If you haven’t watched the anime movie In This Corner of the World, here’s some good news. The popular video streaming platform Netflix with be adding the movie to its streaming list on March 15.
The film will be available on the following countries: United States, Japan, Canada, and some selected countries and territories. Netflix has already streamed the film trailer in which is you can watch below:
The film won the Fujimoto Award, the Minister (Daijin) Prize from the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Kinema Jumpo magazine’s best Japanese movie of the year, Hiroshima Peace Film Award during the Horishima International Film Festival, Jury Award in the Feature Film Category at Annecy, and the Japan Academy Prize for Animation of the Year.
The film won the Theatrical Anime Division at the Tokyo Anime Award Festival and was nominated as Best Animated Feature-Independent for the 45th Annual Annie Awards. It was also being one of the 26 film submitted for consideration for the 90th Acadamy Awards but in the end was not nominated.
The movie follows a young lady named Suzu Urano, who in 1944 moves to the small town of Kure in Hiroshima to live with her husband’s family. Her life is thrown into chaos when her town is bombed during World War II. Her perseverance and courage underpin this heart-warming and inspirational tale of the everyday challenges faced by the Japanese in the midst of a violent, war-torn country. This beautiful yet poignant tale shows that even in the face of adversity and loss, people can come together and rebuild their lives.
Source: MoCa News
See also: Top 5 Manga to Check Out This Week
What We See so Far - "Heaven's Design Team"Dec 1, 10amSynopsis In this world, new and different animals are created by Heaven's Animal Design Department. Similar to working on commissions, these angels/designers spend their days coming up with new animal designs while contending with the unreasonable requests of their client: God.
General Impression: "Jingai-san no Yome"Nov 25, 9pmSynopsis High school student Tomari Hinowa was just a normal kid. That is until he is told one day that he is to become the wife of a mysterious creature called Kanenogi. Thus begins Tomari’s new life as a married student while trying to learn more about his mysterious partner.
- ‘Hypnosis Microphone’ is the Most Popular Voice Actor Account in Twitter Japan
- English Cast Announced for ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ Anime Film
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Wins in PlayStation Awards 2018
- Cardcaptor Sakura and The Girl in Twilight Enter a Collaboration
- A Kemono Friends Credit Card is Now Offered by VISA
- What We See so Far - "Heaven's Design Team"
- What We see so Far - "They Say I Was Born a King's Daughter"
- Ryōma Takeuchi Stars in the Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Live-Action Film's Japanese Dub
- Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! Receives a Collaboration Cafe
- A Light Novel Recommendation: "Tensei Shitanode Tsugi Koso wa Shiawasena Jinsei wo Tsukande Misemashou"
- Pop Team Epic Takes on Smart Phone Gacha Gaming
- Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File Reveals a New Visual and Cast Member
- Pastel Memories Gains a Manga Adaptation Coming December
- Netflix Announces Live-Action ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Series in the Works
- New ‘Jump Force’ Game Trailer Features Kenshin and Shishio from ‘Rurouni Kenshin’!
- Deku Midoriya’s Popularity Drops in Recent ‘My Hero Academia’ Poll
- ‘A Silent Voice’ Anime Film to Rescreen in January
- Crowdfunding for ‘Spice & Wolf’ VR Anime Hits Goal in just 2 Hours