An old man lies on his bed and realizes that his time is about to come. Upon realizing this an angel appears before him and informs him that she will be taking him to heaven. Things however, do not turn out as expected…
Does anyone know of a comedy anime/manga where an elderly character is not only interesting but also the main protagonist? Well here’s one; and with just 13 pages this is one manga whose first chapter got this writer into a fit of giggles. It’s short yes but it’s straight to the point and doesn’t pull any back any punches especially when the key hook is revealed. What is that key hook you may ask? Why it’s none other than the old man being a smooth flirt.
You read that right, while the manga begins with him in his bed clearly sick and about to head to heaven. The kicker is not the fact that he’s being picked up by a pretty angel but rather the fact that he actually charms her and manages to escape heaven with a kiss. You would think that the guy would be a plain old man or maybe a surprise super pervert, but instead the manga gives this surprise smooth gentleman which in the opinion of this writer, is amazing.
Honestly this is just a nice change of pace from the usual short comedy manga works and while it may seem like a small thing for some people that a manga is interesting just because the main character is a different kind of old man type, but there is just so much potential to be found with the work and should at least be checked out.The Bad
Being as short as it is, the manga may not appeal to as many people who want a semblance of a plot introduced to them. And when you think about it, the trope of a guy charming himself out of trouble has been done before, the only difference is the guy’s age. Then again, as a first chapter, a manga cannot be judged too negatively, after all, it may just be the prologue of the series and the second chapter is what really begins the story.
What else is to be said? The series holds a lot of potential, it had a simple plot which left this writer grinning till the end and it has an interesting old man of a main character. Sure, it might be too short for other people and there is a trope to be found in the work but again, it’s different and again it has a lot of potential. Whether it be for the comedy or the possible unorthodox romance, this is a short first chapter with every page worth reading.
- 4 Great Anime Films to Premiere in L.A.’s Animation is Film Festival in October!
- Smartphone Game ‘Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Happiness Memories’ to be Released In 2019!
- The Royal Tutor Returns with a Film Coming February 2019
- Sega Delays the Release of ‘Mega Drive Mini’ Console to 2019, Plans for Global Release
- The Detective Conan Manga Announces a 9 - Week Break
- Release of ‘One Piece: World Seeker’ Game Delayed to 2019
- Anime Series ‘Tsurune’ to Air on October 14!
- Former 'Morning Musume' Idol Hitomi Yoshizawa is Arrested for Suspected Hit-and-Run
- Nintendo Switch Dominates Japan with Over 5 Million Units Sold!
- Anime Film ‘I Want to Eat Your Pancreas’ Conquers Opening Week Earning 100 Million Yen!
- ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Manga Returns on September 22 After a 5-Month Hiatus
- New ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Smartphone Game Announced!
- Anime Adaptation for ‘Madoka Magica’s Magia Record’ RPG Game Confirmed for 2019!
- Anime Film ‘Night is Short, Walk on Girl’ Earns $350,000 at the U.S. Box Office!
- Wataru Yoshizumi’s ‘Marmalade Boy Little’ Manga to End Next Month
- Momoko Sakura, Creator of ‘Chibi Maruko-chan’ Passes Away at 53
- Netflix Announces a Sequel for the U.S Death Note Film
- The Latest One Piece Film is Set for Summer 2019