The official website of the action series “Saga of Tanya” has revealed a look into the upcoming film for the series with a teaser video and visual drawn by creator Shinobu Shinotsuki. More than having an official look at the film, there is also news on for the manga side of the franchise.
According to a report to be released in the February issue of Kadokawa’s Newtype magazine, the film will not a compilation or recap work but something brand new for the franchise. Another feature to be included in the issue on the film is an interview with the director Yutaka Uemara. In his interview, he had stated that the film will be following from the events of the anime and feature the change in relationship between Tanya and the top brass, as well as the development of her troops.
Uemara had also relayed that if not for the support of the plans, the creation of the film would not have even occurred in the first place. With the greenlit of the film he will be able to focus especially on the sound work for the film to optimize it for a theatrical presentation and has noted that he will be taking influence from Christopher Nolan’s “Dunkirk.”
Aside from the new teasers and interview, it has been confirmed that Studio NuT will be taking on the animation production and that both Aoi Yuuki and Saori Hayami will be returning for their roles as Tanya Degurechaff and “Visha” respectively.
For the novel side of the franchise, a commercial video featuring clips from the anime is now streaming on the official website of the franchise’s original novel series. Coming on Friday is the release of its ninth volume.
Written by Carlo Zen and illustrated by Shinobu Shinotsuki, the light novel series “Saga of Tanya the Evil” was released in October 2013 under the publication of Enterbrain. The manga adaptation of the series later came in April 2016 with art done by Chika Toujou and serialized by Kadokawa Shoten’s Comp Ace. Soon after in June 2017, an anime adaptation of the series was released.
The main story of the series takes focus on Tanya Degurechaff, a young girl who rose from the mud-soaked trenches to pit herself against army mages and is known as the Devil of the Rhine. Recognized as one of the greatest soldiers of the Empire, none know the truth behind this young girl. For she is not just a young girl who is able to take on high stakes aerial duels with bullets, spells, and bayonets but rather a reborn salary-man who holds a rather ruthless and calculating personality. Having been reborn from peaceful Japan into a war-torn world as an orphan, Tanya will do whatever it takes to survive, even if it means picking up a gun and bullets.
- 4 Great Anime Films to Premiere in L.A.’s Animation is Film Festival in October!
- Smartphone Game ‘Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Happiness Memories’ to be Released In 2019!
- The Royal Tutor Returns with a Film Coming February 2019
- Sega Delays the Release of ‘Mega Drive Mini’ Console to 2019, Plans for Global Release
- The Detective Conan Manga Announces a 9 - Week Break
- Release of ‘One Piece: World Seeker’ Game Delayed to 2019
- Anime Series ‘Tsurune’ to Air on October 14!
- Former 'Morning Musume' Idol Hitomi Yoshizawa is Arrested for Suspected Hit-and-Run
- Nintendo Switch Dominates Japan with Over 5 Million Units Sold!
- Anime Film ‘I Want to Eat Your Pancreas’ Conquers Opening Week Earning 100 Million Yen!
- ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Manga Returns on September 22 After a 5-Month Hiatus
- New ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Smartphone Game Announced!
- Anime Adaptation for ‘Madoka Magica’s Magia Record’ RPG Game Confirmed for 2019!
- Anime Film ‘Night is Short, Walk on Girl’ Earns $350,000 at the U.S. Box Office!
- Wataru Yoshizumi’s ‘Marmalade Boy Little’ Manga to End Next Month
- Momoko Sakura, Creator of ‘Chibi Maruko-chan’ Passes Away at 53
- Netflix Announces a Sequel for the U.S Death Note Film
- The Latest One Piece Film is Set for Summer 2019