More commemorations are being released for the upcoming second season of “Osomatsu-san.” However, rather than a campaign or event, the main celebration is from a 66 second video of the series.
The video title is understood as “Introducing Osomatsu-san in 66 Seconds” and gives a recap to the first series in the said time. Narrating the video is Toshio Furukawa, who played a role as a reporter in the 18 episode of the first season, “Iyami’s Counterattack."
The series will be making its debut on October 2 and will be broadcasted to a variety of channels including TV Tokyo, TV Aichi, TV Osaka, BS Japan, AT-X and TV Hokkaido. In addition to this the series will also be distributed by dTV.
Another part of the reveal of the commemoration video is the reveal of the new season’s ending theme, “Let’s Go! Muttsugo! ~ 6 Colors of Rainbow” by ROOT 66 being released on December 6. There will be two performances to be done by “Hayatomatsu 66” and “Late Matsu 66” in order of birthday, which can only be found in the release of the CD/DVD and music video. Also in turn, these will contain 9 songs including FPM REMIX.
“Osomatsu-san” is a comedy anime series which was released in 2015 and is a sequel series to the 1962 series, “Osomatsu-kun.” Created by Fujio Akatsuka, the manga series ran for a total of 34 volumes before ending in 1962. During the manga’s run, two anime series and an anime film were created before the anime sequel came to be.
The original story of the series was about the sextuplet Matsuno sibling Osomatsu, Karamatsu, Choromatsu, Ichimatsu, Jyushimatsu and Todomatsu. It told of their daily adventures as children and the different kinds of mischief that they ended up getting into.
With the sequel series, it fast forwards to 10 years later when the brothers become 20 something adults and tells of their daily adventures as lazy NEETS who spend most of their days at home, drinking beer, gambling, etc. while also mixing in some craziness in there too.
The main cast for this series include:
Takahiro Sakurai as Osomatsu
Yuichi Nakamura as Karamatsu
Kamiya Hiroshi as Choromatsu
Jun Fukuyama as Ichimatsu
Ono Daisuke as Jyushimatsu
Irino Miyu as Todomatsu
Source: Comic Natalie
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App
- An 'Unprecedented Important Announcement' is Coming up for the Baki Franchise on June 9