Many say that music tells a story and the same can be said for anime songs, themes and even soundtracks. With the many anime that have cropped up for the spring and summer seasons of the year, there are many songs that have matched well with the tale of their series and some that do not. With music there is so much to choose from depending on one’s mood, preference and even how it makes them feel. For the following songs, they are a mix of openings, endings and even insert songs that tell a side to the story that they are matched to and are ranked by how well they do in terms of visuals, beat and overall tone.
5. Sakura Quest – Opening Theme
A small town, quirky characters and a generic but shifted plot all mix into the tale of Sakura Quest. As said there is a lot of quirkiness to be found with the characters but at the same time there is a mellowness to the series that makes for a good pop beat that the song is trying to portray. Add it with the visually pleasing visuals and a sneak peek into the ongoings of the characters and it presents a well established opening that doesn’t spoil everything but gives just enough.
4. Re: Creators – Layers
Re: Creators is one of the rare pieces of fantasy work that take on the reverse of the usual spectrum of travelling to another world and properly flesh out the idea. From the conflict of the fictional characters in being in a world not their own to their struggle in deciding what to do next when faced with the so-called knowledge that they could change their world once they face their respective creators. All of this internal conflict stemmed from a meeting with the mysterious villain all seem to be embodied in this one song of rock and high vocals mixed in with a bit of techno.
3. Made in Abyss – Opening Theme
From the outside, Made in Abyss seems like a new type of adventure story mixed in with a hint of mystery. But when delving deeper into the series, it is clear that there is something hidden and just waiting to come out. That much is shown with the opening sequence, for as somewhat happy the tone may be at the start; there is a shifting that starts towards the middle and mixed in with the changing sceneries showing strange yet fascinating places, the opening gives a sneak peak into a much larger than expected and much deeper than shown type of adventure.
2. Kakegurui – Ending Theme
Kakegurui has shown itself so far to be a hop, step jump into the rabbit hole that is gambling and the effects that it has on certain people. With the protagonist, on the outside she seems like a rather pretty and eccentric girl. But the deeper she delves in the gambling game, the more she sheds of herself, just like the ending is presenting. Twisted and filled with all kinds insanity, the series gives a new meaning to gambling addiction and the ending presents just how much the protagonist is willing to delve
1. Natsume Yuujinchou Roku – Opening Theme
The Natsume Yuujinchou series is one of the longer running slice of life/supernatural series that many do not seem to really know though others highly appreciate. Throughout the run of the series there are many layers shown to the plot and characters of the series. From the drama of not fitting in either the spirit nor human world to learning to open one’s self to others, the series has gone through many arcs and left a lasting impression to those who hold a fondness for the genre. With this opening it seems as if the many aspects of the series is tying in together into a song that too holds many layers and leaves a lasting impression with tone and art.
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- A New Visual, Cast, and Schedule Details are Out for Tsukumogami Kashimasu
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App