Set in a world where different groups have broken war in the aftermath of the powerful figure known as Himehiko. From werewolves to vampires, this is the situation that the protagonist finds herself summoned into. With a strange power involving her blood, this is the story of her survival in a world in chaos while searching for a way home.
There is a pretty clever plot that was established in just one episode and the fact that it was able to push in as much exposition as it did without being too heavy-handed over things. The general design of the work is pretty much what is expected for more modern anime and ti does well in the little details of the costumes and the distinguishing characteristics of the characters. With how many characters that have been introduced, it is clear that there will be variety of stories to be explored at least.
As for the main character, she may not stand out all that much but she does have at least some potential to be somewhat interesting, which is considered quite a lot in comparison to many other heroines who ended up in a similar situation to her. Add to the fact that she does have a motivation outside of surviving and something for herself to pursue and we actually have a layer to a heroine character in shoujo historical work.
Just from the first few minutes of the episode alone, there are already a number of the usual shoujo and possible reverse harem tropes making itself known. From the modern girl who ends up in a different world, seeming as plain as can be only to have some sort of special power to the first person she encounters being a clear main love interest, there are just too many points to the episode that would make a long time shoujo and reverse harem fan facepalm and just from the main character alone.
On the note of characters, there are just way too many of them. In just a span of minutes, the viewer is introduced to not 3, not 5 but nearly 10 or more characters. Even “Brothers Conflict” didn’t dump as many characters and that series had 13 potential love interest, in one season. With the general flow of the episode, the introduction of the world mechanics and characters, the episode just seems to be pushing things a little too hard.
There is some potential to be found with the series with the hint of layers to that was presented with the main character. There is also creativity to be noted on the different characters introduced but at the same time there were way too many characters shown for just one episode, especially if they are going to be characters of focus for the series. With the way that the episode has set itself up, is a bit of a mess, but then, there may just be a chance to fix things in the following episodes… hopefully.
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App
- An 'Unprecedented Important Announcement' is Coming up for the Baki Franchise on June 9