The “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” a.k.a.“Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii” anime official website has listed the series to have 11 episodes and four home videos. Shipment for the home videos will be spanning from July to October with a once a month release.
Adapted from the webmanga series written and illustrated by Fujita, “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” made its premiere on April 12 at 25:55 (effectively Friday, April 13 at 1:55 a.m.) in the Noitamina timeslot on Fuji TV and other channels. Along with the broadcast release of the series there is an exclusive streaming of the work on Amazon Prime Video and other venues in Japan and overseas.
The story of the series is an awkward comedy romance that takes focus on Narumi, a female office worker who hides her fujoshi lifestyle, and Hirotaka, a handsome and capable company man who is unashamed of his gaming otaku ways and Narumi’s childhood friend. After quitting her job due to personal reasons, Narumi coincidentally got a job in the same company as Hirotaka.
After a night of drinking, Narumi ranting on her love life and playing video games together, Hirotaka in a rather round about way, relays his feelings and thus begins their unexpected story as a couple. More than being about this two however, this story also tells of the relationship story between the Hanako Koyanagi, an otaku cosplayer who is also a fujoshi and cosplays as a male and her partner Tarou Kabakura an otaku of a lesser degree who is into heroes and bishoujo.
Acting as both director and series composer for the series is Yoshimasa Hiraike, the director behind “Nyanko Days.” He is working at A-1 Pictures along with character designer Takahiro Yasuda and music composer Akimitsu Honma.
For the opening theme of the series, it is titled “Fiction” and performed by the four-man band sumika. The ending theme on the other hand, is titled “Kimi no Tonari”/“Next to You” and is performed by singer halca.
As for the cast they include:
Arisa Date as Narumi Momose
Kent Itō as Hirotaka Nifuji
Miyuki Sawashiro as Hanako Koyanagi
Tomokazu Sugita as Tarō Kabakura
Yuuki Kaji as Naoya Nifuji, Hirotaka’s younger brother who is not an otaku
Aoi Yūki as Kō Sakuragi, an introvert gamer who apologizes a lot
First Impression: Golden KamuyApr 21, 9pmSynopsis Set in the far northern lands of Japan known as Hokkaido, this is the tale of Sugimoto. Once a soldier in the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era, he had gained the nickname "Invincible Sugimoto.
Melancholic but Sweet: After the RainApr 21, 7amSynopsis High school student Akira Tachibana is a soft-spoken girl who was once an ace of the track team but after an injury, could no longer run as fast and decided to leave the club. Now she works part-time at a family restaurant where on one rainy day, she met and fell in love with it’s manager, a middle-aged man divorcee with a son.
Pirate Manga Site Mangamura Shuts DownApr 18, 1amThe pirated manga site Mangamura was one of the specific website that the Japanese government named as they requested Internet Service Providers in Japan to block these certain sites. As of Tuesday, the website is no longer accessible.
3 Episode Impression: My Sweet TyrantApr 22, 2amSynopsis This is a romantic comedy that follows the daily lives of high school couple Atsuhiro "Akkun" Kagari and Non "Nontan" Katagiri. Akkun is an extreme tsundere who is constantly harsh towards Nontan.
‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!Apr 24, 8amIt’s been a while for one nostalgic series. It was revealed in the Monthly Asuka magazine’s June issue on Tuesday that the D.N. Angel manga is slated to return in its July issue on May 24. A D.
- ‘Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R’ Confirmed to be Released for the Nintendo Switch
- ‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!
- ‘Black Clover’ to have Smartphone Game this Year!
- Ayami Nakajo and ‘Sexy Zone Idol’ Member Kento Nakajima Confirmed to Star in Live-Action ‘Nisekoi’ Film!
- Disney and Technologia School of Magic Present a New Way to Learn Progamming
- 3 Episode Impression: My Sweet Tyrant
- First Impression: Golden Kamuy
- Himouto! Umaru-chan N" Continues With a 2nd Novel
- New Manga Impression: A Story About Treating a Female Knight Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman
- Melancholic but Sweet: After the Rain
- Ending Thoughts: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
- The Upcoming "How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord" Anime has its Main Cast Confirmed
- Gundam's Newest Anime Project Sets After Unicorn
- Get Your Quirks On! ‘My Hero Academia’ to Air on Toonami Next Month!
- New ‘Bleach’ Live-Action Film Trailer Reveals Theme Song to be Performed by Alexandros
- Three DLC Characters are Revealed in New ‘BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle’ Trailer Video
- Smartphone Game ‘Puchiguru Love Live!’ to Release on April 24!
- Mamoru Hosoda Creates A Novelization for Mirai of the Future