From the phone screen to television, the “Shōmetsu Toshi” a.k.a. “Annihilated City” smartphone game is confirmed for an anime adaptation. Announced via a website opened by Wright Flyer Studios on Sunday, different details have already been confirmed for the production.
It was in May 2014 that the game was launched by Wright Flyer Studios and GREE. So far the game has reached a total of 9 million downloads. In November 2016, an update titled Shōmetsu Toshi 2 launched.
The story begins with a town having been annihilated. Starring in this tale is the lone survivor of the town, a young woman named Yuki, and Takuya, a loner and a smuggler. With a letter left by Yuki’s father as clue, the duo set out together towards that town no called Lost.
The two however, face unexpected obstacles along the way. What’s more, they have to face thoughts of those left behind, secret and mysterious organizations, and hidden conspiracies the closer they get to the mystery behind Lost.
Playing the role of survivor Yuki is Kana Hanazawa who will be playing the role of Satō Matsuzaka in “Happy Sugar Life.” As for the role of loner Tazuya, that will be taken on by Tomokazu Sugita, who is currently playing the role of Tarou Kabakura in “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku”
Other cast/characters confirmed include Yuuichi Nakamura, the voice behind Takaya Abe in “Big Windup!” Researcher Eiji being played by Tarusuke Shingaki, the voice actor of Zhang in “Soul Buster”.
Along with him as Researcher Yumiko is Mitsuki Nakae, the voice of Tsubaki in “Hagane Orchestra “. Also included is Aimi, who plays a role in “Cardfight!! Vanguard” as Suiko. Last but not least, is Taisuke Nishimura, who played a role in “Majin Bone” as Raquelt / Dark Basilisk.
Taking charge of the production of the series is Mahouse. Madhouse was founded in 1972 and is known have produced multiple popular anime and films. These includes, “ Death Note”, the first season of “One-Punch Man”, “Paprika” and “Wolf Children”. The studio has also collaborated with known manga artists such as CLAMP and have animated a number of their works including “Cardcaptor Sakura”, “Chobits”, and “CLAMP in Wonderland”.
On another note, the game will be getting a new app titled “Shōmetsu Toshi Drama RPG MIX”, as well as a completely new 3D work using Unreal Engine4.
- “Himouto! Umaru-chan” VA Aimi Tanaka Reveals That She Underwent Surgery, Has Already Recovered
- Assassin’s Pride Anime Announces Main Cast, Staff
- New Captain Harlock Manga Launched, French Artist Jérôme Alquié Credited for Manga’s Art
- Season 4 Confirmed for “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma”
- Square Enix Confirms That Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Playable in the Play Station 5
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set
- My Hero Academia Season 4 Reveals Character Visuals for Big 3, Sir Nighteye & Bubble Girl
- Racehorse that Inspired One of “Uma Musume Pretty Derby” Characters Dies
- ‘No More Heroes III’ Game Slated to Release in 2020 for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Reveals Release Date for “Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening” Remake
- Nintendo Announces “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” Sequel
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Also Announced by Square Enix at E3
- Square Enix Debuts New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake That Includes Tifa
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Slated for a March 3, 2020 Worldwide Release