As a special treat for those who will be watching the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie on its premiere date in Japan, a “special-edition comic” created by the original manga creator of Fullmetal Alchemist Hiromu Arakawa will be given away until supplies last.
Although the movie hasn’t been premiered yet, the movie’s official website revealed the story and cover art of the special edition manga on Friday. This is the first time in seven years that Arakawa has drawn something for her popular franchise.
The new chapter is titled as Full Metal Alchemist 0 and the story begins immediately after Ed was qualified to become a State Alchemist.
The film’s world premiere happened on October 25 at the Tokyo International Film Festival. Its official premiere in Japan will be on December 1 and screened in over 400 theatres (including 4DX and IMAX screenings).
Fumihiko Sori promises to fans that the movie will be closely accurate to its original source. To quote, “I want to create a style that follows the original manga as much as possible. The cast is entirely Japanese, but the cultural background is Europe. However, it’s a style that doesn’t represent a specific race or country."
Ryosuke Yamada will play the role of Edward Elric, Dean Fujioka as Roy Mustang, and Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell. Other cast and crew members include the following:
Fumiyo Kohinata as General Hakuro
Ryuta Sato as Maes Hughes
Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye
Natsuna as Maria Ross
Natsuki Harada as Gracia Hughes
Yo Oizumi as Shou Tucker
Jun Kunimura as Doctor Marco
Yasuko Matsuyuki as Lust
Kanata Hongou as Envy
Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony
Kenjiro Ishimaru as Father Cornello
Source: Comic Natalie
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App
- An 'Unprecedented Important Announcement' is Coming up for the Baki Franchise on June 9