Get ready to rock out to heavy metal once more as “Aggressive Retsuko” a.k.a. “Aggretsuko” makes a return for a second season. Netflix has confirmed at their Anime Expo panel that the comedy series will premiere in 2019.
“Aggretsuko” is based on the eponymous character created by “Yeti” for the mascot company Sanrio. The character’s first appearance in anime was with a series of animated shorts by Fanworks that aired in April 2016. The series reached a total of 100 episodes before ending in March 2018.
In December 2017, an ONA was released by Netflix. It series had a total of ten episodes and had worldwide released on April 20, 2018. Rareko directed and wrote the scripts for both series.
The cast for the ONA included:
Kaolip as Retsuko
Rarecho as Death Metal Voice
Rina Inoue as Fenneko and Tsunoda
Shingo Katou as Haida
Komegumi Koiwasaki as Washimi
Maki Tsuruta as Director Gori and Tsubone
Sota Arai as Director Ton and Komiya
Yuki Takahashi as Kabae
The 25-year-old red panda Retsuko is the star of this story. She is an office worker who is working at her dream company’s accounting department. However, things are far from ideal for her as she ends up doing more and more impossible tasks by her superiors and co-workers.
While she deals with all of this without complaint, it does not mean she is unaffected. Every time she is in need of letting out her frustrations, she does it in an unexpected way, singing heavy metal.
Retsuko has become a rather popular character among anime fans given her relatable character. Among the Sanrio characters, it could be said that she has the most developed story. In comparison to the cute and rather less dramatic characters of the company, the red panda makes for a truly unconventional character from them.
Outside of the anime and ONA though, not much history has been noted on the character. The character does, however, have a fair share of merchandise released and her own mascot featuring both her normal worker side and her raging heavy metal side.
On another note, a teaser has already been released for the second season.
General Impression: Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro BiyoriJun 24, 12pmSynopsis Set in a popular Japanese-style café named “Rokuhoudou”, this story star four specialists. They consist of tea specialist and café owner Sui, latte artist Gure, sweets specialist Tsubaki and cooking specialist Tokitaka.
- Second Season of ‘Mob Psycho 100’ to Premiere on January 2019, Teaser Visual Released!
- New Character Visuals Released for Upcoming ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Anime Film
- USA Now has an Official Representative for the World Cosplay Summit 2018, Competition to Happen Next Month!
- 5 Precure Girls are Together in the New ‘Hugtto! Precure Anime! Visual
- Anime Adaptation of ‘Asobi Asobase’ to have 12 Episodes and Mini Anime
- Steve Ditko, ‘Spider-Man’ Co-Creator Passes Away
- Retsuko Returns in 2019 with an Aggretsuko Anime 2nd Season
- A Job Site for Cosplayers is Launched in Japan
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for Seven Weeks
- Party Dress Designs and Young All Might Visuals Released for Upcoming ‘My Hero Academia: Two Heroes’ Anime Film!
- ‘Violet Evergarden’ Announces its ‘Same Time Period’ Anime Film Premiere in January 2020!
- "Yuri!! On Ice" Film is Confirmed with Details
- Smartphone Game ‘Sword Art Online: Code Register’ to End Service in Late August
- Trailer for Upcoming ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Film Released, Features Theme Song Performed by Nogizaka46!
- Promo Video for 'Revue Starlight' Anime Series Revealed!
- Makoto Shinkai, Sunao Katabuchi, and Mamoru Hosoda Invited to Join Oscars’ Academy
- General Impression: Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori
- Shojo Kageki Revue Starlight Gains a Smartphone Game