The martial art series “Baki” now has a new 80-second PV featuring the “Most Evil Death Row Convicts” arc for the anime. In it is the introduction of the cast for the five death row convicts who have come to Tokyo to challenge the strongest man Baki.
Included in the cast is Banjou Ginga, the voice behind Yosaku in “Toriko” playing as Dorian. Dorian is described as an American convict that escaped from Argathos prison after being hanged. He is skilled in Chinese Kenpo and also knows a form of hypnosis to cloud his opponents’ senses and allows him to defeat them.
Playing the role of Doyle a.k.a. Hector Doyle, is Takehito Koyasu, a voice actor known for his role as Zeke Yeager in the third season of “Attack on Titan”. His character is described as a British convict who escaped after surviving his execution on the electric chair. It is noted that while he is a serial killer, he holds a kinder and more normal side to him.
Kenjiro Tsuda who is recognized for his role in “Yu-Gi-Oh!” as Seto Kaiba, takes on the role of the Russian convict who escaped from Evanse prison in Russia, Sikorsky. He is described to be inhumanly strong to the point of cut through a person’s flesh using only his knuckles and finger strength.
Speck, who is described as a psychotic serial killer with a malevolent sense of humor will be played by Chafurin, the voice behind Inspector Megure in the “Case Closed” series. Speck is an American convict who escaped from a Florida state prison, located 200 feet underwater in a giant submarine.
Voicing the role of Yanagi Ryuukou is Issei Futamata, the voice actor behind Kensei Ma in “Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple”. Physically, Yanagi is the shortest of the convicts, however, he is the deadliest of the group. Known as a Japanese convict who escapes from being enclosed in rocket-proof special glass, Yanagi’s crime is the only one known. A practitioner of a special martial art called Way of the Void, he had killed a dozen men in prison as a test bed for his new skill.
The anime is set to be streamed on Netflix first for the Japanese audience in summer 2018. Following this, the 26-episode series will be released for international audiences in fall. Directing the series is Toshiki Hirano and taking charge of the series composition is Tatsuhiko Urahata. As for the character designs, Fujio Suzuki will be taking on the role.
“Baki” is the sequel series of the 1991 manga series, “Baki the Grappler” by Keisuke Itagaki. It was serialized in Weekly Shōnen Champion from 1999 to 2005 and collected into 31 volumes. The series featured the tale of Baki, a young man who has trained in hopes that he can be a powerful warrior like his father. Though he has gone through many battles, upon facing his father, he is beaten soundlessly.
Now after traveling the world to continue his training, he battles in an underground fighting arena where he fights some of the most powerful fighters of all styles of martial arts and hones his skills.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Japanese Voice Actor Unsho Ishizuka Passes AwayAug 17, 11amIt was confirmed in the official website of talent management agency Aoni Production on Friday that Usnho Ishizuka, the man who provided the Japanese voices of Cowboy Bepop’s Jet Black and Pokemon’s Professor Oak has passed away by 67 due to esophageal cancer.
- Japanese Voice Actor Unsho Ishizuka Passes Away
- Eir Aoi and LiSA to Perform Theme Songs of ‘Sword Art Online: Alicization’
- Distribution of ‘Monster Hunter World’ Halted in China
- Family in Indonesia Turns House into Full Doraemon Theme!
- Team Mexico Wins World Cosplay Summit 2018!
- Anime ‘Sword Art Online: Alicization’ to have 1-Hour World Premiere in 7 Countries
- 7 Epic Character Posters Released for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Anime Film!
- PC Browser Game ‘Naruto x Boruto Borutical Generations’ to Launch This Year
- ‘Girly Air Force’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere in Winter 2019!
- Net Anime ‘Robot Girls NEO’ Releases Visual and Promo Video
- ‘My Hero Academia: Two Heroes’ Film Earns 500 Million Yen in its Opening Weekend!
- Performers of Opening and Ending Theme Songs for ‘Hinomaru Zumo’ Anime Series Revealed!
- ‘In This Corner of the World’ Anime Film Producer Takao Asaga Passes Away
- Game Sequel ‘Robotics; Notes DaSH’ to be Released for PS4/Switch in November
- Gameplay Preview Video of ‘Yu Yu Hakusho’ Smartphone Game Released!
- Last Film of ‘Godzilla’ Anime Film Trilogy to Premiere on November 9!
- ‘Pokemon the Movie: The Power of Us’ Anime Film to Premiere in U.S. Theaters in November
- Super Baby Vegeta Featured in New ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ Video