An announcement and official visual was posted in the official Twitter account for the anime adaptation of Karakuri Circus on Wednesday.
In relation to this, Human Academy is hosting auditions in May for the leading voice role of protagonist Masaru Saiga. Professional voice actors as well as starting hopefuls can apply for the auditions before April 30.
Based on the manga by Kazuhiro Fujita, Karakuri Cirus is about fifth-grader became puppeteer named Masaru Saiga. After his father who is a CEO of a giant telephone maker passed away, he inherits a total of 18 billion yen and is been a targeted due to his immense wealth.
He is saved by two people namely Narumi Kato, a man who studies Kung-Fu and has a weird illness called “Zonapha Syndrome” and Shirogane who is a woman with silver hair and controls the Arurukan (Harlequin) the puppet. As the story goes on, the three of them get into so many conspiracies from those who wanted to steal Masaru’s wealth.
The manga original ran in Weekly Shonen Sunday from 1997 to 2006 compiled in a total of 43 volumes. A new wide edition was published by Shogakukuan with a total of 23 volumes from 2011 to 2013. The manga has released more than 15 million copies in print.
Source: Comic Natalie
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App
- An 'Unprecedented Important Announcement' is Coming up for the Baki Franchise on June 9