It was announced recently that Daisuki, the anime streaming service owned by Anime Consortium Japan will be ending its services effective October 31. Regardless of this announcement, it will still provide free simulcast streaming of Dragon Ball Super until the service’s closure. More details on a later date will be revealed when it comes to the series’ further episode streams.
Another one of its services called Daisuke Next will be shutting down its service on September 29. Daisuki’s app will no longer be downloadable effective October 2 while its official social media accounts will close on December 15. As of now, members will no longer be able to purchase the premium membership since the final billing month for premium was on June. Those who haven’t cancelled their premium membership will still get to enjoy it until the service shut down.
Daisuki first launched its service in 2013 which is a joint collaboration of the following anime studios: Sunrise, Toei Animation, Aniplex, Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), TMS Entertainment, and Asatsu-DK. When the Anime Consortium Japan (ACJ) was established in 2014, Daisuki then made a merge with the company. In March, ACJ was now under full ownership of Bandai Namco Holdings.
According to a column posted by Anime News Network, some of the reasons why Daisuki declined over the years is due to the complexity of it app and streaming platform as well not providing HD video. Some users also complained of bugs where in the Daisuki team took time to address these problems. Aside from this, other users (especially in the Western market), prefer to stream anime legally in other sources like Funimation, Crunchyroll, and so on.
Despite the efforts and improvement that were done over the years, it seems that Daisuki was not able to be in level with its steaming competitors and would have continued its service if they have listened to what anime fans want in a streaming service.
Source: Anime News Network
See also: An Actual Simple Love Story: Doukyuusei
An Actual Simple Love Story: DoukyuuseiDec 9, 10amSynopsis Rihito Sajou is an honor student who got perfect scores in every subject on his high school entrance exam.
New Manga Thoughts: Magi Craft MeisterDec 3, 6pmSynopsis The last Magi Craft Meister has passed and now a thousand years later an heir is found in the form of one JIn Nidou.
The Berserk Manga Makes a December ReturnDec 7, 10amMonths has passed since the announcement of the “Berserk” manga hiatus back in June.
'Pokemon' 2018 Anime Movie Teased!Dec 11, 9amIt was revealed on Monday in the official Pokemon website that the 2018 anime movie of the popular franchise is now in the works.
- 'Pokemon' 2018 Anime Movie Teased!
- 4 New Cast Members are Revealed for Gakuen Babysitters
- An Official Trailer is Released for Manga turned Film "Alita: Battle Angel"
- The 1st PV is Out With a Release Date and Cast for "Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori"
- An Actual Simple Love Story: Doukyuusei
- A 2 Month Break is Announced for "Welcome to the Ballroom"
- New Mobile Game Release: ‘Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team’
- Ryan Reynolds Becomes the Voice of Detective Pikachu
- The Berserk Manga Makes a December Return
- Hoenn Region Pokemon and Weather Forecasts are Added to Pokemon GO
- ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ Live-Action Film Conquers The Japanese Box Office!
- Next Chapters of ‘Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu’ Manga to be Released Online
- Nintendo Switch Game Trailer Released for ‘Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds’
- New Manga Thoughts: Sewayaki Kitsune No Senko-chan
- New Manga Thoughts: Magi Craft Meister
- Coming on January 27 is the Fate/Extra Last Encore Anime
- Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Reveals an Anime Adaptation Project
- An Honest Identity Story: Shimaname Tasogare