Akita Shoten’s Champion Red magazine. It began its run in August 2013 and is currently running with a total of 11 volumes.
The story of the series is set after the original series, which is in the wake of a space-wide civil war instigated by Saga–the Gemini Gold Saint. Like with the main series, a team of Saints comes together with the goal of protecting their goddess, Athena. The difference in this tale is that it features an all-female team. Starring a young female Saint named Shō; she along with her team defend their worlds with their cunning, strength and power of the Zodiac while opposing their very destinies.
Playing the role of Shoko/Equuleus Sho is Aina Suzuki, the voice behind Mari Ohara in “Love Live! Sunshine!!.” M.A.O. who recently voiced Eosinophil in “Cells at Work!” will be voicing as Kyoko/Equuleus Kyoko. Taking on the role of Saori Kido is Inori Minase, a voice actress known for having played as Rem in “Re: Zero − Starting Life in Another World.” Last but not least, voicing as Alicia Mii Benethol/Dolphin Mii is Megumi Nakajima, who played a role in “Macross Frontier” as Ranka Lee.
No staff members have been listed but it has been confirmed that Toei Animation will be taking on the animation production having worked on previous “Saint Seiya” series.
“Saint Seiya” as stated is a creation of Masami Kurumada. It was released in 1986 and serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump until 1990 with a total of 28 volumes. The series featured five mystical warriors called the "Saints.”
Sworn to defend the reincarnation of Athena the group of warriors battle against Olympian gods who wish to take over the world with the use of sacred armors named "Cloths.” Holding designs derived from the various constellations, the characters have adopted as their destined guardian symbols and empowered by a mystical energy called “Cosmo”
- 4 Great Anime Films to Premiere in L.A.’s Animation is Film Festival in October!
- Smartphone Game ‘Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Happiness Memories’ to be Released In 2019!
- The Royal Tutor Returns with a Film Coming February 2019
- Sega Delays the Release of ‘Mega Drive Mini’ Console to 2019, Plans for Global Release
- The Detective Conan Manga Announces a 9 - Week Break
- Release of ‘One Piece: World Seeker’ Game Delayed to 2019
- Anime Series ‘Tsurune’ to Air on October 14!
- Former 'Morning Musume' Idol Hitomi Yoshizawa is Arrested for Suspected Hit-and-Run
- Nintendo Switch Dominates Japan with Over 5 Million Units Sold!
- Anime Film ‘I Want to Eat Your Pancreas’ Conquers Opening Week Earning 100 Million Yen!
- ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Manga Returns on September 22 After a 5-Month Hiatus
- New ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Smartphone Game Announced!
- Anime Adaptation for ‘Madoka Magica’s Magia Record’ RPG Game Confirmed for 2019!
- Anime Film ‘Night is Short, Walk on Girl’ Earns $350,000 at the U.S. Box Office!
- Wataru Yoshizumi’s ‘Marmalade Boy Little’ Manga to End Next Month
- Momoko Sakura, Creator of ‘Chibi Maruko-chan’ Passes Away at 53
- Netflix Announces a Sequel for the U.S Death Note Film
- The Latest One Piece Film is Set for Summer 2019