Get ready to rock out to heavy metal once more as “Aggressive Retsuko” a.k.a. “Aggretsuko” makes a return for a second season. Netflix has confirmed at their Anime Expo panel that the comedy series will premiere in 2019.
“Aggretsuko” is based on the eponymous character created by “Yeti” for the mascot company Sanrio. The character’s first appearance in anime was with a series of animated shorts by Fanworks that aired in April 2016. The series reached a total of 100 episodes before ending in March 2018.
In December 2017, an ONA was released by Netflix. It series had a total of ten episodes and had worldwide released on April 20, 2018. Rareko directed and wrote the scripts for both series.
The cast for the ONA included:
Kaolip as Retsuko
Rarecho as Death Metal Voice
Rina Inoue as Fenneko and Tsunoda
Shingo Katou as Haida
Komegumi Koiwasaki as Washimi
Maki Tsuruta as Director Gori and Tsubone
Sota Arai as Director Ton and Komiya
Yuki Takahashi as Kabae
The 25-year-old red panda Retsuko is the star of this story. She is an office worker who is working at her dream company’s accounting department. However, things are far from ideal for her as she ends up doing more and more impossible tasks by her superiors and co-workers.
While she deals with all of this without complaint, it does not mean she is unaffected. Every time she is in need of letting out her frustrations, she does it in an unexpected way, singing heavy metal.
Retsuko has become a rather popular character among anime fans given her relatable character. Among the Sanrio characters, it could be said that she has the most developed story. In comparison to the cute and rather less dramatic characters of the company, the red panda makes for a truly unconventional character from them.
Outside of the anime and ONA though, not much history has been noted on the character. The character does, however, have a fair share of merchandise released and her own mascot featuring both her normal worker side and her raging heavy metal side.
On another note, a teaser has already been released for the second season.
- 4 Great Anime Films to Premiere in L.A.’s Animation is Film Festival in October!
- Smartphone Game ‘Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Happiness Memories’ to be Released In 2019!
- The Royal Tutor Returns with a Film Coming February 2019
- Sega Delays the Release of ‘Mega Drive Mini’ Console to 2019, Plans for Global Release
- The Detective Conan Manga Announces a 9 - Week Break
- Release of ‘One Piece: World Seeker’ Game Delayed to 2019
- Anime Series ‘Tsurune’ to Air on October 14!
- Former 'Morning Musume' Idol Hitomi Yoshizawa is Arrested for Suspected Hit-and-Run
- Nintendo Switch Dominates Japan with Over 5 Million Units Sold!
- Anime Film ‘I Want to Eat Your Pancreas’ Conquers Opening Week Earning 100 Million Yen!
- ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Manga Returns on September 22 After a 5-Month Hiatus
- New ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Smartphone Game Announced!
- Anime Adaptation for ‘Madoka Magica’s Magia Record’ RPG Game Confirmed for 2019!
- Anime Film ‘Night is Short, Walk on Girl’ Earns $350,000 at the U.S. Box Office!
- Wataru Yoshizumi’s ‘Marmalade Boy Little’ Manga to End Next Month
- Momoko Sakura, Creator of ‘Chibi Maruko-chan’ Passes Away at 53
- Netflix Announces a Sequel for the U.S Death Note Film
- The Latest One Piece Film is Set for Summer 2019