Last May 9, the Otaku Coin Preparation Committee (OCPC) released a concept paper for its cryptocurrency Otaku Coin. The coin is slated to be issued this summer or fall with a voting platform scheduled for 2019.
The committee plans to release around 100 billion otaku coins and a specialty wallet at the same time. The concept of this cryptocurrency is proposed initially last December by Tokyo Otaku Mode, a popular Japanese hobby and shopping website. Both TOM and OCPC will work separately and will launch the tentative titled Otaku Coin Fund which functions as a “even more thoroughly decentralized organization” before launching it.
They said that its issuance is not an initial coin offering (ICO) which means they will not directly sell Otaku Coin at launch to raise funds. 61% of these issued coins will be “used for funding projects which will contribute to the development of otaku culture.” The remaining 39% will be given to the Otaku Coin Fund’s operative expenses (which covers the marketing, software development, personnel, activity costs, and so on.)
The concept paper revealed that the purposes for Otaku Coin are to allow anime fans to vote or fund projects, implement a reward system for “otaku activities” like purchasing legit products and watching anime, and best of all—removes fall foreign currency conversion fees.
Through the voting platform, those who have Otaku Coins will also be given voting tokens to fund projects. Other possible project including the follow: supporting otaku (and the related) content creators, funding anime productions, and expanding or creating otaku events and shops.
Source: Anime News Network
See also: Top 5 Manga to Check Out This Week
What We See so Far - "Heaven's Design Team"Dec 1, 10amSynopsis In this world, new and different animals are created by Heaven's Animal Design Department. Similar to working on commissions, these angels/designers spend their days coming up with new animal designs while contending with the unreasonable requests of their client: God.
General Impression: "Jingai-san no Yome"Nov 25, 9pmSynopsis High school student Tomari Hinowa was just a normal kid. That is until he is told one day that he is to become the wife of a mysterious creature called Kanenogi. Thus begins Tomari’s new life as a married student while trying to learn more about his mysterious partner.
- ‘Hypnosis Microphone’ is the Most Popular Voice Actor Account in Twitter Japan
- English Cast Announced for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Anime Film
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Wins in PlayStation Awards 2018
- Cardcaptor Sakura and The Girl in Twilight Enter a Collaboration
- A Kemono Friends Credit Card is Now Offered by VISA
- What We See so Far - "Heaven's Design Team"
- What We see so Far - "They Say I Was Born a King's Daughter"
- Ryōma Takeuchi Stars in the Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Live-Action Film's Japanese Dub
- Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! Receives a Collaboration Cafe
- A Light Novel Recommendation: "Tensei Shitanode Tsugi Koso wa Shiawasena Jinsei wo Tsukande Misemashou"
- Pop Team Epic Takes on Smart Phone Gacha Gaming
- Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File Reveals a New Visual and Cast Member
- Pastel Memories Gains a Manga Adaptation Coming December
- Netflix Announces Live-Action ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Series in the Works
- New ‘Jump Force’ Game Trailer Features Kenshin and Shishio from ‘Rurouni Kenshin’!
- Deku Midoriya’s Popularity Drops in Recent ‘My Hero Academia’ Poll
- ‘A Silent Voice’ Anime Film to Rescreen in January
- Crowdfunding for ‘Spice & Wolf’ VR Anime Hits Goal in just 2 Hours