Get ready to rock out to heavy metal once more as “Aggressive Retsuko” a.k.a. “Aggretsuko” makes a return for a second season. Netflix has confirmed at their Anime Expo panel that the comedy series will premiere in 2019.
“Aggretsuko” is based on the eponymous character created by “Yeti” for the mascot company Sanrio. The character’s first appearance in anime was with a series of animated shorts by Fanworks that aired in April 2016. The series reached a total of 100 episodes before ending in March 2018.
In December 2017, an ONA was released by Netflix. It series had a total of ten episodes and had worldwide released on April 20, 2018. Rareko directed and wrote the scripts for both series.
The cast for the ONA included:
Kaolip as Retsuko
Rarecho as Death Metal Voice
Rina Inoue as Fenneko and Tsunoda
Shingo Katou as Haida
Komegumi Koiwasaki as Washimi
Maki Tsuruta as Director Gori and Tsubone
Sota Arai as Director Ton and Komiya
Yuki Takahashi as Kabae
The 25-year-old red panda Retsuko is the star of this story. She is an office worker who is working at her dream company’s accounting department. However, things are far from ideal for her as she ends up doing more and more impossible tasks by her superiors and co-workers.
While she deals with all of this without complaint, it does not mean she is unaffected. Every time she is in need of letting out her frustrations, she does it in an unexpected way, singing heavy metal.
Retsuko has become a rather popular character among anime fans given her relatable character. Among the Sanrio characters, it could be said that she has the most developed story. In comparison to the cute and rather less dramatic characters of the company, the red panda makes for a truly unconventional character from them.
Outside of the anime and ONA though, not much history has been noted on the character. The character does, however, have a fair share of merchandise released and her own mascot featuring both her normal worker side and her raging heavy metal side.
On another note, a teaser has already been released for the second season.
3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"Nov 4, 11amSynopsis A shoujo loving girl named Yuu awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes. However, upon being confessed to by a junior high classmate, she finds herself feeling nothing.
First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"Nov 5, 12pmSynopsis This is a tale that takes on the combat sport of sumo and stars a "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru. He has entered into Oodachi High School and aims to join the sumo club though it has gained a weak reputation.
A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"Nov 4, 6amSynopsis Hinata, a young boy who likes drawing, finds himself falling in love with his classmate Shigure. The problem, however, is that Hinata has trouble talking to other people and resigns himself to his drawings and imagination.
- Marvel Co-Creator and Comic Book Icon Stan Lee Passes Away
- Winnie-the-Pooh World to Return in ‘Kingdom Hearts III’!
- New Anime Adaptation for ‘Fruits Basket’ Manga is Confirmed!
- New ‘Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!’ Video Features Elite Four and Gym Leaders!
- ‘Lu Over the Wall’ Anime Film to Release on Home Video
- Naruto/Boruto Attraction to Open in ‘Nijigen no Mori’ Theme Park In April!
- More Photos Emerged on the Filming of Upcoming ‘Monster Hunter’ Live-Action Film
- First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"
- Umamusume: Pretty Derby TV Anime Returns with a Special Home Video
- ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Releases New Video Featuring ‘Tangled’ Movie’s ‘Kingdom of Corona’ World
- Ryoko Gi and Takeshi Kusao will be Part of the ‘Black Clover’ Anime Cast!
- Gunjō no Magmell Cast Kengo Kawanishia and M.A.O as Main Characters
- 3 Episode Impression: "Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken"
- 3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"
- A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"
- Tatsunoko's The Price of Smiles Anime is Listed for 12 Episodes
- A New PV Reveals More Details for Kunihiko Ikuhara's Sarazanmai Anime
- An Okay but Cute Family Romance Story: "Mikakunin de Shinkoukei"