After four years of silence, it was confirmed in the September issue of Dengeki Bunko Magazine on Wednesday that Shakugan no Shana will return in a new light novel story!
The light novel series created by Yashichiro Takahashi with illustrations done by Noizi Ito (the same illustrator for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya). The last novel that was published in the series was in 2011 which was then followed with a short story collection released in 2012.
The series’ popularity paved way for three anime series namely Shakugan no Shana (2005), Shakugan no Shana Second (2007), and Shakugan no Shana III (Final) released 2011.
Here is a synopsis of the Shakugan no Shana as described by Viz Media (which published two of the series’ novels in English back in 2007)
Invaders from the Crimson Realm have come to Earth looking for something called the Power of Existence. Whoever possesses this profound power will control the very quintessence of reality. To the rescue comes an enigmatic young girl with fire blazing in her eyes. She may be cute and petite, but she’s endowed with enough preternatural strength to save the entire universe. Plus, she’s got a really big sword!
With this announcement of a new story, let’s hope that we will be able to have an anime adaptation very soon!
Source: Mantan Web
See also: Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- MAN AT ARMS: REFORGED Makes ‘Attack on Titan’ Maneuver Gear Sword!
- Director of ‘Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu’ Sends Drunken Tweets, Ufotable Apologizes For His Actions
- First Impression: Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor
- After the First: Cleanliness Boy Aoyama
- Bibury Animation Studio is Newly Launched by Anime Director Tensho
- Earning 500 Million at the Box Office is the No Game, No Life Zero Film
- Kickstarter Goal for Aria the Animation's English Dub is Achieved
- Art in Magic and Mystery: Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito
- Spin-off Manga on Seven Deadly Sins' Ban and Elaine Ends in September
- Planeterium Program for Bonobono Commemorated with Screening Event
- Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- 4 Haikyuu! Works to Air on AbemaTV Starting August 19
- Creator of ‘Hunter x Hunter’ Draws A 2-Chapter Manga
- After the First: Youkai Apartment
- General Anime Impressions: In Another World with My Smartphone
- A Project to Support Physics Studies in Japan Launches with "Particle Boys"
- Limited Edition Pikachu Filters are Available on Snapchat!
- ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ Continues to Dominate Japanese Theaters