The last Magi Craft Meister has passed and now a thousand years later an heir is found in the form of one JIn Nidou. As he is transported to another world in order to succeed the previous Meister’s will, he gains much knowledge and hones his new abilities. However, when attempting to use a warp gate, something goes wrong and he finds himself transported to a completely different area…
As an isekai work it gives a refreshing new story work. Not only does it not involve some hero needing to rise to power but it also doesn’t involve a struggling hero who has all kinds of challenges thrown at him, turning him into something more cynical. Here we not only have a solid introduction but also an understandable foundation to the character being brought to the new world.
As a protagonist, Jin has the usual backstory of an isekai character but in comparison, is not an otaku but a legitimately intelligent male of his field with a solid development in terms of his abilities. When looking at the bigger picture he’s actually a refreshing piece of character in comparison to most. For one thing there was no pretty girl that was introduced in the first chapter as a clear potential love interest so there is that.
Just the fact that the character was given a proper development and the story is setting a steady pace presents a high potential to the story. It may not be highly exciting nor is there monster fighting but there is good fantasy work to it and mixed in with the comedy work that it was able to slip in, it presents a simple but enjoyable story. In terms of art, it may not be as great as most modern works but it does well in presenting the simple vibe of the story
During the first half, there was a clear development to the character and the work that he was given. But then the way he was placed in a new location seemed a little abrupt and leaves some questions. On the other hand it could also work as part of the plot development, but still, the transitional work could have been done a little better given the presentation of the first chapter. Either way though, the simple story line so far may not be for all readers.
As stated, the art doesn’t really stand out all that much except for possibly the presentation of the magic work. Outside of the transitional work and the art design, there is not much to be said against the series given how short and simple the series is so far.
There’s a solid plot work and character development, but the transitional work could have been done better. The overall story seems rather simple and enjoyable work though it may not appeal to all readers. More than the plot and the character work, the world building is not too bad so far and the comedy that manages to slip in also works rather well. So for the most part, it may not be great but it is enjoyable at least.
First Impression: Captain Tsubasa (2018)May 12, 10amSynopsis 11-year-old Tsubasa Oozora is an elementary student who has a deep love for soccer ever since he was young. Aiming to become a top soccer player, Tsubasa moves with his mother to Nankatsu city, which is well-known for its excellent elementary school soccer teams.
First Impression: Lost SongMay 13, 12pmSynopsis In a verdant frontier village, there lives an energetic girl named Rin. Meanwhile, within the royal palace in the bustling capital city, the songstress Finis spends her days in solitude.
- Elf Yamada of ‘Eromanga Sensei’ is Getting Her Own Spinoff Manga
- World Cosplay Summit to Happen on July 28 to August 5 in Nagoya, Japan!
- A Life-Size Kuroneko Statue is up for only 10 Limited Pre-Orders!
- New ‘Beyblade Burst’ Mobile Game to Release This Fall
- Sony to Halt Production of PS Vita Game Cards
- Nintendo Switch Version for 'Okami HD' Game to be Released on August 9 in Japan and West Region
- Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long Featured in New Trailers of 'BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle'!
- ‘Beyblade Burst Battle Zero’ Game to be Released in Japan on October 25 for the Nintendo Switch
- Yoshihiro Kuroiwa, ‘Zenki’ Manga Artist Passes Away
- Cryptocurrency “Otaku Coin” to Launch This Summer or Fall
- Latest ‘Detective Conan’ Movie Still Remains Number 1 at the Japanese Box Office!
- Fighting Game Classic ‘Guilty Gear’ is Coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam!
- New Original Anime TO BE HEROINE to air on May 19!
- An Enjoyable Food and Fantasy Story: "Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi"
- First Impression: Lost Song
- Making its way to Japanese Theaters this October is "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Detonation"
- A Collaboration Poster is Released for the Detective Conan and Gundam: The Origin Films
- One Piece's Mother Carmel is to be Voiced by Fumi Hirano