This is a tale about 15-year-old Akari Mizunashi and her beginning as a resident of Aqua, a sparkling planet covered in water which was once the planet of Mars before humans found a way to colonize it during the 24th century.
Her reason for packing her bags and heading for the planet? To become an undine, a female gondolier who navigates the canals of the Aquan city of Neo-Venezia and gives tours for tourists.
The company to which she joins is known as the Aria company, a company which aims to show tourists as many wonders of the city via gondola as possible. As she begins her training with the company she finds challenges in the path towards her dream.
The art of this series is the most memorable aspect that a viewer can find after finishing the series. This most especially applies to the rendering of the water and the variety of tones used in different scenes. The same can be said to the designs of the characters, they are simple in looks but their tones and details.
On the note of characters, they too are enjoyable parts of the series in they way that they interact with one another and how they are portrayed. Also looking at the side characters, they too have their own stories told in different episodes. Overall, the art, tone and characters of the series brings are the highest points to find in the series.
The disappointing thing about this series is that while the art is good, there is not much to be said on the storywork of the series. Yes we are given the journey of a protagonist, however there is just about no conflict given, unless you count the brooding moments the character has on her path but it can’t necessarily cause a huge amount of drama. Another point to be said is on the dynamics of the characters, while likeable for the most part, they are also rather generic.
Simply put, as enjoyable as the art and the characters are in the series, the lack of plot/conflict and the generic dynamics of the character may be a downfall for other viewers.
If you’re looking for a simple and soothing show with great art and likeable characters, then this is the series for you. However, one cannot expect too much from the series seeing as little to no conflict is shown and when looking at the characters as a whole they come off as rather generic and lacking in dynamic traits. So depending on a viewer’s preferences then this is a rather hit or miss work.
See also: An Actual Simple Love Story: Doukyuusei
An Actual Simple Love Story: DoukyuuseiDec 9, 10amSynopsis Rihito Sajou is an honor student who got perfect scores in every subject on his high school entrance exam.
New Manga Thoughts: Magi Craft MeisterDec 3, 6pmSynopsis The last Magi Craft Meister has passed and now a thousand years later an heir is found in the form of one JIn Nidou.
The Berserk Manga Makes a December ReturnDec 7, 10amMonths has passed since the announcement of the “Berserk” manga hiatus back in June.
'Pokemon' 2018 Anime Movie Teased!Dec 11, 9amIt was revealed on Monday in the official Pokemon website that the 2018 anime movie of the popular franchise is now in the works.
- 'Pokemon' 2018 Anime Movie Teased!
- 4 New Cast Members are Revealed for Gakuen Babysitters
- An Official Trailer is Released for Manga turned Film "Alita: Battle Angel"
- The 1st PV is Out With a Release Date and Cast for "Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori"
- An Actual Simple Love Story: Doukyuusei
- A 2 Month Break is Announced for "Welcome to the Ballroom"
- New Mobile Game Release: ‘Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team’
- Ryan Reynolds Becomes the Voice of Detective Pikachu
- The Berserk Manga Makes a December Return
- Hoenn Region Pokemon and Weather Forecasts are Added to Pokemon GO
- ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ Live-Action Film Conquers The Japanese Box Office!
- Next Chapters of ‘Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu’ Manga to be Released Online
- Nintendo Switch Game Trailer Released for ‘Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds’
- New Manga Thoughts: Sewayaki Kitsune No Senko-chan
- New Manga Thoughts: Magi Craft Meister
- Coming on January 27 is the Fate/Extra Last Encore Anime
- Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Reveals an Anime Adaptation Project
- An Honest Identity Story: Shimaname Tasogare