In Kyoto, Japan there is a small bar called “Nobu.” While at first glance it may seem like any other traditional Japanese bar, the truth is, is that the bar is connected to another world and denizens and customers from there seek out the bar’s excellent “Toriaezu Nama” ale and cuisine.
The interesting thing about the work is that it took more on the light novel’s art style rather than the manga. It certainly brought a brought tone to the series and helped in bringing out different scenes such as when the characters enter Nobu and the food is served. Then there is the way that the character’s enjoyment of the food and drinks, which was creative to say the least. Other than this, the series gave a solid introduction and had a slight old style to it in terms of presentation.
As a fan of the manga/novel which this series was adapted from, this is a pretty disappointing adaptation to the work. Not only were there unnecessary aspects added in but the overall tone that made the manga so interesting was completely flipped over here. Honestly, the change in tone and the added effects can be somewhat ignored; what cannot be ignored is the way that it places exaggerations where there shouldn’t be.
An example of this would be when Hans tries hot sake for the first time. In the manga, it was a pretty simple scene that showed how much the character enjoyed simply through his expressions and short description of the drink. Here the anime decided to add an extra scene that had practically revering the drink and having this strange imagery of gods and such being brought out. It was strange and seemed out of place to say the least. Other than this and to a lesser degree was the live portion towards the end and the clear goal of the work.
There are some good points to the work such as its art and creativity, but it doesn’t change the fact that there were multiple points that disappointed this writer. Mainly, that it flipped the tone of the series around and added additional scenes that just seem out of place for the character. However, given that this is an ONA and that it clearly meant to give promotion to izakaya and the meals they offer, there is some understanding on how the work turned out. In the end, only time will tell if this work will improve or whether it will only be the manga that truly shows how great this series actually is.
First Impression: Golden KamuyApr 21, 9pmSynopsis Set in the far northern lands of Japan known as Hokkaido, this is the tale of Sugimoto. Once a soldier in the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era, he had gained the nickname "Invincible Sugimoto.
Melancholic but Sweet: After the RainApr 21, 7amSynopsis High school student Akira Tachibana is a soft-spoken girl who was once an ace of the track team but after an injury, could no longer run as fast and decided to leave the club. Now she works part-time at a family restaurant where on one rainy day, she met and fell in love with it’s manager, a middle-aged man divorcee with a son.
Pirate Manga Site Mangamura Shuts DownApr 18, 1amThe pirated manga site Mangamura was one of the specific website that the Japanese government named as they requested Internet Service Providers in Japan to block these certain sites. As of Tuesday, the website is no longer accessible.
3 Episode Impression: My Sweet TyrantApr 22, 2amSynopsis This is a romantic comedy that follows the daily lives of high school couple Atsuhiro "Akkun" Kagari and Non "Nontan" Katagiri. Akkun is an extreme tsundere who is constantly harsh towards Nontan.
‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!Apr 24, 8amIt’s been a while for one nostalgic series. It was revealed in the Monthly Asuka magazine’s June issue on Tuesday that the D.N. Angel manga is slated to return in its July issue on May 24. A D.
- ‘Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R’ Confirmed to be Released for the Nintendo Switch
- ‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!
- ‘Black Clover’ to have Smartphone Game this Year!
- Ayami Nakajo and ‘Sexy Zone Idol’ Member Kento Nakajima Confirmed to Star in Live-Action ‘Nisekoi’ Film!
- Disney and Technologia School of Magic Present a New Way to Learn Progamming
- 3 Episode Impression: My Sweet Tyrant
- First Impression: Golden Kamuy
- Himouto! Umaru-chan N" Continues With a 2nd Novel
- New Manga Impression: A Story About Treating a Female Knight Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman
- Melancholic but Sweet: After the Rain
- Ending Thoughts: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
- The Upcoming "How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord" Anime has its Main Cast Confirmed
- Gundam's Newest Anime Project Sets After Unicorn
- Get Your Quirks On! ‘My Hero Academia’ to Air on Toonami Next Month!
- New ‘Bleach’ Live-Action Film Trailer Reveals Theme Song to be Performed by Alexandros
- Three DLC Characters are Revealed in New ‘BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle’ Trailer Video
- Smartphone Game ‘Puchiguru Love Live!’ to Release on April 24!
- Mamoru Hosoda Creates A Novelization for Mirai of the Future