While a lot of Square Enix fans were disappointed on the sudden delay release announcements of Kingdom Hearts III and the remake of Final Fantasy VII last May, Square Enix has released a new announcement in the D23 Expo 2017 on Saturday that the game is now slated for a 2018 release for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. Aside from this, the ‘Toy Story’ world is confirmed to be included on the games releases. You can check out the two teaser videos below:
Kingdom Hearts III has been a very long wait most especially for its large fanbase. It will be developed using Unreal Engine4 and Square Enix will be assisted by Epic Games in this project. The game confirms the return of the Olympus Coliseum world as well as introducing new worlds like Tangled and Big Hero 6.
The confirmation of a Kingdom Hearts III game was announced in 2013 and fans are hyped about it with high hopes and expectations that the game will be released the soonest.Screenshots were released by Square Enix on the game’s official Twitter accounts giving players a sneak peak on what to expect upon its release. A trailer of the game was released last June which you can see both versions below:
Japanese singer and songwriter Hikaru Utada is confirmed to be singing the new theme song for the game. His father Teruzane Utada took back on what he said on Twitter in October 2013 that he will be working together with his daughter in composing the new theme song and clarified that the collaboration is still undecided. Utada Hikaru’s popularity grew even more when she sang the song “Simple and Clean” for the first Kingdom Hearts game as well “Sanctuary” for Kingdom Hearts II. After eight years, she finally made a comeback by releasing a new album Fantôme which was released last September 2016.
With a year now being announced, let’s hope that there will be no more delays as we can’t wait for this awesome game.
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- A New Visual, Cast, and Schedule Details are Out for Tsukumogami Kashimasu
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App