Anime Limited, a U.K. publisher released a new English-dubbed clip of the anime film A Silent Voice on Tuesday featuring Robbie Daymond as Shoya and deaf actress Lexi Cowden as Shoko.
The English dub BluRay and DVD release for the U.K. will be on October 30.
Listen to Lexi Cowden in the official preview clip below:
A video was uploaded previously featuring Graham Halstead as Tomohiro Nagatsuka, Amber Lee Connors as Miki Kawai, Kristen Sullivan as Yuzuru Nishimiya, and Melissa Hope as Miyoko Sahara. You can watch the preview clip below:
This English dub is directed by Stephanie Sheh assisted by Michael Sinterniklaas, Amanda Winn Lee, and spotting by by Clark Cheng. Both Cheng and Lee provided additional writing for the English dub while Lee is also serving as the production’s consultant. The cast names and their roles are as follows:
Ryan Shanahan as Shoya Ishida (sixth grade)
Kira Buckland as Naoka Ueno
Gia Grace as Naoka Ueno (sixth grade)
Annabelle Corigliano as Miki Kawai (sixth grade)
Catie Harvey as Mikoko Sahara (sixth grade)
Brian Bekerle as Hirose (sixth grade)
Michael Sinterniklaas as Kazuki Shimada
Spencer Rosen as Kazuki Shimada (sixth grade)
Kristen Sullivan as Yuzuru Nishimiya
Lipica Shah as Yaeko Nishimiya
Janis Carol as Ito Nishimiya
Sara Cravens as Miyoko Ishida
Max Mittelman as Satoshi Mashiba
AnnaBelle Deaner as Maria
A Silent Voice first premiered in Japan on September 17, 2016 which followed with a worldwide premiere that started in February 2017. It was an anime movie blockbuster hit with ticket gross sales at 2.3 billion yen.
The movie is based on the manga of the same name by Yoshitoki Oima. It centers on the lives of two different individuals namely Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya. Nishimiya is a mute classmate of Ishida, who was a bully to her along with his other classmates. When she transferred schools, karma strikes and Ishida was being bullied from almost everyone he knew at school. Pitied about the past experiences, he decided to learn sign language and hopefully get to patch up with Nishimiya and the people whom he has hurt in the past.
A Silent Voice’s anime adaptation was announced in the last chapter of the manga which was released on November 2014. Fast forward to 2015, Weekly Shonen Magazine made an announcement that the adaptation will be in an anime film slated to premiere on the fourth quarter of 2016. The film’s script was well-written by Reiko Yoshida while the character designs were done by Futoshi Nishiya. Pony Canyon along with Kensuke Ushio produced and composed the music for the film.
On its premiere in Japan, it was at number 2 just behind Makoto Shinkai’s your name. Many anime fans praised this movie for being closely accurate to the manga regardless if some things were skipped.
Lexi Cowden, who according to IMDB grew up as Alexis “Lexi” Marman, is a deaf actress based in Los Angeles, known for performing from a young age. Lexi has appeared in shows like Without A Trace and GLee.
Don’t just watch it, own it as well. Be sure to the BluRay or DVD physical copy of this beautiful anime film.
Source: Anime News Network.
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App
- An 'Unprecedented Important Announcement' is Coming up for the Baki Franchise on June 9