A new promo video and visual was released on Thursday on the official website of Dynamic Planning and Toei Animation’s upcoming net anime short Robot Girls NEO.
The first episode of this net anime is slated to be released on August 18 at 12:00pm exclusively on Animax’s streaming service, “Animax on PlayStation”. The first and second episodes will be available for streaming on August 25 at 12:00pm, and all three episodes will be available for steaming on September 1 and 12:00pm. Each episode will have a duration of five minutes.
The Robot Girls Z series was streamed by Crunchyroll as it was aired in Japan in 2014. The anime series also inspired a compilation movie which premiered in May 2014. The net anime short series Robot Girls Z+ was also debuted and streamed by Crunchyroll in 2015.
The series is a latest incarnation of the Toei Robot Girls, a project that turns “legendary super robots into beautiful girls!!”
The cast include Z-chan, based on the popular Mazinger Z voiced by Hina Kino.
Gre-chan, based on Great Mazinger voiced by Ami Hagihara
Gren-chan, based on Grendizer voiced by Mikako Izawa
Gecchama Eagle, based on Getter Robo voiced by Rika Nagae
Sister hell voiced by Kanon Narumi
Tetsu Inada will be the narrator of the series.
The anime is set on Nerima, a ruined place where a photon energy disaster was said to have destroyed the area. No one exactly knows the cause and who is the culprit. All that seems to be left is the photon research facility tower where there’s a monument at the center of the destroyed area. Gre-chan and Z-chan live together in the base of the tower made by salvage materials in which they named it as Photo House. The advanced photo energy that was supposed to flow through the place is gone and the world is now being ruled by the Getter Rays that came from space. Even then, Z-chan and Gre-chan use the highly efficient photo energy to power up their home.
Source: Comic Natalie
Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation Mar 18, 9amMore yuri anime is on the way, it seems, as last Saturday it was announced that time-stopping yuri manga Fragtime will be getting an anime adaptation. The announcement was made in the website opened by publishing company Akira Shoten for the upcoming adaptation of the yuri series.
- Re:ZERO Releases New Visual for 2nd OVA “Frozen Bonds”, Fall Cinematic Release Set
- New Protagonist for Sega’s Yakuza Game Series Announced, New PS4 Game in the Works
- Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro Movie to Get a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Release
- 39th 'Doraemon' Anime Film Remains #1 at the Box Office!
- English Dub Trailer Released for 1st 'Made in Abyss' Compilation Film
- Black Clover and Osomatsu-San Announce Surprise Collaboration
- One Punch Man Season 2 Streams New PV, Previews New OP From JAM Project
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Announces 3rd Season
- Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation
- Fruits Basket Reboot Releases New Visual, Trailer for “1st Season”
- Jiyong to Join 2nd Live-Action ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Film Cast as Itori
- A Graphic Novel Adaptation of ‘Detective Pikachu’ will Also Be Released
- Universal Studios Japan Unveils New Chapter for the Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- Noitamina Block to Air Its First-Ever BL Anime, Given
- 'My Hero Academia' Manga Once Again Tops U.S. Monthly Bookscan List for February
- Visual Novel 'Clannad' is Heading to the Nintendo Switch on July 4
- Doraemon Remakes 1st TV Episode for Its 40th Anniversary
- Female Vocal Unit Kalafina Announces Disbandment