Learn more on Mamoru Hosoda’s new “Mirai no Mirai” a.k.a. “Mirai of the Future” as further cast details have been revealed by Studio Chizu.
Set to be released on July 20 in Japan, though it had originally been meant for May, the film will be having a 100-minute runtime. Hosoda, who is credited for the original story, acts as the director of the film. Having worked on Hosoda’s earlier films, Yuichiro Saito will be once more acting as a producer.
Also working once more with Hosoda as animation directors are Hiroyuki Aoyama Ayako Hata, both who previously worked on “The Girl Who Leapt Through Time”, “Summer Wars” and “The Boy and The Beast” as animation director and key animator respectively. Included in the returning staff are “The Boy and The Beast’s” art directors Yohei Takamatsu and Takashi Omori.
With the cast, starting from left to right in the top row they are as follows:
Moka Kamishiraishi as Kun-chan
Haru Kuroki as Mirai-chan
Then from left to right in the bottom row are:
Yoshiko Miyazaki as Grandmother
Gen Hoshino as Father
Kōji Yakusho as Grandfather
Kumiko Asou as Mother
Mitsuo Yoshihara as Mysterious Man
The story of the film takes focus on spoiled four-year-old boy named Kun-chan. When his family receives an addition in the form of a little sister named Mirai, things begin to change for him. Feeling that hat his new sister stole his parents’ love from him, Kun-chan finds himself being overwhelmed by many experiences he undergoes for the first time in his life. As he undergoes all these new emotions however, another surprise drops on him the in the form of an older version of Mirai, who has come from the future.
Initially, the film was said to be set in an obscure corner of a certain city. Recently it was revealed by Hosoda that the film would actually be set in Yokohama, “somewhere uptown, near Isago and Kanazawa wards.” No specification was made on the importance of the setting to the plot, but it would be an important part to a past event of the family.
When the film was first revealed, Hosoda relayed the the film is inspired by by his own experience as a father. He noted that “Mirai”, which can be translated as “future”, is the name of both the sister character in the film, as well as his own daughter. He also noted that the film would be more of a human drama work like “Wolf Children” rather than an action story like “Summer Wars.”
Currently the film is set to open in 57 countries.
First Impression: Golden KamuyApr 21, 9pmSynopsis Set in the far northern lands of Japan known as Hokkaido, this is the tale of Sugimoto. Once a soldier in the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era, he had gained the nickname "Invincible Sugimoto.
Melancholic but Sweet: After the RainApr 21, 7amSynopsis High school student Akira Tachibana is a soft-spoken girl who was once an ace of the track team but after an injury, could no longer run as fast and decided to leave the club. Now she works part-time at a family restaurant where on one rainy day, she met and fell in love with it’s manager, a middle-aged man divorcee with a son.
Pirate Manga Site Mangamura Shuts DownApr 18, 1amThe pirated manga site Mangamura was one of the specific website that the Japanese government named as they requested Internet Service Providers in Japan to block these certain sites. As of Tuesday, the website is no longer accessible.
3 Episode Impression: My Sweet TyrantApr 22, 2amSynopsis This is a romantic comedy that follows the daily lives of high school couple Atsuhiro "Akkun" Kagari and Non "Nontan" Katagiri. Akkun is an extreme tsundere who is constantly harsh towards Nontan.
‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!Apr 24, 8amIt’s been a while for one nostalgic series. It was revealed in the Monthly Asuka magazine’s June issue on Tuesday that the D.N. Angel manga is slated to return in its July issue on May 24. A D.
- ‘Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R’ Confirmed to be Released for the Nintendo Switch
- ‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!
- ‘Black Clover’ to have Smartphone Game this Year!
- Ayami Nakajo and ‘Sexy Zone Idol’ Member Kento Nakajima Confirmed to Star in Live-Action ‘Nisekoi’ Film!
- Disney and Technologia School of Magic Present a New Way to Learn Progamming
- 3 Episode Impression: My Sweet Tyrant
- First Impression: Golden Kamuy
- Himouto! Umaru-chan N" Continues With a 2nd Novel
- New Manga Impression: A Story About Treating a Female Knight Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman
- Melancholic but Sweet: After the Rain
- Ending Thoughts: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
- The Upcoming "How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord" Anime has its Main Cast Confirmed
- Gundam's Newest Anime Project Sets After Unicorn
- Get Your Quirks On! ‘My Hero Academia’ to Air on Toonami Next Month!
- New ‘Bleach’ Live-Action Film Trailer Reveals Theme Song to be Performed by Alexandros
- Three DLC Characters are Revealed in New ‘BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle’ Trailer Video
- Smartphone Game ‘Puchiguru Love Live!’ to Release on April 24!
- Mamoru Hosoda Creates A Novelization for Mirai of the Future