If you haven’t watched the anime movie In This Corner of the World, here’s some good news. The popular video streaming platform Netflix with be adding the movie to its streaming list on March 15.
The film will be available on the following countries: United States, Japan, Canada, and some selected countries and territories. Netflix has already streamed the film trailer in which is you can watch below:
The film won the Fujimoto Award, the Minister (Daijin) Prize from the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Kinema Jumpo magazine’s best Japanese movie of the year, Hiroshima Peace Film Award during the Horishima International Film Festival, Jury Award in the Feature Film Category at Annecy, and the Japan Academy Prize for Animation of the Year.
The film won the Theatrical Anime Division at the Tokyo Anime Award Festival and was nominated as Best Animated Feature-Independent for the 45th Annual Annie Awards. It was also being one of the 26 film submitted for consideration for the 90th Acadamy Awards but in the end was not nominated.
The movie follows a young lady named Suzu Urano, who in 1944 moves to the small town of Kure in Hiroshima to live with her husband’s family. Her life is thrown into chaos when her town is bombed during World War II. Her perseverance and courage underpin this heart-warming and inspirational tale of the everyday challenges faced by the Japanese in the midst of a violent, war-torn country. This beautiful yet poignant tale shows that even in the face of adversity and loss, people can come together and rebuild their lives.
Source: MoCa News
- 4 Great Anime Films to Premiere in L.A.’s Animation is Film Festival in October!
- Smartphone Game ‘Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Happiness Memories’ to be Released In 2019!
- The Royal Tutor Returns with a Film Coming February 2019
- Sega Delays the Release of ‘Mega Drive Mini’ Console to 2019, Plans for Global Release
- The Detective Conan Manga Announces a 9 - Week Break
- Release of ‘One Piece: World Seeker’ Game Delayed to 2019
- Anime Series ‘Tsurune’ to Air on October 14!
- Former 'Morning Musume' Idol Hitomi Yoshizawa is Arrested for Suspected Hit-and-Run
- Nintendo Switch Dominates Japan with Over 5 Million Units Sold!
- Anime Film ‘I Want to Eat Your Pancreas’ Conquers Opening Week Earning 100 Million Yen!
- ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Manga Returns on September 22 After a 5-Month Hiatus
- New ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Smartphone Game Announced!
- Anime Adaptation for ‘Madoka Magica’s Magia Record’ RPG Game Confirmed for 2019!
- Anime Film ‘Night is Short, Walk on Girl’ Earns $350,000 at the U.S. Box Office!
- Wataru Yoshizumi’s ‘Marmalade Boy Little’ Manga to End Next Month
- Momoko Sakura, Creator of ‘Chibi Maruko-chan’ Passes Away at 53
- Netflix Announces a Sequel for the U.S Death Note Film
- The Latest One Piece Film is Set for Summer 2019