Hayao Miyazaki’s “Last Film” Titled ‘Kimi-tachi wa Do Ikiru ka’ Might be Released in Two-Three Years
It was revealed last weekend that the final film of Studio Ghibli’s director Hayao Miyazaki will be titled as Kimi-tachi wa Dō Ikiru ka (How Do You Live?). There is no definite date for its premiere. However, the film is expected to be completed in three to four years.
Miyazaki revealed details about his latest film during an opening commemoration event of Natsume Soseki Memorial Museum at Waseda University in Tokyo. He discussed along with writer Kazutoshi Hando in an audience estimated at 1000.
The film’s title is actually based from a masterpiece of the same name written by Genzaburo Yoshino in 1937. According to Miyazaki, the story of the book has great meaning to his film’s protagonist. The book’s story centers on a man named Koperu and his uncle. Generally the book mainly discussed about how to live as human beings as the protagonist develops his spiritual growth.
Back in November, a TV special special titled Owaranai Hito Miyazaki Hayao (Never-Ending Man: Hayao Miyazaki), Miyazaki expressed that he wanted to produce another full-length animated film after his animation short Kemushi no Boro will be released for the Ghibli Museum. He admitted that he wasn’t satisfied with the production of the CG short and decided to push forward a proposal of another full-length film last August 2016.
Miyazaki has been constantly drawing the film’s storyboards since July despite the project not been green-lit. Around 20 minutes of the story was already put into storyboard based on previous reports.
The original plan for the film was to be released in 2019 before the highly anticipated Tokyo Olympics 2020. He then later admitted that the film requires more time and completing the movie before this grand international sports occasion is very impossible.
We can’t wait for this upcoming Studio Ghibli film. The last movie or not, the whole world is waiting for Miyazaki’s magic to unfold once again in the next few years.
3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"Nov 4, 11amSynopsis A shoujo loving girl named Yuu awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes. However, upon being confessed to by a junior high classmate, she finds herself feeling nothing.
First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"Nov 5, 12pmSynopsis This is a tale that takes on the combat sport of sumo and stars a "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru. He has entered into Oodachi High School and aims to join the sumo club though it has gained a weak reputation.
A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"Nov 4, 6amSynopsis Hinata, a young boy who likes drawing, finds himself falling in love with his classmate Shigure. The problem, however, is that Hinata has trouble talking to other people and resigns himself to his drawings and imagination.
- Marvel Co-Creator and Comic Book Icon Stan Lee Passes Away
- Winnie-the-Pooh World to Return in ‘Kingdom Hearts III’!
- New Anime Adaptation for ‘Fruits Basket’ Manga is Confirmed!
- New ‘Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!’ Video Features Elite Four and Gym Leaders!
- ‘Lu Over the Wall’ Anime Film to Release on Home Video
- Naruto/Boruto Attraction to Open in ‘Nijigen no Mori’ Theme Park In April!
- More Photos Emerged on the Filming of Upcoming ‘Monster Hunter’ Live-Action Film
- First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"
- Umamusume: Pretty Derby TV Anime Returns with a Special Home Video
- ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Releases New Video Featuring ‘Tangled’ Movie’s ‘Kingdom of Corona’ World
- Ryoko Gi and Takeshi Kusao will be Part of the ‘Black Clover’ Anime Cast!
- Gunjō no Magmell Cast Kengo Kawanishia and M.A.O as Main Characters
- 3 Episode Impression: "Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken"
- 3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"
- A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"
- Tatsunoko's The Price of Smiles Anime is Listed for 12 Episodes
- A New PV Reveals More Details for Kunihiko Ikuhara's Sarazanmai Anime
- An Okay but Cute Family Romance Story: "Mikakunin de Shinkoukei"