Last May 9, the Otaku Coin Preparation Committee (OCPC) released a concept paper for its cryptocurrency Otaku Coin. The coin is slated to be issued this summer or fall with a voting platform scheduled for 2019.
The committee plans to release around 100 billion otaku coins and a specialty wallet at the same time. The concept of this cryptocurrency is proposed initially last December by Tokyo Otaku Mode, a popular Japanese hobby and shopping website. Both TOM and OCPC will work separately and will launch the tentative titled Otaku Coin Fund which functions as a “even more thoroughly decentralized organization” before launching it.
They said that its issuance is not an initial coin offering (ICO) which means they will not directly sell Otaku Coin at launch to raise funds. 61% of these issued coins will be “used for funding projects which will contribute to the development of otaku culture.” The remaining 39% will be given to the Otaku Coin Fund’s operative expenses (which covers the marketing, software development, personnel, activity costs, and so on.)
The concept paper revealed that the purposes for Otaku Coin are to allow anime fans to vote or fund projects, implement a reward system for “otaku activities” like purchasing legit products and watching anime, and best of all—removes fall foreign currency conversion fees.
Through the voting platform, those who have Otaku Coins will also be given voting tokens to fund projects. Other possible project including the follow: supporting otaku (and the related) content creators, funding anime productions, and expanding or creating otaku events and shops.
Source: Anime News Network
First Impression: Captain Tsubasa (2018)May 12, 10amSynopsis 11-year-old Tsubasa Oozora is an elementary student who has a deep love for soccer ever since he was young. Aiming to become a top soccer player, Tsubasa moves with his mother to Nankatsu city, which is well-known for its excellent elementary school soccer teams.
First Impression: Lost SongMay 13, 12pmSynopsis In a verdant frontier village, there lives an energetic girl named Rin. Meanwhile, within the royal palace in the bustling capital city, the songstress Finis spends her days in solitude.
- Elf Yamada of ‘Eromanga Sensei’ is Getting Her Own Spinoff Manga
- World Cosplay Summit to Happen on July 28 to August 5 in Nagoya, Japan!
- A Life-Size Kuroneko Statue is up for only 10 Limited Pre-Orders!
- New ‘Beyblade Burst’ Mobile Game to Release This Fall
- Sony to Halt Production of PS Vita Game Cards
- Nintendo Switch Version for 'Okami HD' Game to be Released on August 9 in Japan and West Region
- Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long Featured in New Trailers of 'BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle'!
- ‘Beyblade Burst Battle Zero’ Game to be Released in Japan on October 25 for the Nintendo Switch
- Yoshihiro Kuroiwa, ‘Zenki’ Manga Artist Passes Away
- Cryptocurrency “Otaku Coin” to Launch This Summer or Fall
- Latest ‘Detective Conan’ Movie Still Remains Number 1 at the Japanese Box Office!
- Fighting Game Classic ‘Guilty Gear’ is Coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam!
- New Original Anime TO BE HEROINE to air on May 19!
- An Enjoyable Food and Fantasy Story: "Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi"
- First Impression: Lost Song
- Making its way to Japanese Theaters this October is "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Detonation"
- A Collaboration Poster is Released for the Detective Conan and Gundam: The Origin Films
- One Piece's Mother Carmel is to be Voiced by Fumi Hirano