In a world where dragons exists, a young woman by the of Nonoka has taken on the job of a Dragon Dentist. Her role? To protect the dragon, the guardian of the country, from tooth-cavity bacteria. One day she discovers a boy from the enemy side resurrected from within the tooth of the dragon. Such an phenomenon has been noted to be a sign before a great disaster. THis is a story of war, people, and fate
When looking at the first few moments of the work, you feel as if you were dropped right into the middle of an epic cinematic battle at sea. The details, the animation work all worked in making the scene look much bigger than it was. Outside of the action work however, the scenery and tone also bring a great blend of color and style to many scenes. One such example is when the characters are all waking up and it is the crack of dawn, the way that the scenery presented like a white canvas to emphasis the characters made for great visual work.
The characters also hold a great interest when introduced. The most interesting character to be introduced however, was Bell. Not only was his concept interesting but the way that the anime handled his development was structured quite well. Man concepts that were explained about the Dragon Dentists were just generally interesting and thought provoking. And mixed in with Bell questioning himself and purpose presents a lot of potential for the OVA as a philosophical/fantasy work.
As the series progressed into its second half, that is when you truly find the flaws of the work, especially when it was revealed who one of the main villains was. In all honesty, as amazing as Shibana’s design was as a bacteria, her motivations as a villain comes off as not only weak but rather cliche as well. The story could have easily taken a more philosophical route to things, but instead it takes on this war story that for the most part, comes off as rather cliche and also out of the blue and not that well structured.
Many points of the second half didn’t structure as well as the first half did. The build up with the new antagonists, the chase scenes and the way that every soldier was wiped out except or that one soldier who survived amongst the thousands just for the sake of the overall story all just brought down the potential that was shown in the first half. For one thing, they could have easily maintained the identity for the first antagonist but changed her motivations to something darker and not related to the “love avenged” concept.
In terms of art, music, character development and overall visual and story presentation, the OVA did a commendable job. However, in terms of antagonists and plot structure towards the second, left the overall story rather disappointing in the end. As stated, if the work had developed more on what was shown in the first half, from characters to plot line, the OVA could have turned out completely different.
See also: An Actual Simple Love Story: Doukyuusei
An Actual Simple Love Story: DoukyuuseiDec 9, 10amSynopsis Rihito Sajou is an honor student who got perfect scores in every subject on his high school entrance exam.
New Manga Thoughts: Magi Craft MeisterDec 3, 6pmSynopsis The last Magi Craft Meister has passed and now a thousand years later an heir is found in the form of one JIn Nidou.
The Berserk Manga Makes a December ReturnDec 7, 10amMonths has passed since the announcement of the “Berserk” manga hiatus back in June.
'Pokemon' 2018 Anime Movie Teased!Dec 11, 9amIt was revealed on Monday in the official Pokemon website that the 2018 anime movie of the popular franchise is now in the works.
- 'Pokemon' 2018 Anime Movie Teased!
- 4 New Cast Members are Revealed for Gakuen Babysitters
- An Official Trailer is Released for Manga turned Film "Alita: Battle Angel"
- The 1st PV is Out With a Release Date and Cast for "Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori"
- An Actual Simple Love Story: Doukyuusei
- A 2 Month Break is Announced for "Welcome to the Ballroom"
- New Mobile Game Release: ‘Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team’
- Ryan Reynolds Becomes the Voice of Detective Pikachu
- The Berserk Manga Makes a December Return
- Hoenn Region Pokemon and Weather Forecasts are Added to Pokemon GO
- ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ Live-Action Film Conquers The Japanese Box Office!
- Next Chapters of ‘Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu’ Manga to be Released Online
- Nintendo Switch Game Trailer Released for ‘Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds’
- New Manga Thoughts: Sewayaki Kitsune No Senko-chan
- New Manga Thoughts: Magi Craft Meister
- Coming on January 27 is the Fate/Extra Last Encore Anime
- Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Reveals an Anime Adaptation Project
- An Honest Identity Story: Shimaname Tasogare