Hayao Miyazaki’s “Last Film” Titled ‘Kimi-tachi wa Do Ikiru ka’ Might be Released in Two-Three Years
It was revealed last weekend that the final film of Studio Ghibli’s director Hayao Miyazaki will be titled as Kimi-tachi wa Dō Ikiru ka (How Do You Live?). There is no definite date for its premiere. However, the film is expected to be completed in three to four years.
Miyazaki revealed details about his latest film during an opening commemoration event of Natsume Soseki Memorial Museum at Waseda University in Tokyo. He discussed along with writer Kazutoshi Hando in an audience estimated at 1000.
The film’s title is actually based from a masterpiece of the same name written by Genzaburo Yoshino in 1937. According to Miyazaki, the story of the book has great meaning to his film’s protagonist. The book’s story centers on a man named Koperu and his uncle. Generally the book mainly discussed about how to live as human beings as the protagonist develops his spiritual growth.
Back in November, a TV special special titled Owaranai Hito Miyazaki Hayao (Never-Ending Man: Hayao Miyazaki), Miyazaki expressed that he wanted to produce another full-length animated film after his animation short Kemushi no Boro will be released for the Ghibli Museum. He admitted that he wasn’t satisfied with the production of the CG short and decided to push forward a proposal of another full-length film last August 2016.
Miyazaki has been constantly drawing the film’s storyboards since July despite the project not been green-lit. Around 20 minutes of the story was already put into storyboard based on previous reports.
The original plan for the film was to be released in 2019 before the highly anticipated Tokyo Olympics 2020. He then later admitted that the film requires more time and completing the movie before this grand international sports occasion is very impossible.
We can’t wait for this upcoming Studio Ghibli film. The last movie or not, the whole world is waiting for Miyazaki’s magic to unfold once again in the next few years.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
- Sound! Euphonium Movie Releases New Highlight Trailer
- Fresh Details, Trailer Revealed for Persona 5 The Royal
- ‘Doraemon: Story of Seasons’ Video Game to be Released This Fall!
- Crunchyroll Adds ‘The Helpful Fox Senko-san’ Anime to Streaming Library
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Previews DLC Character ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’
- Hit Yuri Manga Series “Bloom Into You” to End with 8th Volume on November 2019
- Anime Film Adaptation of Mobile Game “The Alchemist Code” Releases New Trailer
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV