Get ready to rock out to heavy metal once more as “Aggressive Retsuko” a.k.a. “Aggretsuko” makes a return for a second season. Netflix has confirmed at their Anime Expo panel that the comedy series will premiere in 2019.
“Aggretsuko” is based on the eponymous character created by “Yeti” for the mascot company Sanrio. The character’s first appearance in anime was with a series of animated shorts by Fanworks that aired in April 2016. The series reached a total of 100 episodes before ending in March 2018.
In December 2017, an ONA was released by Netflix. It series had a total of ten episodes and had worldwide released on April 20, 2018. Rareko directed and wrote the scripts for both series.
The cast for the ONA included:
Kaolip as Retsuko
Rarecho as Death Metal Voice
Rina Inoue as Fenneko and Tsunoda
Shingo Katou as Haida
Komegumi Koiwasaki as Washimi
Maki Tsuruta as Director Gori and Tsubone
Sota Arai as Director Ton and Komiya
Yuki Takahashi as Kabae
The 25-year-old red panda Retsuko is the star of this story. She is an office worker who is working at her dream company’s accounting department. However, things are far from ideal for her as she ends up doing more and more impossible tasks by her superiors and co-workers.
While she deals with all of this without complaint, it does not mean she is unaffected. Every time she is in need of letting out her frustrations, she does it in an unexpected way, singing heavy metal.
Retsuko has become a rather popular character among anime fans given her relatable character. Among the Sanrio characters, it could be said that she has the most developed story. In comparison to the cute and rather less dramatic characters of the company, the red panda makes for a truly unconventional character from them.
Outside of the anime and ONA though, not much history has been noted on the character. The character does, however, have a fair share of merchandise released and her own mascot featuring both her normal worker side and her raging heavy metal side.
On another note, a teaser has already been released for the second season.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch
- Veteran Voice Actress Maaya Sakamoto Joins All-New Fruits Basket Cast
- Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021
- Yuri Fair 2019’s Key Visual Features 'Bloom Into You'
- Square Enix Files Trademarks to ‘Secret of Mana’ and ‘Final Fantasy Adventure’ in the United States
- ‘Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid’ Season 2 is Confirmed!
- ‘Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions - Take on Me!’ to be Available for Streaming on HIDIVE
- Mobile Suit Gundam NT to Screen in US Theaters for One Day Only
- Manga Horror Master Junji Ito to Make First North American Appearance
- Square Enix Files Trademark for Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Earns US$32 Million in the United Kingdom and Selected Countries in Asia
- Rin Tohsaka VA Kana Ueda Hospitalized, Cancels US Appearances