At the D23 Expo Japan event held on Saturday, a new world is revealed for the Kingdom Hearts III game and it is none other than the world of “Monsters, Inc.”
With the reveal of the new world and gameplay for the fantasy work via a trailer with an English-subtitled stream, Square Enix also revealed that Hikaru Utada’s theme song for the
game is titled “Don’t Think Twice” and are streaming a video featuring it.
Also being streamed by Square Enix Japan is the Japanese version of the same theme song, titled “Chikai” which translates to “Oath”.
Other worlds that are featured in the game are the world of “Toy Story”, which includes an original story, “Tangled” and “Big Hero 6.” Outside of the new worlds, the Olympus Coliseum world will be making its return.
In previous reports it was noted by game director Tetsuya Nomura that the game will be having another playable character aside from Sora. The director also stated that they would be giving more focus towards the game’s release for PS4 and Xbox, which is slated for this year, before taking on a Nintendo Switch Release.
It was in 2013 that news of the “Kingdom Hearts III” first came out. Then on May 11, Square Enix announced that it would be slated for release “in the next three years.” The action role-playing video game is the twelfth instalment in the “Kingdom Hearts” series, sequel to “Kingdom Hearts II,” and the final chapter in the Dark Seeker saga.
In terms of story, it takes place after the events of “Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance” and has Sora with Donald Duck, Goofy, King Mickey and Riku all in search for the seven Guardians of Light and the “Key to Return Hearts” in an attempt to thwart Master Xehanort’s plan of bringing about a second Keyblade War.
“Kingdom Hearts” was first released in March 2002 and is described as a series of crossover action role-playing games owned by Disney and developed and published by Square Enix. A
collaboration between Disney Interactive and Square Enix, and is under the direction of Tetsuya Nomura, the game overall consists of nine games available for multiple platforms with future titles already in the works. In the course of its run the game has grown into a considerable media franchise including soundtracks, figurines, companion books, novels and manga series.
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App
- An 'Unprecedented Important Announcement' is Coming up for the Baki Franchise on June 9