The official cast, staff and theme song artist are out for the upcoming anime series “Piano no Mori’ a.k.a. “The Piano Forest.”
Revealed via its official website, the series will be having Gaku Nakatani as the director and he will be working at Fukushima Gainax. Working on the series composition for the production are Aki Itami, the series composer of “Rainbow Days”, and Mika Abe, the scriptwriter of “Danchi Tomoo.” Sumie Kinoshita, who worked on the character designs of “Girlish Number” will be working as both the character designer and chief animation director of the series.
The ending theme for the series is titled “Kaeru Basho ga Aru to Iu Koto”/”To Have a Place to Come Home to” and will be performed by Aoi Yuuki, the performer behind the second ending theme of “The World God Only Knows.”
Based on the manga created by Makoto Isshiki, the story tells of two completely different boys. One is named Kai, a young boy with a prostitute for a mother and the skills to play a thought to be broken and abandoned piano in the forest. The other is a boy named Shuuhei and the son of two prestigious pianists. While the two are as different as can be with Kai’s boisterous personality and Shuuhei’s serious demeanor, the two discover that they do have one thing in common, a connection to music.
Playing the role of Kai Ichinose is Souma Saitou, who is currently playing the role of Ruze in the shoujo series, “Dame×Prince Anime Caravan.”
Ryoko Shiraishi, known for having played the role of Hayate Ayasaki in “Hayate the Combat Butler” will be playing the role of Kai as a child.
For character Shuuhei Amamiya, Natsuki Hanae, the voice behind Takumi Aldini in “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma” will be taking on his voice.
Voicing the second lead as a child is You Taichi, who voiced as Dorothy in “Princess Principal.”
Last but not least is Junichi Suwabe, the voice of Undertaker in “Black Butler” will be playing as Sousuke Ajino.
The series will be making its debut in April and air on NHK.
As stated, the series is based on the manga of the same name by Makoto Isshiki. It was launched in 1998 under the publication of Kodansha’s Young Magazine Uppers until 2004 when it ceased publication. The series was then picked up by Morning magazine in 2006 and spanned until November 2015. In December 2015, a 26th and final volume of the series was released by Kodansha.
Prior to the anime series, an anime film of the manga was released in 2007 and mainly features the two boys’ meeting and learning their paths on playing the piano as children.
First Impression: Marchen MadhenFeb 5, 12amSynopsis This a story that begins with the meeting of a bookworm and a mage. Hazuki Kagimura is a girl who loves stories and often escapes to them when facing a situation that she’s is not able to handle.
First Impression: Grancrest SenkiFeb 3, 1pmSynopsis In a world where a continent is ruled by “chaos” and “Lords” have the power of a holy seal that can calm the chaos and protect the people. One day two warring factions were about to enter into peace with the union of two youths from both factions.
First Impression: Hakyuu HoushinFeb 4, 8amSynopsis This is a story that once begin as a hero’s story of one young Taikobo finds himself in charge of the mysterious Houshin Project.
New manga impression: Ojiichan shinanaiFeb 5, 11amSynopsis An old man lies on his bed and realizes that his time is about to come. Upon realizing this an angel appears before him and informs him that she will be taking him to heaven. Things however, do not turn out as expected.
First Impression: Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan 2Feb 3, 11amSynopsis The story continues with the Saiki Kusuo, a powerful psychic with all kinds of abilities but only wishes to have a quiet and normal life. This wish is easier said than done however as the people who call themselves his friends are far from normal.
- ‘Persona 5 the Animation' English-Subtitled Promo Video Released!
- 'Attack on Titan 2' Game Highlights Multiplayer Function in New Promotional Video
- New Promo Video Released for ‘Digimon Adventure: tri.: Our Future’ Anime Film
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Sold Over More than 6 Million Physical and Digital Copies Worldwide!
- 'My Hero Academia' Season 3 to have Three More Additional Characters
- Premiering on February 17 is the IDOLiSH7 Vibrato Net Spinoff Anime
- Prepare this Fall for a New ‘Blood-C’ Live-Action film
- New manga impression: Ojiichan shinanai
- Character Designs and New Visuals are Revealed for Upcoming ‘Steins;Gate 0’ Anime
- New Manga Impression: Onee Joouto Shirayuki Hime
- First Impression: Marchen Madhen
- First Impression: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
- First Impression: Hakyuu Houshin
- Kakuriyo Yadomeshi's Theme Song is Performed by Nao Tōyama and Manami Numakura
- Smartphone Game Happy Elements' Last Period: Owari naki Rasen no Monogatari Gains an April Anime
- Cast/Characters are Officially Revealed for Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai
- First Impression: Grancrest Senki
- First Impression: Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan 2