In a world where dragons exists, a young woman by the of Nonoka has taken on the job of a Dragon Dentist. Her role? To protect the dragon, the guardian of the country, from tooth-cavity bacteria. One day she discovers a boy from the enemy side resurrected from within the tooth of the dragon. Such an phenomenon has been noted to be a sign before a great disaster. THis is a story of war, people, and fate
When looking at the first few moments of the work, you feel as if you were dropped right into the middle of an epic cinematic battle at sea. The details, the animation work all worked in making the scene look much bigger than it was. Outside of the action work however, the scenery and tone also bring a great blend of color and style to many scenes. One such example is when the characters are all waking up and it is the crack of dawn, the way that the scenery presented like a white canvas to emphasis the characters made for great visual work.
The characters also hold a great interest when introduced. The most interesting character to be introduced however, was Bell. Not only was his concept interesting but the way that the anime handled his development was structured quite well. Man concepts that were explained about the Dragon Dentists were just generally interesting and thought provoking. And mixed in with Bell questioning himself and purpose presents a lot of potential for the OVA as a philosophical/fantasy work.
As the series progressed into its second half, that is when you truly find the flaws of the work, especially when it was revealed who one of the main villains was. In all honesty, as amazing as Shibana’s design was as a bacteria, her motivations as a villain comes off as not only weak but rather cliche as well. The story could have easily taken a more philosophical route to things, but instead it takes on this war story that for the most part, comes off as rather cliche and also out of the blue and not that well structured.
Many points of the second half didn’t structure as well as the first half did. The build up with the new antagonists, the chase scenes and the way that every soldier was wiped out except or that one soldier who survived amongst the thousands just for the sake of the overall story all just brought down the potential that was shown in the first half. For one thing, they could have easily maintained the identity for the first antagonist but changed her motivations to something darker and not related to the “love avenged” concept.
In terms of art, music, character development and overall visual and story presentation, the OVA did a commendable job. However, in terms of antagonists and plot structure towards the second, left the overall story rather disappointing in the end. As stated, if the work had developed more on what was shown in the first half, from characters to plot line, the OVA could have turned out completely different.
First Impression: Captain Tsubasa (2018)May 12, 10amSynopsis 11-year-old Tsubasa Oozora is an elementary student who has a deep love for soccer ever since he was young. Aiming to become a top soccer player, Tsubasa moves with his mother to Nankatsu city, which is well-known for its excellent elementary school soccer teams.
First Impression: Lost SongMay 13, 12pmSynopsis In a verdant frontier village, there lives an energetic girl named Rin. Meanwhile, within the royal palace in the bustling capital city, the songstress Finis spends her days in solitude.
- Elf Yamada of ‘Eromanga Sensei’ is Getting Her Own Spinoff Manga
- World Cosplay Summit to Happen on July 28 to August 5 in Nagoya, Japan!
- A Life-Size Kuroneko Statue is up for only 10 Limited Pre-Orders!
- New ‘Beyblade Burst’ Mobile Game to Release This Fall
- Sony to Halt Production of PS Vita Game Cards
- Nintendo Switch Version for 'Okami HD' Game to be Released on August 9 in Japan and West Region
- Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long Featured in New Trailers of 'BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle'!
- ‘Beyblade Burst Battle Zero’ Game to be Released in Japan on October 25 for the Nintendo Switch
- Yoshihiro Kuroiwa, ‘Zenki’ Manga Artist Passes Away
- Cryptocurrency “Otaku Coin” to Launch This Summer or Fall
- Latest ‘Detective Conan’ Movie Still Remains Number 1 at the Japanese Box Office!
- Fighting Game Classic ‘Guilty Gear’ is Coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam!
- New Original Anime TO BE HEROINE to air on May 19!
- An Enjoyable Food and Fantasy Story: "Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi"
- First Impression: Lost Song
- Making its way to Japanese Theaters this October is "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Detonation"
- A Collaboration Poster is Released for the Detective Conan and Gundam: The Origin Films
- One Piece's Mother Carmel is to be Voiced by Fumi Hirano