An official visual has been released for Jiro Sato’s yet-to-be specified role in the upcoming sequel to the live-action “Gintama” film. Posted on the film’s official website, the visual is noted to be a parody of “The Godfather Part II.
For the first film, Sato had played the role of Takechi Henpeita. Henpeita is a member of the Kiheitai, an extremist Joui faction bent on causing world destruction. Known as the strategist of the group, he holds the title of “weirdo strategist.”
Sato will be taking on a different role in the sequel film but as stated, there is no confirmation yet on what his role is. As for the other cast, Shun Oguri, Masaki Suda, and Kanna Hashimoto will be making their return as Gintoki Sakata, Shinpachi Shimura, and Kagura, respectively. Other than this it is confirmed that the film will be making its debut in Japan on August 17.
The first live-action film of the “Gintama” franchise had its release last July and had garnered a large success. In its first four days, the film had earned 980 million yen (US$8.9 million). From the film, a live-action net show was made and opened on Docomo’s dTV streaming service one day after the film’s opening.
Most recently the film had a DVD, Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack, and Digital HD release by Well Go USA on March 6.
“Gintama” first made its debut as a manga written and illustrated by Hideaki Sorachi. Beginning on December 8, 2003, it was serialized in Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump and gained around 72 volumes so far. The series was first adapted into an OVA by Sunrise and was featured at Jump Festa 2006 Anime Tour in 2005.
It was in April 2006, that the official anime for the series made its release. The series currently runs with around 356 episodes so far. Set in an alternate Edo where aliens known as Amanto have taken over, the story takes focus on one Gintoki Sakata. A samurai who works as a freelancer, he and his friends Shinpachi Shimura and Kagura form “Yorozuya” r literally “The Anything Store” in order to pay rent and end up in various adventures.
What We See so Far - "Heaven's Design Team"Dec 1, 10amSynopsis In this world, new and different animals are created by Heaven's Animal Design Department. Similar to working on commissions, these angels/designers spend their days coming up with new animal designs while contending with the unreasonable requests of their client: God.
- Shout Factory to Release ‘Perfect Blue’ Home Video on March 2019!
- Mamoru Hosoda’s ‘Mirai’ Nominated for the Golden Globes and Critics’ Choice Awards
- Aggretsuko Anime is Getting a Christmas Episode on December 20!
- An Interesting Cooking Drama: "Chef: Mitsuboshi no Kyushoku"
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighting has Persona 5 Protagonist Joker Joining In
- A Mystery Drama for Animal Lovers: "MPD: Animal Unit"
- Yowamushi Pedal and Sanrio Team up for a Collaboration Cafe
- The Release of the My Sister, My Writer DVD/Blu-ray Delays by Two Months
- ‘Hypnosis Microphone’ is the Most Popular Voice Actor Account in Twitter Japan
- A New PV and Character Designs are Out for the New Fruits Basket
- English Cast Announced for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Anime Film
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Wins in PlayStation Awards 2018
- Preparations are Set for the Addition of Trainer Battles in Pokemon Go!
- Cardcaptor Sakura and The Girl in Twilight Enter a Collaboration
- 3 Episode Impression: "Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai"
- A General Impression on: Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san
- The Frame Arms Girl Sequel Film is Set for June 2019
- A Kemono Friends Credit Card is Now Offered by VISA