An official visual has been released for Jiro Sato’s yet-to-be specified role in the upcoming sequel to the live-action “Gintama” film. Posted on the film’s official website, the visual is noted to be a parody of “The Godfather Part II.
For the first film, Sato had played the role of Takechi Henpeita. Henpeita is a member of the Kiheitai, an extremist Joui faction bent on causing world destruction. Known as the strategist of the group, he holds the title of “weirdo strategist.”
Sato will be taking on a different role in the sequel film but as stated, there is no confirmation yet on what his role is. As for the other cast, Shun Oguri, Masaki Suda, and Kanna Hashimoto will be making their return as Gintoki Sakata, Shinpachi Shimura, and Kagura, respectively. Other than this it is confirmed that the film will be making its debut in Japan on August 17.
The first live-action film of the “Gintama” franchise had its release last July and had garnered a large success. In its first four days, the film had earned 980 million yen (US$8.9 million). From the film, a live-action net show was made and opened on Docomo’s dTV streaming service one day after the film’s opening.
Most recently the film had a DVD, Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack, and Digital HD release by Well Go USA on March 6.
“Gintama” first made its debut as a manga written and illustrated by Hideaki Sorachi. Beginning on December 8, 2003, it was serialized in Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump and gained around 72 volumes so far. The series was first adapted into an OVA by Sunrise and was featured at Jump Festa 2006 Anime Tour in 2005.
It was in April 2006, that the official anime for the series made its release. The series currently runs with around 356 episodes so far. Set in an alternate Edo where aliens known as Amanto have taken over, the story takes focus on one Gintoki Sakata. A samurai who works as a freelancer, he and his friends Shinpachi Shimura and Kagura form “Yorozuya” r literally “The Anything Store” in order to pay rent and end up in various adventures.
‘Non Non Biyori’ Anime is Getting a Third Season! May 12, 10pmIt was announced on Saturday during the “Nyanpasu Matsuri Vacation Nanon”. event that the anime series Non Non Biyori is getting a third season. A promotional video on the announcement of the anime’s third season was also uploaded on the series' official website.
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles
- 2nd ‘Made in Abyss’ Compilation Film to Premiere in the US on May 27!
- More Game Trailers Released for ‘Samurai Shodown’ Video Game
- Toonami Block Adds Attack on Titan Season 3, Airs Half an Hour Earlier Starting May 25
- Viz Media Announces English Dub Cast for Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars Blu-ray Release
- Jesus and Buddha Frolic Around Akihabara in New Saint Young Men Teaser
- New Fruits Basket Bonus Manga to be Bundled With 1st DVD/Blu-ray of the Series
- ‘Non Non Biyori’ Anime is Getting a Third Season!
- ‘The Promised Neverland’ Manga will Take a 1-Week Break