From the phone screen to television, the “Shōmetsu Toshi” a.k.a. “Annihilated City” smartphone game is confirmed for an anime adaptation. Announced via a website opened by Wright Flyer Studios on Sunday, different details have already been confirmed for the production.
It was in May 2014 that the game was launched by Wright Flyer Studios and GREE. So far the game has reached a total of 9 million downloads. In November 2016, an update titled Shōmetsu Toshi 2 launched.
The story begins with a town having been annihilated. Starring in this tale is the lone survivor of the town, a young woman named Yuki, and Takuya, a loner and a smuggler. With a letter left by Yuki’s father as clue, the duo set out together towards that town no called Lost.
The two however, face unexpected obstacles along the way. What’s more, they have to face thoughts of those left behind, secret and mysterious organizations, and hidden conspiracies the closer they get to the mystery behind Lost.
Playing the role of survivor Yuki is Kana Hanazawa who will be playing the role of Satō Matsuzaka in “Happy Sugar Life.” As for the role of loner Tazuya, that will be taken on by Tomokazu Sugita, who is currently playing the role of Tarou Kabakura in “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku”
Other cast/characters confirmed include Yuuichi Nakamura, the voice behind Takaya Abe in “Big Windup!” Researcher Eiji being played by Tarusuke Shingaki, the voice actor of Zhang in “Soul Buster”.
Along with him as Researcher Yumiko is Mitsuki Nakae, the voice of Tsubaki in “Hagane Orchestra “. Also included is Aimi, who plays a role in “Cardfight!! Vanguard” as Suiko. Last but not least, is Taisuke Nishimura, who played a role in “Majin Bone” as Raquelt / Dark Basilisk.
Taking charge of the production of the series is Mahouse. Madhouse was founded in 1972 and is known have produced multiple popular anime and films. These includes, “ Death Note”, the first season of “One-Punch Man”, “Paprika” and “Wolf Children”. The studio has also collaborated with known manga artists such as CLAMP and have animated a number of their works including “Cardcaptor Sakura”, “Chobits”, and “CLAMP in Wonderland”.
On another note, the game will be getting a new app titled “Shōmetsu Toshi Drama RPG MIX”, as well as a completely new 3D work using Unreal Engine4.
Japanese Voice Actor Unsho Ishizuka Passes AwayAug 17, 11amIt was confirmed in the official website of talent management agency Aoni Production on Friday that Usnho Ishizuka, the man who provided the Japanese voices of Cowboy Bepop’s Jet Black and Pokemon’s Professor Oak has passed away by 67 due to esophageal cancer.
- The 1st Edition Booster Box of the Pokemon Trading Card Game Sold at $56,000 USD!
- For the First Time in 8 Years, X Japan will have its 1st Large-Scale Concert in September
- Japanese Voice Actor Unsho Ishizuka Passes Away
- Eir Aoi and LiSA to Perform Theme Songs of ‘Sword Art Online: Alicization’
- Distribution of ‘Monster Hunter World’ Halted in China
- Family in Indonesia Turns House into Full Doraemon Theme!
- Team Mexico Wins World Cosplay Summit 2018!
- Anime ‘Sword Art Online: Alicization’ to have 1-Hour World Premiere in 7 Countries
- 7 Epic Character Posters Released for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Anime Film!
- PC Browser Game ‘Naruto x Boruto Borutical Generations’ to Launch This Year
- ‘Girly Air Force’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere in Winter 2019!
- Net Anime ‘Robot Girls NEO’ Releases Visual and Promo Video
- ‘My Hero Academia: Two Heroes’ Film Earns 500 Million Yen in its Opening Weekend!
- Performers of Opening and Ending Theme Songs for ‘Hinomaru Zumo’ Anime Series Revealed!
- ‘In This Corner of the World’ Anime Film Producer Takao Asaga Passes Away
- Game Sequel ‘Robotics; Notes DaSH’ to be Released for PS4/Switch in November
- Gameplay Preview Video of ‘Yu Yu Hakusho’ Smartphone Game Released!
- Last Film of ‘Godzilla’ Anime Film Trilogy to Premiere on November 9!