Anime Limited, a U.K. publisher released a new English-dubbed clip of the anime film A Silent Voice on Tuesday featuring Robbie Daymond as Shoya and deaf actress Lexi Cowden as Shoko.
The English dub BluRay and DVD release for the U.K. will be on October 30.
Listen to Lexi Cowden in the official preview clip below:
A video was uploaded previously featuring Graham Halstead as Tomohiro Nagatsuka, Amber Lee Connors as Miki Kawai, Kristen Sullivan as Yuzuru Nishimiya, and Melissa Hope as Miyoko Sahara. You can watch the preview clip below:
This English dub is directed by Stephanie Sheh assisted by Michael Sinterniklaas, Amanda Winn Lee, and spotting by by Clark Cheng. Both Cheng and Lee provided additional writing for the English dub while Lee is also serving as the production’s consultant. The cast names and their roles are as follows:
Ryan Shanahan as Shoya Ishida (sixth grade)
Kira Buckland as Naoka Ueno
Gia Grace as Naoka Ueno (sixth grade)
Annabelle Corigliano as Miki Kawai (sixth grade)
Catie Harvey as Mikoko Sahara (sixth grade)
Brian Bekerle as Hirose (sixth grade)
Michael Sinterniklaas as Kazuki Shimada
Spencer Rosen as Kazuki Shimada (sixth grade)
Kristen Sullivan as Yuzuru Nishimiya
Lipica Shah as Yaeko Nishimiya
Janis Carol as Ito Nishimiya
Sara Cravens as Miyoko Ishida
Max Mittelman as Satoshi Mashiba
AnnaBelle Deaner as Maria
A Silent Voice first premiered in Japan on September 17, 2016 which followed with a worldwide premiere that started in February 2017. It was an anime movie blockbuster hit with ticket gross sales at 2.3 billion yen.
The movie is based on the manga of the same name by Yoshitoki Oima. It centers on the lives of two different individuals namely Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya. Nishimiya is a mute classmate of Ishida, who was a bully to her along with his other classmates. When she transferred schools, karma strikes and Ishida was being bullied from almost everyone he knew at school. Pitied about the past experiences, he decided to learn sign language and hopefully get to patch up with Nishimiya and the people whom he has hurt in the past.
A Silent Voice’s anime adaptation was announced in the last chapter of the manga which was released on November 2014. Fast forward to 2015, Weekly Shonen Magazine made an announcement that the adaptation will be in an anime film slated to premiere on the fourth quarter of 2016. The film’s script was well-written by Reiko Yoshida while the character designs were done by Futoshi Nishiya. Pony Canyon along with Kensuke Ushio produced and composed the music for the film.
On its premiere in Japan, it was at number 2 just behind Makoto Shinkai’s your name. Many anime fans praised this movie for being closely accurate to the manga regardless if some things were skipped.
Lexi Cowden, who according to IMDB grew up as Alexis “Lexi” Marman, is a deaf actress based in Los Angeles, known for performing from a young age. Lexi has appeared in shows like Without A Trace and GLee.
Don’t just watch it, own it as well. Be sure to the BluRay or DVD physical copy of this beautiful anime film.
Source: Anime News Network.
See also: First Impression: Juuni Taisen
Top 5 New Fall Anime to Check Out for the WeekOct 13, 11amEvery season brings a new anime and for the fall season there is a number of fantasy, comedy and action series to be enjoyed with interesting plots to add to them.
Top 5 New Openings For the WeekOct 15, 11amA new season, new anime and that means new songs to add to one’s musical list.
First Impression: Taisshou Chichai-sanOct 13, 12pmSynopsis A young man by the name of Hiiragi Kyouichirou was heading to Tokyo in order to study in university, but due to stray thought and possibly his family sword, he ends up getting involved in a plot for the Imperial Army The Good For such a short episode, the fact that it was able to cram in as much detail as it did while also slipping in some pinches of comedy is worthy of a thumbs up.
Initial First Impression: Infini-T ForceOct 15, 9pmSynopsis Based on the series of the same name, this is a different take on the original story involving a young girl able to summon heroes from another world.
- Banette, Sableye, and More Hoenn Pokemon are Coming Your Way in Pokemon GO!
- An Anime Short Campaign is Launched by Rock Band Kūsō Iinkai
- The ‘Seven Deadly Sins’ Ranked at #4 in Netflix’s Most Watched Shows
- English Dub Clips Revealed for ‘Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto’!
- Mob Psycho 100 Turns Live-action with a Confirmed Staff and Cast Member
- Action Scenes and More Heroes are Revealed for Fire Emblem: Warriors via Trailer
- "KiraKira Precure" Confirms a "Maho Girls" Cameo in its Film
- The Ghibli Museum Features A Sequel of ‘My Neighbor Totoro’
- Netflix Confirms Productions of “30 New Anime Series” for 2018
- Popular Smartphone Game ‘Granblue Fantasy’ Gets New Anime Series!
- Media Company Broccoli Confirms 70% Profit Drop in its 1st Half of Fiscal Year
- Initial First Impression: Infini-T Force
- Bungou Stray Dogs Holds a 2 Season Screening this November
- New Manga Thoughts: The Duke of Death and His Black Maid
- Top 5 New Openings For the Week
- Street Fighter V Reveals a New Ninja Character for October
- First Impression: Juuni Taisen
- A Collaboration Movie Between Boruto and Lope and Akira is Coming Soon