The performers of the opening and ending themes of the upcoming anime adaptation of Kawada manga series Hinomaru Zumo was revealed in the combined 36th and 37th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump on Monday.
Official HIGE DANDism (group picture above) will perform the anime’s opening theme song while the rock band Omedetai Atama de Nani Yori (picture below) will perform the ending theme song. Hinomaru Zumo is slated to premiere in Japan on October 5.
It was also revealed previously in this year’s 34th issue of the Weekly Shonen Jump of the five additional cast members for the anime.
In the image shown above from left to right, Justin Tomimori will be Daniel Stefanov, Shunsuke Takeuchi as Sōsuke Kuze, Noriaki Sugiyama as Jin Yomoda, Takuto Yoshinaga as Shun Kariya, and Taku Yashiro as Rion Sawai.
The previous cast that was revealed way back are the following (in the image above, start from top left to the bottom): Atsushi Abe as Hinomaru Ushio, Fukushi Ochiai as Shinya Ozeki, Kentarō Kumagai as Yūma Gojō, Takuya Satō as Chihiro Kunisaki, Ayumu Murase as Kei Mitsuhashi, and Takuma Terashima as Kirihito Tsuji.
Two female managers of the Odachi High school sumo club will be voiced by Mikako Komatsu (left in the image above) and Rui Tanabe (right) as Reina Gojo and Chizuko Hori respectively.
A January 4 announcement in the sixth 2018 issue cover of Weekly Shonen Jump that Kawada’s Sumo club manga series Hinomaru Zumo is green-lit for an anime adaptation. The manga was first launched in May 2014 with its 18th volume to release in Japan on January 4.
It was teased way back in the fourth and fifth issues of the magazine a “super important announcement” will be revealed in the sixth issue.
Just to give you an idea on what the manga series is about, check out the synopsis below:
It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sport—it’s sumo!!
A “small” new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words “big” and “heavy” are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what…!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo tale—no retakes allowed!!
*Hinoshita Kaisan – A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna
Japanese Voice Actor Unsho Ishizuka Passes AwayAug 17, 11amIt was confirmed in the official website of talent management agency Aoni Production on Friday that Usnho Ishizuka, the man who provided the Japanese voices of Cowboy Bepop’s Jet Black and Pokemon’s Professor Oak has passed away by 67 due to esophageal cancer.
- Japanese Voice Actor Unsho Ishizuka Passes Away
- Eir Aoi and LiSA to Perform Theme Songs of ‘Sword Art Online: Alicization’
- Distribution of ‘Monster Hunter World’ Halted in China
- Family in Indonesia Turns House into Full Doraemon Theme!
- Team Mexico Wins World Cosplay Summit 2018!
- Anime ‘Sword Art Online: Alicization’ to have 1-Hour World Premiere in 7 Countries
- 7 Epic Character Posters Released for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Anime Film!
- PC Browser Game ‘Naruto x Boruto Borutical Generations’ to Launch This Year
- ‘Girly Air Force’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere in Winter 2019!
- Net Anime ‘Robot Girls NEO’ Releases Visual and Promo Video
- ‘My Hero Academia: Two Heroes’ Film Earns 500 Million Yen in its Opening Weekend!
- Performers of Opening and Ending Theme Songs for ‘Hinomaru Zumo’ Anime Series Revealed!
- ‘In This Corner of the World’ Anime Film Producer Takao Asaga Passes Away
- Game Sequel ‘Robotics; Notes DaSH’ to be Released for PS4/Switch in November
- Gameplay Preview Video of ‘Yu Yu Hakusho’ Smartphone Game Released!
- Last Film of ‘Godzilla’ Anime Film Trilogy to Premiere on November 9!
- ‘Pokemon the Movie: The Power of Us’ Anime Film to Premiere in U.S. Theaters in November
- Super Baby Vegeta Featured in New ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ Video