The martial art series “Baki” now has a new 80-second PV featuring the “Most Evil Death Row Convicts” arc for the anime. In it is the introduction of the cast for the five death row convicts who have come to Tokyo to challenge the strongest man Baki.
Included in the cast is Banjou Ginga, the voice behind Yosaku in “Toriko” playing as Dorian. Dorian is described as an American convict that escaped from Argathos prison after being hanged. He is skilled in Chinese Kenpo and also knows a form of hypnosis to cloud his opponents’ senses and allows him to defeat them.
Playing the role of Doyle a.k.a. Hector Doyle, is Takehito Koyasu, a voice actor known for his role as Zeke Yeager in the third season of “Attack on Titan”. His character is described as a British convict who escaped after surviving his execution on the electric chair. It is noted that while he is a serial killer, he holds a kinder and more normal side to him.
Kenjiro Tsuda who is recognized for his role in “Yu-Gi-Oh!” as Seto Kaiba, takes on the role of the Russian convict who escaped from Evanse prison in Russia, Sikorsky. He is described to be inhumanly strong to the point of cut through a person’s flesh using only his knuckles and finger strength.
Speck, who is described as a psychotic serial killer with a malevolent sense of humor will be played by Chafurin, the voice behind Inspector Megure in the “Case Closed” series. Speck is an American convict who escaped from a Florida state prison, located 200 feet underwater in a giant submarine.
Voicing the role of Yanagi Ryuukou is Issei Futamata, the voice actor behind Kensei Ma in “Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple”. Physically, Yanagi is the shortest of the convicts, however, he is the deadliest of the group. Known as a Japanese convict who escapes from being enclosed in rocket-proof special glass, Yanagi’s crime is the only one known. A practitioner of a special martial art called Way of the Void, he had killed a dozen men in prison as a test bed for his new skill.
The anime is set to be streamed on Netflix first for the Japanese audience in summer 2018. Following this, the 26-episode series will be released for international audiences in fall. Directing the series is Toshiki Hirano and taking charge of the series composition is Tatsuhiko Urahata. As for the character designs, Fujio Suzuki will be taking on the role.
“Baki” is the sequel series of the 1991 manga series, “Baki the Grappler” by Keisuke Itagaki. It was serialized in Weekly Shōnen Champion from 1999 to 2005 and collected into 31 volumes. The series featured the tale of Baki, a young man who has trained in hopes that he can be a powerful warrior like his father. Though he has gone through many battles, upon facing his father, he is beaten soundlessly.
Now after traveling the world to continue his training, he battles in an underground fighting arena where he fights some of the most powerful fighters of all styles of martial arts and hones his skills.
Source: Crunchyroll News
First Impression: Captain Tsubasa (2018)May 12, 10amSynopsis 11-year-old Tsubasa Oozora is an elementary student who has a deep love for soccer ever since he was young. Aiming to become a top soccer player, Tsubasa moves with his mother to Nankatsu city, which is well-known for its excellent elementary school soccer teams.
First Impression: Lost SongMay 13, 12pmSynopsis In a verdant frontier village, there lives an energetic girl named Rin. Meanwhile, within the royal palace in the bustling capital city, the songstress Finis spends her days in solitude.
- Elf Yamada of ‘Eromanga Sensei’ is Getting Her Own Spinoff Manga
- World Cosplay Summit to Happen on July 28 to August 5 in Nagoya, Japan!
- A Life-Size Kuroneko Statue is up for only 10 Limited Pre-Orders!
- New ‘Beyblade Burst’ Mobile Game to Release This Fall
- Sony to Halt Production of PS Vita Game Cards
- Nintendo Switch Version for 'Okami HD' Game to be Released on August 9 in Japan and West Region
- Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long Featured in New Trailers of 'BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle'!
- ‘Beyblade Burst Battle Zero’ Game to be Released in Japan on October 25 for the Nintendo Switch
- Yoshihiro Kuroiwa, ‘Zenki’ Manga Artist Passes Away
- Cryptocurrency “Otaku Coin” to Launch This Summer or Fall
- Latest ‘Detective Conan’ Movie Still Remains Number 1 at the Japanese Box Office!
- Fighting Game Classic ‘Guilty Gear’ is Coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam!
- New Original Anime TO BE HEROINE to air on May 19!
- An Enjoyable Food and Fantasy Story: "Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi"
- First Impression: Lost Song
- Making its way to Japanese Theaters this October is "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Detonation"
- A Collaboration Poster is Released for the Detective Conan and Gundam: The Origin Films
- One Piece's Mother Carmel is to be Voiced by Fumi Hirano