Final Fantasy fans, get ready! Square Enix recently revealed on Tuesday that they will be releasing its upcoming “Comrades” multiplayer expansion for Final Fantasy XV. The expansion is slated for an October 31 release for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If you can check out the video below, the new theme song titled “Choosing Hope” performed by Emiko Suzuki is also being featured. The music is composed by Nobou Uematsu.
Game director Hajime Tabata said in an interview with gaming website Polygon that they will not develop a sequel but instead focus on story-based “Episode” installments which stars Noctis’ party members. Tabata said he will do what he can to add more story in the later part of the Final Fantasy XV game.
In a Twitch livestream that happened in Gamescom 2017 in Germany, Tabata have teased that the game’s content might be heading to the Nintendo Switch.
He also answered a question in relation to the franchise’s future plans: “There’s another certain console out there people may be thinking of, sounds a little bit like you guys, your name “Twitch,” I think we’ll just leave it there… Everyone on the Final Fantasy XV team, they love this specific console that sounds a lot like Twitch, they may want to think something about that in the future.”
Also during Gamescom, a PC game and smartphone game titled Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition was announced as well as the PC version of Final Fantasy XV. The game was first released for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 last November.
It was also announced recently by Tabata that the game has “achieved over 6.5 units” worldwide but did not specify the exact number of the shipments and combined digital sales.
Game Synopsis as Described by Square Enix
Set in a world engulfed by darkness, the expansion casts players as a member of the Kingsglaive, with powers and unique abilities invoked from various Lucian kings, who join forces to bring the Light back to the kingdom of Lucis. Other members of Noctis’s crew including Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis will be made playable in future game updates. As members of Kingsglaive, players equip royal sigils that grant special powers from the Lucian bloodline. Players can then strategize and create a balanced team to take on a variety of quests. In addition to multiplayer quests, single player quests are also available for players to enhance their characters.
See also: First Impression: Marchen Madhen
First Impression: Hakyuu HoushinFeb 4, 8amSynopsis This is a story that once begin as a hero’s story of one young Taikobo finds himself in charge of the mysterious Houshin Project.
New manga impression: Ojiichan shinanaiFeb 5, 11amSynopsis An old man lies on his bed and realizes that his time is about to come. Upon realizing this an angel appears before him and informs him that she will be taking him to heaven. Things however, do not turn out as expected.
- New Visual Released for ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 3!
- ‘Persona 5 the Animation' English-Subtitled Promo Video Released!
- 'Attack on Titan 2' Game Highlights Multiplayer Function in New Promotional Video
- "Maerchen Maedchen" Gains 3 More Magical Girls in its Cast
- The First Visual of K: Seven Stories 6-Episode's First Film is Out
- Super Prettycure Breaks a Record in Two Days with 60,000 Advanced Ticket Sales
- Get a Scare with Monsters Inc. Joining Kingdom Hearts III
- New Promo Video Released for ‘Digimon Adventure: tri.: Our Future’ Anime Film
- "Aikatsu Friends!" Has More Details Revealed with a New PV
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Sold Over More than 6 Million Physical and Digital Copies Worldwide!
- 'My Hero Academia' Season 3 to have Three More Additional Characters
- Aya Ueto Guest Stars in Latest Detective Conan Film After 12 Years
- Premiering on February 17 is the IDOLiSH7 Vibrato Net Spinoff Anime
- Prepare this Fall for a New ‘Blood-C’ Live-Action film
- New manga impression: Ojiichan shinanai
- Character Designs and New Visuals are Revealed for Upcoming ‘Steins;Gate 0’ Anime
- New Manga Impression: Onee Joouto Shirayuki Hime
- First Impression: Marchen Madhen