It was announced recently that Daisuki, the anime streaming service owned by Anime Consortium Japan will be ending its services effective October 31. Regardless of this announcement, it will still provide free simulcast streaming of Dragon Ball Super until the service’s closure. More details on a later date will be revealed when it comes to the series’ further episode streams.
Another one of its services called Daisuke Next will be shutting down its service on September 29. Daisuki’s app will no longer be downloadable effective October 2 while its official social media accounts will close on December 15. As of now, members will no longer be able to purchase the premium membership since the final billing month for premium was on June. Those who haven’t cancelled their premium membership will still get to enjoy it until the service shut down.
Daisuki first launched its service in 2013 which is a joint collaboration of the following anime studios: Sunrise, Toei Animation, Aniplex, Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), TMS Entertainment, and Asatsu-DK. When the Anime Consortium Japan (ACJ) was established in 2014, Daisuki then made a merge with the company. In March, ACJ was now under full ownership of Bandai Namco Holdings.
According to a column posted by Anime News Network, some of the reasons why Daisuki declined over the years is due to the complexity of it app and streaming platform as well not providing HD video. Some users also complained of bugs where in the Daisuki team took time to address these problems. Aside from this, other users (especially in the Western market), prefer to stream anime legally in other sources like Funimation, Crunchyroll, and so on.
Despite the efforts and improvement that were done over the years, it seems that Daisuki was not able to be in level with its steaming competitors and would have continued its service if they have listened to what anime fans want in a streaming service.
Source: Anime News Network
General Impression: Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro BiyoriJun 24, 12pmSynopsis Set in a popular Japanese-style café named “Rokuhoudou”, this story star four specialists. They consist of tea specialist and café owner Sui, latte artist Gure, sweets specialist Tsubaki and cooking specialist Tokitaka.
- Second Season of ‘Mob Psycho 100’ to Premiere on January 2019, Teaser Visual Released!
- New Character Visuals Released for Upcoming ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Anime Film
- USA Now has an Official Representative for the World Cosplay Summit 2018, Competition to Happen Next Month!
- 5 Precure Girls are Together in the New ‘Hugtto! Precure Anime! Visual
- Anime Adaptation of ‘Asobi Asobase’ to have 12 Episodes and Mini Anime
- Steve Ditko, ‘Spider-Man’ Co-Creator Passes Away
- Retsuko Returns in 2019 with an Aggretsuko Anime 2nd Season
- A Job Site for Cosplayers is Launched in Japan
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for Seven Weeks
- Party Dress Designs and Young All Might Visuals Released for Upcoming ‘My Hero Academia: Two Heroes’ Anime Film!
- ‘Violet Evergarden’ Announces its ‘Same Time Period’ Anime Film Premiere in January 2020!
- "Yuri!! On Ice" Film is Confirmed with Details
- Smartphone Game ‘Sword Art Online: Code Register’ to End Service in Late August
- Trailer for Upcoming ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Film Released, Features Theme Song Performed by Nogizaka46!
- Promo Video for 'Revue Starlight' Anime Series Revealed!
- Makoto Shinkai, Sunao Katabuchi, and Mamoru Hosoda Invited to Join Oscars’ Academy
- General Impression: Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori
- Shojo Kageki Revue Starlight Gains a Smartphone Game