Set in a popular Japanese-style café named “Rokuhoudou”, this story star four specialists. They consist of tea specialist and café owner Sui, latte artist Gure, sweets specialist Tsubaki and cooking specialist Tokitaka. With warm smiles on their faces, they not
It’s not the male characters nor the overall one of the episode that makes it a good watch, though they are certainly factors that add to the enjoyment, but rather the art that makes the episode stand out. From the trees to the cafe’s design and most especially the food, it’s the little details that make the episode a visual pleasure. It also helped that there are one or two scenes that show the preparation and how accurate it is.
Other than the visual pleasure, the main characters were interesting in how they interacted with one another and how their dynamic worked. Then there is the female character that the episode took focus on; there was a relatable quality to her and it’s nice how her and the issue that the café was facing tied together. Overall the episode presents a calming work with great art, a relatable aspect.
The only real issues to be found with the episode so far is that the main characters and their personalities are rather predictable from their design alone. As a slice-of-life work that features food and four males working in a café and helping people, it may not appeal to a huge range of people. What’s more, aside from the aesthetics and concept, there isn’t anything really new with this series in comparison to other series that feature Japanese food and people connecting over it.
What’s more, the pacing of the episode may come off as a bit slow and the comedy may not always hit the mark for some. Then there is the character focus of the episode, while she did have a relatable problem, it would have been nice if there was just a tad more character exploration done for her other than her position and how she tries not to get distracted by the food.
If you’re looking for a series that features amazing looking Japanese food, some lovely eye-candy and an overall tone that makes for a great breather, this is the series. As stated, it is the little details found in the art that make the episode a good watch, but the way that the characters were portrayed, and the tone certainly helped. From what was shown so far though the male characters are rather predictable, and the pacing and comedy may not be for everyone. While it may not be great, it is an enjoyable work to check out at least.
First Impression: Golden KamuyApr 21, 9pmSynopsis Set in the far northern lands of Japan known as Hokkaido, this is the tale of Sugimoto. Once a soldier in the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era, he had gained the nickname "Invincible Sugimoto.
Melancholic but Sweet: After the RainApr 21, 7amSynopsis High school student Akira Tachibana is a soft-spoken girl who was once an ace of the track team but after an injury, could no longer run as fast and decided to leave the club. Now she works part-time at a family restaurant where on one rainy day, she met and fell in love with it’s manager, a middle-aged man divorcee with a son.
Pirate Manga Site Mangamura Shuts DownApr 18, 1amThe pirated manga site Mangamura was one of the specific website that the Japanese government named as they requested Internet Service Providers in Japan to block these certain sites. As of Tuesday, the website is no longer accessible.
3 Episode Impression: My Sweet TyrantApr 22, 2amSynopsis This is a romantic comedy that follows the daily lives of high school couple Atsuhiro "Akkun" Kagari and Non "Nontan" Katagiri. Akkun is an extreme tsundere who is constantly harsh towards Nontan.
‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!Apr 24, 8amIt’s been a while for one nostalgic series. It was revealed in the Monthly Asuka magazine’s June issue on Tuesday that the D.N. Angel manga is slated to return in its July issue on May 24. A D.
- ‘Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R’ Confirmed to be Released for the Nintendo Switch
- ‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!
- ‘Black Clover’ to have Smartphone Game this Year!
- Ayami Nakajo and ‘Sexy Zone Idol’ Member Kento Nakajima Confirmed to Star in Live-Action ‘Nisekoi’ Film!
- Disney and Technologia School of Magic Present a New Way to Learn Progamming
- 3 Episode Impression: My Sweet Tyrant
- First Impression: Golden Kamuy
- Himouto! Umaru-chan N" Continues With a 2nd Novel
- New Manga Impression: A Story About Treating a Female Knight Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman
- Melancholic but Sweet: After the Rain
- Ending Thoughts: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
- The Upcoming "How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord" Anime has its Main Cast Confirmed
- Gundam's Newest Anime Project Sets After Unicorn
- Get Your Quirks On! ‘My Hero Academia’ to Air on Toonami Next Month!
- New ‘Bleach’ Live-Action Film Trailer Reveals Theme Song to be Performed by Alexandros
- Three DLC Characters are Revealed in New ‘BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle’ Trailer Video
- Smartphone Game ‘Puchiguru Love Live!’ to Release on April 24!
- Mamoru Hosoda Creates A Novelization for Mirai of the Future