From the phone screen to television, the “Shōmetsu Toshi” a.k.a. “Annihilated City” smartphone game is confirmed for an anime adaptation. Announced via a website opened by Wright Flyer Studios on Sunday, different details have already been confirmed for the production.
It was in May 2014 that the game was launched by Wright Flyer Studios and GREE. So far the game has reached a total of 9 million downloads. In November 2016, an update titled Shōmetsu Toshi 2 launched.
The story begins with a town having been annihilated. Starring in this tale is the lone survivor of the town, a young woman named Yuki, and Takuya, a loner and a smuggler. With a letter left by Yuki’s father as clue, the duo set out together towards that town no called Lost.
The two however, face unexpected obstacles along the way. What’s more, they have to face thoughts of those left behind, secret and mysterious organizations, and hidden conspiracies the closer they get to the mystery behind Lost.
Playing the role of survivor Yuki is Kana Hanazawa who will be playing the role of Satō Matsuzaka in “Happy Sugar Life.” As for the role of loner Tazuya, that will be taken on by Tomokazu Sugita, who is currently playing the role of Tarou Kabakura in “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku”
Other cast/characters confirmed include Yuuichi Nakamura, the voice behind Takaya Abe in “Big Windup!” Researcher Eiji being played by Tarusuke Shingaki, the voice actor of Zhang in “Soul Buster”.
Along with him as Researcher Yumiko is Mitsuki Nakae, the voice of Tsubaki in “Hagane Orchestra “. Also included is Aimi, who plays a role in “Cardfight!! Vanguard” as Suiko. Last but not least, is Taisuke Nishimura, who played a role in “Majin Bone” as Raquelt / Dark Basilisk.
Taking charge of the production of the series is Mahouse. Madhouse was founded in 1972 and is known have produced multiple popular anime and films. These includes, “ Death Note”, the first season of “One-Punch Man”, “Paprika” and “Wolf Children”. The studio has also collaborated with known manga artists such as CLAMP and have animated a number of their works including “Cardcaptor Sakura”, “Chobits”, and “CLAMP in Wonderland”.
On another note, the game will be getting a new app titled “Shōmetsu Toshi Drama RPG MIX”, as well as a completely new 3D work using Unreal Engine4.
- U.S. Screening for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Earns Estimated USD$ 7 Million on Opening Day
- VIZ Media to Release ‘Dragon Ball: A Visual History’ Art Book in Fall 2019
- 2-Minute Ad Released for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’
- New ‘Fruits Basket’ Anime Adaptation to Release in April!
- ‘Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II. lost butterfly’ to Screen in U.S. Theaters on March 14!
- Visuals for Upcoming 23rd ‘Detective Conan’ Film Revealed!
- Season 2 of ‘Kakegurui’ to have a Total of 12 Episodes
- Five Anime Movies Nominated for the 42nd Japan Academy Prize
- Pre-order Bonuses Revealed in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Preview Videos!
- Latest ‘Love Live! Sunshine!!’ Movie Earns Almost 100 Million Yen in its First Three Days of Screening!
- Film Trailer for ‘Precure Miracle Universe’ Anime Film Released
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for a Month
- ‘Hunter X Hunter: The Last Mission’ Anime Film to Screen in U.S. Theaters on January 30
- Real Train Accident Footage Used in Live-Action ‘Death Note’ Netflix Film was Used Without Permission
- Creator of ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Teases a Character from His Mystery Project
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Dominates the U.S. Monthly Bookscan December List!
- ‘Naruto Shinden’ Novel Confirmed for Anime Adaptation to Air in February!
- Netflix to Stream ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ and ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Anime Films!