The martial art series “Baki” now has a new 80-second PV featuring the “Most Evil Death Row Convicts” arc for the anime. In it is the introduction of the cast for the five death row convicts who have come to Tokyo to challenge the strongest man Baki.
Included in the cast is Banjou Ginga, the voice behind Yosaku in “Toriko” playing as Dorian. Dorian is described as an American convict that escaped from Argathos prison after being hanged. He is skilled in Chinese Kenpo and also knows a form of hypnosis to cloud his opponents’ senses and allows him to defeat them.
Playing the role of Doyle a.k.a. Hector Doyle, is Takehito Koyasu, a voice actor known for his role as Zeke Yeager in the third season of “Attack on Titan”. His character is described as a British convict who escaped after surviving his execution on the electric chair. It is noted that while he is a serial killer, he holds a kinder and more normal side to him.
Kenjiro Tsuda who is recognized for his role in “Yu-Gi-Oh!” as Seto Kaiba, takes on the role of the Russian convict who escaped from Evanse prison in Russia, Sikorsky. He is described to be inhumanly strong to the point of cut through a person’s flesh using only his knuckles and finger strength.
Speck, who is described as a psychotic serial killer with a malevolent sense of humor will be played by Chafurin, the voice behind Inspector Megure in the “Case Closed” series. Speck is an American convict who escaped from a Florida state prison, located 200 feet underwater in a giant submarine.
Voicing the role of Yanagi Ryuukou is Issei Futamata, the voice actor behind Kensei Ma in “Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple”. Physically, Yanagi is the shortest of the convicts, however, he is the deadliest of the group. Known as a Japanese convict who escapes from being enclosed in rocket-proof special glass, Yanagi’s crime is the only one known. A practitioner of a special martial art called Way of the Void, he had killed a dozen men in prison as a test bed for his new skill.
The anime is set to be streamed on Netflix first for the Japanese audience in summer 2018. Following this, the 26-episode series will be released for international audiences in fall. Directing the series is Toshiki Hirano and taking charge of the series composition is Tatsuhiko Urahata. As for the character designs, Fujio Suzuki will be taking on the role.
“Baki” is the sequel series of the 1991 manga series, “Baki the Grappler” by Keisuke Itagaki. It was serialized in Weekly Shōnen Champion from 1999 to 2005 and collected into 31 volumes. The series featured the tale of Baki, a young man who has trained in hopes that he can be a powerful warrior like his father. Though he has gone through many battles, upon facing his father, he is beaten soundlessly.
Now after traveling the world to continue his training, he battles in an underground fighting arena where he fights some of the most powerful fighters of all styles of martial arts and hones his skills.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Ingress Anime Reveals Kizuna Ai as a Guest StarOct 18, 11amAn unexpected collaborative video is released featuring Virtual YouTuber Kizuna Ai communicating with ADA, the AI entity from smartphone game turned anime “Ingress.” It has been confirmed that the AI will be making an appearance in the 9th episode of the anime.
A Second Look: "Isekai Yakkyoku"Oct 14, 3amSynopsis A young pharmacologist and researcher who entered into the world of medicine for the sake of his sister who had passed away from cancer end up passing away himself due to overworking. Rather than ending up in the afterlife, however, he finds himself reincarnated as a 10-year-old boy named Falma in Medieval Parallel Europe.
First Episode Impression: "Anima Yell!"Oct 14, 9amSynopsis Kohane Hatoya is a cheerful girl who loves helping others. During her move from middle school to high school, she one day comes across a cheerleading squad and becomes inspired by it. Now upon entering high school, Kohane makes the decision to start a cheerleading club.
First Episode Impression: "Himote House"Oct 14, 6amSynopsis This is a tale that involves five girls and one cat living together in Nakano, Tokyo. First, there are Tokiyo, Kinami, and Kokoro Himote, three sisters whose family manages the "Himote House.
- The Saint Seiya Spin-Off Saintia Shō Stream Begins on December 10
- The Character Designs for "Stand My Heroes" are Revealed
- Ingress Anime Reveals Kizuna Ai as a Guest Star
- Tatsunoko Celebrates its 55th Anniversary with an Original Anime
- This High-End Statue of Alphonse Elric is a Must-Have for any Fullmetal Alchemist Fan!
- New Details Revealed for Upcoming 2019 Doraemon Film, Movie to Premiere on March 1
- Production IMS, creator of ‘Date A Live II’ and ‘Haifuri’ Anime Series is Now Bankrupt
- Ending in November is the Chihayafuru Chūgakusei-hen Spinoff Manga
- Strike The Blood III OVA Confirmed to Have 10 Episodes
- First Episode Impression: "Anima Yell!"
- First Episode Impression: "Himote House"
- First Episode Impression: "Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san"
- A Second Look: "Isekai Yakkyoku"
- A Call for Cute Cat Pics is Made by "Dokyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki Atama no Ue"
- A Condition is Set for the Dropkick on My Devil! 2nd Season Green Light
- What We See so Far - "Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya"
- A Supernatural Story that Could Have Been Better: "Miyori no Mori"
- Final Thoughts on: "First Episode Impression: Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjo"