If you haven’t watched the anime movie In This Corner of the World, here’s some good news. The popular video streaming platform Netflix with be adding the movie to its streaming list on March 15.
The film will be available on the following countries: United States, Japan, Canada, and some selected countries and territories. Netflix has already streamed the film trailer in which is you can watch below:
The film won the Fujimoto Award, the Minister (Daijin) Prize from the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Kinema Jumpo magazine’s best Japanese movie of the year, Hiroshima Peace Film Award during the Horishima International Film Festival, Jury Award in the Feature Film Category at Annecy, and the Japan Academy Prize for Animation of the Year.
The film won the Theatrical Anime Division at the Tokyo Anime Award Festival and was nominated as Best Animated Feature-Independent for the 45th Annual Annie Awards. It was also being one of the 26 film submitted for consideration for the 90th Acadamy Awards but in the end was not nominated.
The movie follows a young lady named Suzu Urano, who in 1944 moves to the small town of Kure in Hiroshima to live with her husband’s family. Her life is thrown into chaos when her town is bombed during World War II. Her perseverance and courage underpin this heart-warming and inspirational tale of the everyday challenges faced by the Japanese in the midst of a violent, war-torn country. This beautiful yet poignant tale shows that even in the face of adversity and loss, people can come together and rebuild their lives.
Source: MoCa News
Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation Mar 18, 9amMore yuri anime is on the way, it seems, as last Saturday it was announced that time-stopping yuri manga Fragtime will be getting an anime adaptation. The announcement was made in the website opened by publishing company Akira Shoten for the upcoming adaptation of the yuri series.
- Yu Gi Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution to be Released as a Nintendo Switch Exclusive
- HYDE, Wagakki Band, Misia, PuffyAmiYumi to Perform for Japan Night Concert in New York
- Re:ZERO Releases New Visual for 2nd OVA “Frozen Bonds”, Fall Cinematic Release Set
- New Protagonist for Sega’s Yakuza Game Series Announced, New PS4 Game in the Works
- Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro Movie to Get a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Release
- 39th 'Doraemon' Anime Film Remains #1 at the Box Office!
- English Dub Trailer Released for 1st 'Made in Abyss' Compilation Film
- Black Clover and Osomatsu-San Announce Surprise Collaboration
- One Punch Man Season 2 Streams New PV, Previews New OP From JAM Project
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Announces 3rd Season
- Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation
- Fruits Basket Reboot Releases New Visual, Trailer for “1st Season”
- Jiyong to Join 2nd Live-Action ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Film Cast as Itori
- A Graphic Novel Adaptation of ‘Detective Pikachu’ will Also Be Released
- Universal Studios Japan Unveils New Chapter for the Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- Noitamina Block to Air Its First-Ever BL Anime, Given
- 'My Hero Academia' Manga Once Again Tops U.S. Monthly Bookscan List for February
- Visual Novel 'Clannad' is Heading to the Nintendo Switch on July 4